Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 14, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #43,757 of 62,573
MT has charging issues unfortunately. Some people don't have the issue, but I feel the majority do. If there is no red light then it is not charging, and it's not connecting because it's 0% charged.

It's all about the placement in the case. Try to remove from case and re-insert into case multiple times until the red light is blinking slow. I have to keep my case open to keep the MT charging. It's hell sometimes so I don't recommend MT to anyone anymore. Not worth the hassle.

Exactly why I returned mine. Loved the sound at the price, I do like bass, but having to baby them just to charge was a total deal breaker.

Mar 14, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #43,758 of 62,573
Not worth taking the subway and getting slashed with a box cutter, pushed in front of a train, or having feces smushed in my face to go to B&H.

Wow. So sad. You live in a paranoid alternate universe. I go to NYC all the time and it's a blast. Actually heading there shortly for work with my Sony's for the commute. I take mass transit into and around the city, lots of walking, subways, and biking in the nice weather. Just went to Bryant Park, the MOMA, the village recently and also to a MOTH mainstage event in West Harlem. Last year I went on like 30 plus dates in NYC from in half the neighborhoods in Manhattan to Brooklyn and it was just fine. And that was when Covid was worse than it is now.

It's nothing like you are talking about. Crime is up since Covid yes, but is still less than it was under Bloomberg, it's just much more amplified now especially by certain media outlets and a whole political party with an agenda, and yes the most drastic incidents get a lot of attention. Statistically it's still one of the safer big cities in the US. But actually just stay out, things are starting to get crowded so it's nice to have a few less people in there.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #43,759 of 62,573
Exactly why I returned mine. Loved the sound at the price, I do like bass, but having to baby them just to charge was a total deal breaker.
I feel bad for all the people that have had issues with theirs, because I have had none of the issues reported even all this time later...... There was that one time that I had to reset them because the right side quit working suddenly but doing so alleviated the issue permanently. And there was one time where one side failed to update the FW. But repeating the update succeeded.

It makes me feel bad because (even today) I recommend them to potential new buyers. Especially since they can be had for $70-$80 (compared to the mid $100s they were when they first came out).

Mar 14, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #43,760 of 62,573
Wow. So sad. You live in a paranoid alternate universe. I go to NYC all the time and it's a blast. Actually heading there shortly for work with my Sony's for the commute. I take mass transit into and around the city, lots of walking, subways, and biking in the nice weather. Just went to Bryant Park, the MOMA, the village recently and also to a MOTH mainstage event in West Harlem. Last year I went on like 30 plus dates in NYC from in half the neighborhoods in Manhattan to Brooklyn and it was just fine. And that was when Covid was worse than it is now.

It's nothing like you are talking about. Crime is up since Covid yes, but is still less than it was under Bloomberg, it's just much more amplified now especially by certain media outlets and a whole political party with an agenda, and yes the most drastic incidents get a lot of attention. Statistically it's still one of the safer big cities in the US. But actually just stay out, things are starting to get crowded so it's nice to have a few less people in there.
I have been commuting into the city as well. I take the train into Penn Station and walk to the office (was walking to Upper East side even before COVID and Audio46 is conveniently on the way). Have taken the subway a few times when in a rush as well. Penn Station during 2020 was not great when nobody was around and the homeless started getting very aggressive (there were a few that would follow people around and come up to you and ask for money) but the city has cleaned up a lot since last summer and has been fine. It is actually pretty crowded now with commuters and tourists. There are some days I can't even get a seat on the train anymore. Pretty much feels normal again. Been using Aonic 50s on my commute since it's been cold (due to some ear pain IEMs have been giving me with the added benefit of keeping the ears warm while walking) but will have to switch back to PI7s now that it is getting warmer. TWS are really convenient when you have to wear a mask and even using my Aonic 50s has gotten annoying compared to the convenience of TWS.

Mar 14, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #43,762 of 62,573
Hi all, been a long time away but have been skulking around this thread for a while as I've been dipping my toe into TWS.

I feel bad for all the people that have had issues with theirs, because I have had none of the issues reported even all this time later...... There was that one time that I had to reset them because the right side quit working suddenly but doing so alleviated the issue permanently. And there was one time where one side failed to update the FW. But repeating the update succeeded.

It makes me feel bad because (even today) I recommend them to potential new buyers. Especially since they can be had for $70-$80 (compared to the mid $100s they were when they first came out).
Same for me, mostly. I picked up a used pair and have had a couple of issues similar to yours but, generally speaking, they have been fine.
Having said that I have a pair of Buds + and in comparison the BT is weak for sure. I can deliberately get the signal to drop/skip by placing my hand around my phone (whilst at my side), whereas this never happens with the Buds+.

The MT sound great though, I'm really enjoying their dynamic and warm sound, very much to my liking.

My question to you guys is what has the same kind of dynamic and warm sound but is a step up, with a more holographic soundstage? I like the stage of the MT, just wondering if there is something even better....

Mar 14, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #43,763 of 62,573
Mar 14, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #43,765 of 62,573
Is this really it...
1646419003583.png
1646419017287.png
With outstanding sound quality and Adaptive Noise Cancellation, the MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 are an excellent choice if you're looking for ultimate listening pleasure. The Sennheiser TrueResponse transducer system delivers superior high-fidelity sound using high-resolution wireless transmission. Adaptive Noise Cancellation guarantees an undisturbed listening experience and automatically adapts the ANC level if the ambient noise level changes. The advanced system uses three microphones to continually monitor ambient noise and automatically optimise noise cancellation. When you want to be aware of your surroundings or have a conversation, the Transparent Hearing feature makes the ambient noise audible at the touch of a button.

Impressive all round
Exceptional quality when answering and making calls or interacting with voice assistants is guaranteed by an advanced system that uses three microphones on each earbud. Either earbud can be used on its own, making the MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 simple and convenient to use. Improved ergonomics and a selection of ear adapters and fins ensure that these in-ear headphones are extremely comfortable to wear, all day long, while splash protection (IPX4) makes them very versatile. The design combines a sleek, futuristic look with the trademark delicate craftsmanship of the MOMENTUM series.
Details
  • Size (W x H x D): one size fits all
  • Material: plastic
  • Colour: black
Features
  • Sennheiser's signature sound thanks to the Sennheiser TrueResponse transducer system
  • Adaptive Noise Cancellation (ANC)
  • Splash-proof according to IPX4*
  • Customisable touch interface for intuitive operation
  • Supported profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP
  • Sound pressure level: 107 dB
  • ANC: Hybrid Adaptive ANC
  • Bluetooth® 5.2, Class 1
  • Supported codecs: SBC, AAC, aptX™, aptX™ adaptive
  • Frequency range: 5-21 kHz
  • Wireless charging (case)
  • Qi wireless charging
  • Power supply: 5 V⎓, 1,000 mA max.
  • Built-in lithium-ion battery (charging time: up to 90 mins.)
  • Runtime up to 7 hrs. - up to 28 hrs. with wireless charging
Included in delivery
  • Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 in-ear headphones
  • Charging case
  • USB-C charging cable
  • Silicone ear adapter sets, sizes: XS, S, M, L
  • Silicon ear fin sets, sizes: S, M, L
*Protected against splashes from any direction in accordance with the IPX4 standard.

Sennheiser will be taking my money -- this and the yet-to-be-avail-in-the-US ie600. Go Sennheiser!

Mar 14, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #43,767 of 62,573
Hi all, been a long time away but have been skulking around this thread for a while as I've been dipping my toe into TWS.

Same for me, mostly. I picked up a used pair and have had a couple of issues similar to yours but, generally speaking, they have been fine.
Having said that I have a pair of Buds + and in comparison the BT is weak for sure. I can deliberately get the signal to drop/skip by placing my hand around my phone (whilst at my side), whereas this never happens with the Buds+.

The MT sound great though, I'm really enjoying their dynamic and warm sound, very much to my liking.

My question to you guys is what has the same kind of dynamic and warm sound but is a step up, with a more holographic soundstage? I like the stage of the MT, just wondering if there is something even better....

I also own and like the MT. Bought it at 130, it’s now at like 80... anyway, a steal. Despite its occasional instability, still great sound and stage for a TWS at that price.

What is your budget for this new endeavor? ANC is a biggie? Multipoint?

I’m not in purchase mode, but I’m gonna look deeper into this new Senn MTW3. If sound is your main goal, people here like the Fokus Pro and the AZ60... and many, many others.

IEMs connected to Bluetooth adapters are also an option depending on your mobility options.

Narrowing down your must-haves is a must.

Mar 14, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #43,770 of 62,573
I have been commuting into the city as well. I take the train into Penn Station and walk to the office (was walking to Upper East side even before COVID and Audio46 is conveniently on the way). Have taken the subway a few times when in a rush as well. Penn Station during 2020 was not great when nobody was around and the homeless started getting very aggressive (there were a few that would follow people around and come up to you and ask for money) but the city has cleaned up a lot since last summer and has been fine. It is actually pretty crowded now with commuters and tourists. There are some days I can't even get a seat on the train anymore. Pretty much feels normal again. Been using Aonic 50s on my commute since it's been cold (due to some ear pain IEMs have been giving me with the added benefit of keeping the ears warm while walking) but will have to switch back to PI7s now that it is getting warmer. TWS are really convenient when you have to wear a mask and even using my Aonic 50s has gotten annoying compared to the convenience of TWS.

Yeah man. Penn Station was a rougher small area during the harshest parts of the lockdown, but the city was still overall pretty chill, especially starting last spring. I am doing consulting so am in the city only here and there for a work project but it does consist of a lot of my social life since I live so close, like I said last year I was there for 30 plus dates and other excursions - including multiple 35 mile bike rides which is one of my favorite summer activities. So we ride all over Manhattan and Brooklyn and parts of Queens for whole day trips with lots of stops. Walking around today was absolutely lovely and besides a few masks, and a few larger commercial vacancies, it felt just like pre-Covid. I walked for about 2.5 hours looking at retail spaces all over to get an idea for a project for a client.

Anyways I've been hearing people say how NYC is a war zone for a while now since Covid started and it's getting tiring when I've been there a lot and interact with people from there all the time. When people paint the picture of NYC like that guy was in this thread, it's just insane right-wing propaganda and frankly I just don't have the patience for their nonsense anymore. Residential rents are pretty much back to their record setting levels from pre-Covid, though there are definitely some tough things from Covid - NYC has more commercial vacancies than before, due to Covid, and there are some more homeless people than before and there has been a rise in crime since 2019, but again, still one of the safer big cities in America. Remember since Bloomberg crime continued to drop every year under the next guy, so the spike didn't bring it back to any insane level.

Used the XM4's today during transit, love the ANC. I just wish they didn't have the one bud connect issue using LDAC with the Pixel phones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back