Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 12, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #43,726 of 62,573
I don't find my AZ60 cheap in any fashion either. But have realized I do at time find them uncomfortable in comparison to the FH5 which does add to my using the FH5 more along with better sound quality.

My experience with Jabra was they sounded OK but lacking in detail and musicality. The Jabra was more comfortable though.

Mar 13, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #43,728 of 62,573
While I'm still tinkering with the technics EAH-AZ60 I just found news on the Momentum 3s. Sounds quite promising and I'll probably send the Technics back just to see what those Sennheisers can do. If they'd be priced at 249€ that would be nice too. Very curious about the "fins" - could be very similar to those on the CA MT2 which I really liked ...

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-13 um 10.40.09.png

Found on the Sennheiser thread on reddit:
https://www.worldshop.eu/en/sennhei...3-ear-headphones-black-1764265/?p=xXTkj83IXo4

p. s. sorry if this was posted before ...

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2022 at 5:47 AM Post #43,729 of 62,573
I'll deffo get the new mtw 3 as well, at least from Amazon so that I can return them if they don't impress me enough.

It's hard to tell how much improvements Anc/SQ/comfort/transparency has made without trying for yourself :)

But what I can tell is that the design is much more boring than before... Just plain black :/

I also hope they've worked hard on the touch controls since I'm now used for the AZ60 which has excellent controls.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2022 at 6:08 AM Post #43,730 of 62,573
The charging port on the front of the MTW3 looks a bit weird I think...

Mar 13, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #43,731 of 62,573
While I'm still tinkering with the technics EAH-AZ60 I just found news on the Momentum 3s. Sounds quite promising and I'll probably send the Technics back just to see what those Sennheisers can do. If they'd be priced at 249€ that would be nice too. Very curious about the "fins" - could be very similar to those on the CA MT2 which I really liked ...

Found on the Sennheiser thread on reddit:
https://www.worldshop.eu/en/sennhei...3-ear-headphones-black-1764265/?p=xXTkj83IXo4

p. s. sorry if this was posted before ...
https://www.pocket-lint.com/headpho...e-wireless-3-earbuds-set-to-launch-next-month

Colour me excited! I love my MTW2s.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #43,733 of 62,573
Where is this located. We have nothing at all with this much selection

Are you serious? B&H, Bloom, Audio 46... these are NY and NJ but I’m sure there are more “local outlets”. Anyway, the market there is incomparably larger online. (I mean without import taxes and 4+ weeks shipping)

I believe he's in Portugal

This is a store called FNAC in Lisbon, Portugal.

Mar 13, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #43,734 of 62,573
Are you serious? B&H, Bloom, Audio 46... these are NY and NJ but I’m sure there are more “local outlets”. Anyway, the market there is incomparably larger online. (I mean without import taxes and 4+ weeks shipping)

LOL... Ya where I am at there is nothing like that. Trust ive certainly checked. Anyways must be nice. For most of us in the States we have to order online which... It's not all bad. It would be very cool to have a place to test out certain sets. Oh well

Mar 13, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #43,735 of 62,573

Not worth taking the subway and getting slashed with a box cutter, pushed in front of a train, or having feces smushed in my face to go to B&H.

Mar 13, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #43,737 of 62,573
Ok, that's a little harsh... But I bike everywhere so what do I know? :)
A bit but not too far from the truth unfortunately. I have never been messed with on the subway as mainly it is easier targets though I might just drive now. Not sure how it is driving now. Haven't driven in the city since 2018 but I have been one who has liked the driving in the city. Parking is the issue more than the driving. Used to be faster taking the subway to B&H than driving as long as you got the express.

Mar 13, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #43,738 of 62,573
Where is this located. We have nothing at all with this much selection
I was thinking the same thing when I saw that photo. Pure heaven.

Mar 13, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #43,739 of 62,573
Yep, no parking pretty much just keeps me to through-driving, in which case, yeah, it's pretty enjoyable. But really the subway is not bad except for the one time out of 20 that you get into the wrong car and you wish you had not just noise canceling headphones but smell canceling as well.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #43,740 of 62,573
Sorry guys, one more quick question:) Fokus Pro vs Beoplay EQ for metal?
I'm a metalhead too. They both sound awesome. EQ sounds sick and are sexy, but the Fokus has a balanced armature and will not doubt sound better to critical listeners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back