Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 30, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #42,451 of 63,208
I def like your tastes in iems. I love the lea, aria, and he01. The he01 reminds me a lot of my shure srh840s which I loved for years. They're both boring, but just something about them I love.

Hahahah yeah I couldn't resist after seeing hbb's video about them. I got in around purchase 425 I think. I'll definitely be posting the verse. It's just such a good deal to support hbb, plus I love what what he's doing with the verses and having 6/500 be free with the golden lettered cards, plus the verses with free gear. I didn't know it used the oxygen driver until you mentioned it. HBB didn't say what one it was in his video. Now I'm super excited for it.

Guess I lucked out with my utws3's. I got mmcx and using an mmcx --> 2 pin adapter, they work with my arias.
Ya I have the mmcx to 2 pin adapter for my mmcx version of the Utws3 but I have to have the Fiio Fd3 on the mmcx version... The Fd3 sounds so so good on it. So I may try to do what @erockg did. If I do that I have some shrink wrap I'll add to the ends... It doesn't look like you can do this very clean looking... Well see how it turns out.

Ya the olina is a perfected Oxygen... Same driver but a slightly wider soundstage I guess and on a hint more air up top... I mean a hint. Hbb loves the Oxygen but the fit for alot of people was really weird...

Jan 30, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #42,452 of 63,208
Yeah, I did find that the 7 Active beat the 7 Pro in sound with the bass/sub bass. But now, they seemed have tweaked the firmware and the 7 Active sound much better to me. Also, the ANC seems tweaked. It's eliminating much more than I remember here at home. Multiparing is working flawlessly. I'm able to switch from computer to iPhone easily. Only two devices at a time. From what I'm seeing on the Jabra site, the Active 7 Pro and the Elite 7 Pro both are IPX57 which seems odd, but I'll take it. I haven't used them on any wfh Zoom calls or regular calls yet. That'll come during the week. These are a much better value now, especially with multi-pairing. Really hope all the bug are gone. So far so good.
Let us know which one of the two end up with the crown for best call quality.

Jan 30, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #42,453 of 63,208
Really digging the OH10's but like any IEM, not perfect. If they were to make tweaks in the future, I'd love them to push the vocals more to the forefront. They are a little more recessed than I'd like. Otherwise, a great buy and still really enjoyable.

Jan 30, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #42,454 of 63,208
@guitarizt It’s quite the list! The Whizzer HE01 which frustrated me from the start with the tightly constructed box. Then the ear tips wouldn’t fit over the stem. Once that was done it took another 5 minutes to make the two pin connectors pushed in. Then the right bud didn’t work. I can’t say anything about the sound quality because I never heard it!

The Tripowin TC01 had all good ingredients in the sound but it felt thin and unexciting. I’m sure it’s my ears because many love them.

Ibasso IT07 - oh my goodness, what sound! And for $900 it should be so! But I was disappointed by the sound for that price. Not really sure what I expected! I carefully packed them back in their box. Amazon gets them back tomorrow.

There are quite a few more but I think I’ll just do a few at a time

Jan 30, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #42,455 of 63,208
I'm going back and forth between the OH10 and the Kato and they're both great in different ways. The Kato exceeds in clarity and separation by far to my ears. One thing that is truly cool on the OH10 is the soundstage. I'm really impressed at how wide it is. The bass is big on the OH10, but the Kato seems to have tighter bass punch. Love the fit of the OH10. Kato fit, but I'm still working on perfection there. Kato are smaller. Neither touch my Thieaudio Clairvoyance. The TC just fits like a glove and man, everything coalesces so perfect with them. I'm only using my TWS adapters with all of this stuff. KZ AZ09 Pro, UTWS3 & 5 and the TW2s. Depending on which adapters I use, really does change up the sound. Really hard to for me to decide if both the OH10 and Kato should stay or one should go right now. I will say this, both of these let me to return the Mangird Tea. The Tea aren't bad at all, but for 100 less, these can definitely compete if not exceed what I was hearing from the MT.

There is no end game. No matter what we think!
How much of an "upgrade" do you think going from the OH10 to the clairvoyance is? How's the sound signature compare/differ?

Jan 30, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #42,456 of 63,208
Are the B&O way better than the Klipsch (he asked somewhat unsure of his own choices 🥸)?
B&O EQ are THE BEST TWS to my ears. I have plenty tws, sony, airpods, jabra, huawei, samsung, sennheiser. non of them can beat the sound quality of EQ. but if you need more features, you can go with sony or airpods. but for sound quality, nothing can beat B&O EQ. but, still everyone have their own taste.

Jan 30, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #42,457 of 63,208
B&O EQ are THE BEST TWS to my ears. I have plenty tws, sony, airpods, jabra, huawei, samsung, sennheiser. non of them can beat the sound quality of EQ. but if you need more features, you can go with sony or airpods. but for sound quality, nothing can beat B&O EQ. but, still everyone have their own taste.
+100. If we’re not including the Fokus

Jan 30, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #42,458 of 63,208
Really digging the OH10's but like any IEM, not perfect. If they were to make tweaks in the future, I'd love them to push the vocals more to the forefront. They are a little more recessed than I'd like. Otherwise, a great buy and still really enjoyable.
Ya they replay just how the graph suggests. I never thought they were too bad (vocals) but compared to other sets, you can hear the V-shape. It has its other unbelievable strengths for sure.

Jan 30, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #42,459 of 63,208
@guitarizt It’s quite the list! The Whizzer HE01 which frustrated me from the start with the tightly constructed box. Then the ear tips wouldn’t fit over the stem. Once that was done it took another 5 minutes to make the two pin connectors pushed in. Then the right bud didn’t work. I can’t say anything about the sound quality because I never heard it!

The Tripowin TC01 had all good ingredients in the sound but it felt thin and unexciting. I’m sure it’s my ears because many love them.

Ibasso IT07 - oh my goodness, what sound! And for $900 it should be so! But I was disappointed by the sound for that price. Not really sure what I expected! I carefully packed them back in their box. Amazon gets them back tomorrow.

There are quite a few more but I think I’ll just do a few at a time
What type of signature are you looking for. Tc01 is a teeny bit thin in some areas but very natural sounding like the Blon 03. However they aren't powerhouses. I never tried the it07, I tried a bunch of other Ibasso's but not those. This just goes to show you that in this hobby money does jot buy you a better iem. There are diamonds in the rough by talented people tuning sets in all price points. In theory better drivers and better materials and better and smarter people should buy you a great set... That's just not always the case. That stinks about the HE01... It is a very nice sounding iem man... Esp for the price. Of course there is about 10 others that really compete for best under $100 and prob more, that's just what I can count on my hands. So what type of sound sig fits you? Maybe withing the group we can find other options

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #42,460 of 63,208
@Ceeluh7 I am just learning how to describe what I like! I think I like a slightly warm signature with a clear and defined bass, though rumble isn’t that important to me. My need for bass is for the jazz bassists like Marcus Miller and Victor Wooten. I love vocalists so I want mids that don’t jumble them all up. For highs I like them crispy and I don’t even mind a little sibilance to make the highs sparkle.

What I’ve kept are the OH10s, the Tin T3, the Mele, and Moondrop B2s. At the moment I’ve got the Katos and the CF Mammoth coming the next two days. I think I’d like to try a tribrid.

Jan 31, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #42,462 of 63,208
So it better than Devialet? I saw one Devialet pair for 220
I think it depends on your preference in sound signature and so on.
I own a pair of Devialet Gemini's and I honestly don't like them that much, but that's just me and mostly everybody in here have good things to say about them.
I just have issues getting them to sound anywhere near what I want earbuds to sound like, and they weren't comfortable in my ears either.
But if you find the sound signature to your liking they might be a good purchase.

Jan 31, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #42,463 of 63,208
@Ceeluh7 I am just learning how to describe what I like! I think I like a slightly warm signature with a clear and defined bass, though rumble isn’t that important to me. My need for bass is for the jazz bassists like Marcus Miller and Victor Wooten. I love vocalists so I want mids that don’t jumble them all up. For highs I like them crispy and I don’t even mind a little sibilance to make the highs sparkle.

What I’ve kept are the OH10s, the Tin T3, the Mele, and Moondrop B2s. At the moment I’ve got the Katos and the CF Mammoth coming the next two days. I think I’d like to try a tribrid.
You may want to look up the Tin T4.... It is fantastic for vocals... A nice tight bass, it is a single DD but a fast single DD... Also the BQEYZ Spring 2....its a tribrid. For a budget set you could try the tribrid "KZ x-Crinacle Crn (Zex Pro)" When I have time to sit down I'll think of some others. Honestly with what you have coming it may just be what you are looking for. If the Kato doesn't work for you than that will help narrow down things as it is Harman tuned.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #42,465 of 63,208
You may want to look up the Tin T4.... It is fantastic for vocals... A nice tight bass, it is a single DD but a fast single DD... Also the BQEYZ Spring 2....its a tribrid. For a budget set you could try the tribrid "KZ x-Crinacle Crn (Zex Pro)" When I have time to sit down I'll think of some others. Honestly with what you have coming it may just be what you are looking for. If the Kato doesn't work for you than that will help narrow down things as it is Harman tuned.
Hmm interesting, no fh3? I have the kz crn. One of my least favs. Reminds me of a harman tuned with a bad driver. I think I really don't like what crin likes for tuning. I like more of a smothered sound, warm V, mid-bass but not a lot. Honestly, shure srh-840 over the ears and the whizzer he01 are just so good tonally for me. I'm not sure if there's a better he01.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back