Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 3, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #39,886 of 62,382
Dec 3, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #39,887 of 62,382
Multi-point does for sure work great on them. One issue I had with my Apple gear... if I had them paired with my Mac and my iPhone at the same time. When I tapped to play music, my Mac would boot iTunes when I wanted to use my iPhone. This has happened to me with other mp featured buds too. Not an isolated incident. Sigh...
In my case being Windows and Android I luckily don't have to deal with this.

Have been enjoying the heck out of the AZ60 again today, so honeymoon still in swing :).

One thing I notice is they have a drop off point volume wise where they go from super engaging and dynamic to more main stream in definition. The good news is that point is not to loud at Aro ND 1/3 volume.

I always forget to mention I am a somewhat low volume listener, rarely going much above 50% volume. Not to interested in testing at higher volumes as I fight to preserve my aging ears. But will try a few engaging rock tracks at higher volume to see if these get shouty and painful.

Dec 3, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #39,888 of 62,382
OK one AC/DC tune "Cold Hearted Man" is enough for me... Volume set around 75% and they sounded good to me. Cymbal crashes were getting close to the edge for me but guitars didn't bother me.

I only listened to part of the song as my ears quickly get used to the higher volume and I don't want to lower it after a while because it becomes "less exciting" but that path will lead to me going deaf... Something my wife already complains about... LOL

Dec 3, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #39,889 of 62,382
Totally agree. The multipoint buds I've used tend to drive me a bit nuts with what they want to connect to and when. Could be user error, but I'm pretty savvy. Even my AirPods Max have issues some days. Tried what you said above, but sadly you can't tell it to open "nothing." No biggie for me as I'm multi-pointless now. No puns intended.
Are you having issues with your AirPods specifically, or something else? I thought you were talking about a different headphone. There’s a setting on the Mac for automatic switching if you can get to the AirPods settings. Shut that off on the Mac and it won’t automatically switch to it anymore.

AirPods are a whole different ball game where they will connect to the device it thinks you’re using/going to use. It’s imperfect, but getting better. It’s driven me nuts sometimes too.

Dec 3, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #39,890 of 62,382
Are you having issues with your AirPods specifically, or something else? I thought you were talking about a different headphone. There’s a setting on the Mac for automatic switching if you can get to the AirPods settings. Shut that off on the Mac and it won’t automatically switch to it anymore.

AirPods are a whole different ball game where they will connect to the device it thinks you’re using/going to use. It’s imperfect, but getting better. It’s driven me nuts sometimes too.
Sorry, transitioned my thoughts to both Apple and non-Apple, which both have a similar issue when I hit play. It's annoying. I've shut the Apple feature off but it's much better on Monterey. I think part of the Apple issue is that during this whole WFH scenario, I have too many devices here in front of me, so the feature is getting confused. Nothing like trying to jump on a Zoom and your APM want to connect to your phone. Good times. Rarely happens but when it does... argh. Not a huge issue. I just need to get one of those chips implanted in my head and all these problems will just vanish. Clearly.

Dec 3, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #39,891 of 62,382
Question for Galaxy Buds Pro owners - have you experienced channel imbalance specifically with Ambient mode?

My first unit had a problem where the left was much quieter than the right so I sent it in for repairs - they sent a refurb replacement but it had the exact same issue. (I had other people test each unit just to make sure it wasn't my ears but this only happened in ambient mode and not during regular media playback/phone calls.) Another thing is that the first unit would make this low volume digital ticking noise every time I was adjusting the buds - it's as if the touch sensors were acknowledging that multiple fingers were gripping the edges thus it didn't interpret it as a command and reduced false positives. I thought that was pretty neat but wasn't sure if it was a "feature" per se since the replacement unit didn't do that. Both units were on the latest FW as of a few weeks back.

I sent the refurb replacement back and this time they sent a brand new replacement so now I'm deciding whether I should just sell it and get something else - though I do like the GBP overall.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #39,892 of 62,382
I know I mentioned this before but these AKGs (https://www.harmanaudio.com/black-f...3=false&prefn4=isSupport&prefv4=false&start=1) are really hitting the spot today. One quirk is that you have to make sure the buds are seated before closing the case otherwise they don't disconnect. Not at big deal as they were so cheap IMO. The sub bass and soundstage are just awesome while listening to this album today:
I don't know if you can answer this but how comparable are these to the Galaxy Buds Pro/Galaxy Plus/Galaxy Buds as far as SQ?

Dec 3, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #39,893 of 62,382
Question for Galaxy Buds Pro owners - have you experienced channel imbalance specifically with Ambient mode?

My first unit had a problem where the left was much quieter than the right so I sent it in for repairs - they sent a refurb replacement but it had the exact same issue. (I had other people test each unit just to make sure it wasn't my ears but this only happened in ambient mode and not during regular media playback/phone calls.) Another thing is that the first unit would make this low volume digital ticking noise every time I was adjusting the buds - it's as if the touch sensors were acknowledging that multiple fingers were gripping the edges thus it didn't interpret it as a command and reduced false positives. I thought that was pretty neat but wasn't sure if it was a "feature" per se since the replacement unit didn't do that. Both units were on the latest FW as of a few weeks back.

I sent the refurb replacement back and this time they sent a brand new replacement so now I'm deciding whether I should just sell it and get something else - though I do like the GBP overall.
I have owned them for quite some time and I have not had this issue... Sorry man

Dec 3, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #39,894 of 62,382
I don't know if you can answer this but how comparable are these to the Galaxy Buds Pro/Galaxy Plus/Galaxy Buds as far as SQ?
Definitely like the soundstage and curve better than the GB Plus. Had them ages ago and wasn't a big fan. The others, I haven't tried. I don't think the apps with iPhone.
Oh and because you were considering the B&Os, the E8 Sports are smaller and louder than the EQ. Been alternating all day.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #39,895 of 62,382
Definitely like the soundstage and curve better than the GB Plus. Had them ages ago and wasn't a big fan. The others, I haven't tried. I don't think the apps with iPhone.
Oh and because you were considering the B&Os, the E8 Sports are smaller and louder than the EQ. Been alternating all day.
Thank you man, good to know about the e8 sport as well. I think you may be right about the app with iPhone.

Dec 4, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #39,896 of 62,382
That night explain things alot. I am only using my own FLAC files, no streaming of any kind.
LDAC vs lower quality codecs is Most noticeable in the upper frequencies, as more information is up there, aka more data being transmitted, therefore more being brought through in a codec that can translate more of that data to your ears. IOS AAC doesn't sound bad, but for a given headphone, you can hear more treble detail in high output LDAC of the same track

Dec 4, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #39,897 of 62,382
I know I mentioned this before but these AKGs (https://www.harmanaudio.com/black-f...3=false&prefn4=isSupport&prefv4=false&start=1) are really hitting the spot today. One quirk is that you have to make sure the buds are seated before closing the case otherwise they don't disconnect. Not at big deal as they were so cheap IMO. The sub bass and soundstage are just awesome while listening to this album today:
Just got mine. Quite nice indeed. Similar to the JBL Tour but i think their mid is a bit better and open sounding. Bass seems to extend better.

Charging case is really nii...woops dropped it

Dec 4, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #39,899 of 62,382
Well folks, not sure what exactly happened, but the OnePlus 8T decided to give up the ghost this afternoon during some car detailing. I'm back on the Pixel 3a as a daily driver. Gives me a chance to spend some time on Android 12, but she's definitely feeling a little long in the tooth.

Nice to have a headphone jack back, though. For the time being, I've just been enjoying the Club Pro+ on them. Maybe it's just me, but I feel they sound a bit fuller on the Pixel than they did on the 8T.

Also really nice to have Roon back, even if I still don't get anything above 48kHz.
Screenshot_20211204-201929.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back