Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 27, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #39,678 of 62,552
Nov 27, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #39,679 of 62,552
The Akg is a great set. Nice pick up. They are Harman to their core. Honestly this set did not get enough praise at the time of release
Thank you! Im just always so fascinated with TWS. I don't know why. Always use for multiple, imo.
Argh.... How much? I see them for $138.
IIRC they battery drainage issue when they were released. Not sure if it was fixed later on.

Both Akg and harmon have a sale for 70 during the next few hours. If that's the case, i'm not too worried as they'll just be for working out and i dont need them for much longer than an hour or so.

AKG: https://tinyurl.com/2wkuhs5c
Harman: https://tinyurl.com/yckjjxyr

Nov 27, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #39,680 of 62,552
Nov 27, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #39,681 of 62,552
The Tronsmart Onyx Prime is legit. It took alot of annoyance and fighting back the urge to throw them to finally come to a place to where I can surely say... The Onyx Prime are legit.
Be aware that there are stupid issues out the gate with connection. I must have reset these things 10 times trying to get them to pair after shutting them down. I tried updating 5 or 6 times and that kept failing. Now, I use a Samsung galaxy note 10 plus so that may be the issue. I could not get these to update or re-connect to my phone. So I took an older phone and went thru the update process on that and... Bam!... After the update this set has been wonderful.
As far as the sound.... Another gripe... Out of the box these are so awfully piercing and Tinny and metallic with this wind chime sheen to everything in the upper register. EQ. Then EQ again, when you have finished EQ-ING... You may just want to play with it one more time. That is what it was. Almost LP3 bad... To me. But.............. But.............these drivers are legit. The bass is DEEP! It rumbles but in its rumble it doesn't encroach or stay around too long. You aren't going to need to dial up the lows in the mix with these. The Mids are right there too, not attenuated or drawn back but right there with great tonality. The highs can be what you want them to be... Like any tws... They are meant to eq. The good tws can handle what you throw at them. These handle whatever you throw at them with ease. You can tell these are good drivers... Nothing cheap in the sound. The great thing is the tonality, very nice for a set coming in under $65. To me these are a better version of the Soundpeats H1. This is a honeymoon phase and like all of you know... This could all change tomorrow morning... Lol. They sound really nice to me at the moment and I am very impressed by Tronsmart. I did have to change tips as the factory tips imo really suck. In my Constant quest to find good devices for replaying what I love.... Music.... I believe the Tronsmart Onyx Prime are in the top contention for best SQ in the budget segment under 100. Honeymoon Phase Hopefully nothing changes

Nov 27, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #39,682 of 62,552
The Tronsmart Onyx Prime is legit. It took alot of annoyance and fighting back the urge to throw them to finally come to a place to where I can surely say... The Onyx Prime are legit.
Be aware that there are stupid issues out the gate with connection. I must have reset these things 10 times trying to get them to pair after shutting them down. I tried updating 5 or 6 times and that kept failing. Now, I use a Samsung galaxy note 10 plus so that may be the issue. I could not get these to update or re-connect to my phone. So I took an older phone and went thru the update process on that and... Bam!... After the update this set has been wonderful.
As far as the sound.... Another gripe... Out of the box these are so awfully piercing and Tinny and metallic with this wind chime sheen to everything in the upper register. EQ. Then EQ again, when you have finished EQ-ING... You may just want to play with it one more time. That is what it was. Almost LP3 bad... To me. But.............. But.............these drivers are legit. The bass is DEEP! It rumbles but in its rumble it doesn't encroach or stay around too long. You aren't going to need to dial up the lows in the mix with these. The Mids are right there too, not attenuated or drawn back but right there with great tonality. The highs can be what you want them to be... Like any tws... They are meant to eq. The good tws can handle what you throw at them. These handle whatever you throw at them with ease. You can tell these are good drivers... Nothing cheap in the sound. The great thing is the tonality, very nice for a set coming in under $65. To me these are a better version of the Soundpeats H1. This is a honeymoon phase and like all of you know... This could all change tomorrow morning... Lol. They sound really nice to me at the moment and I am very impressed by Tronsmart. I did have to change tips as the factory tips imo really suck. In my Constant quest to find good devices for replaying what I love.... Music.... I believe the Tronsmart Onyx Prime are in the top contention for best SQ in the budget segment under 100. Honeymoon Phase Hopefully nothing changes

your impression basically matches my experience of the Onyx Prime in my review here:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tr...ss-earbuds-qcc3040-bt-5-2.25548/review/27357/

seeing you're using Note 10+ might suggest that the connection problems might be apparent in all Samsung Note phones.. i also resorted to using other phonr to finnaly be able to update. luckily after updating to version 1.2.6, the connection problems on my Note 10 and 8 also went away.

And yes, i also agree with you that (when tuned) this Onyx Prime is definitely better sounding than the H1

Nov 28, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #39,683 of 62,552
your impression basically matches my experience of the Onyx Prime in my review here:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tr...ss-earbuds-qcc3040-bt-5-2.25548/review/27357/

seeing you're using Note 10+ might suggest that the connection problems might be apparent in all Samsung Note phones.. i also resorted to using other phonr to finnaly be able to update. luckily after updating to version 1.2.6, the connection problems on my Note 10 and 8 also went away.

And yes, i also agree with you that (when tuned) this Onyx Prime is definitely better sounding than the H1
Ya so far I am very happy with this set, it took awhile to get there but I am happy I didn't throw in the towel. Believe me I was close. I noticed after doing side by side tests with the H1 that the Onyx had better note weight, extension both ways, better clarity. H1 is not far behind and I'm sure if I tried I could almost get it there but the Onyx is in my opinion right up there with the best in the segment for SQ.

Nov 28, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #39,684 of 62,552
Pulled out my Sony Z7 and Pono player with balanced cable and getting a reminder of why I loved the Sony sound. Hard to believe how much sound quality we sacrifice to cut the cables...

Nov 28, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #39,685 of 62,552
Pulled out my Sony Z7 and Pono player with balanced cable and getting a reminder of why I loved the Sony sound. Hard to believe how much sound quality we sacrifice to cut the cables...

I had one of those moments with the UE900 a few weeks back.
Was sitting at my desk listening to some tunes and realized that TWS is super convenient but boy we are not there yet when it comes to sound. Still enjoying it but like you said, it’s a sacrifice.

Nov 28, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #39,688 of 62,552
Not sure if the offer finishes in 15 mins (midnight UK time), but in case it still helps, I have tried and returned in ears which I bought from Sennheiser direct about 2 months ago.

They were in perfect condition when returned, but they had no problem with them having been tried.

(After a moment of madness considering the HD800S, thankfully met with an OOS message, I re-purchased the CX plus inears for £65 ($87), because I thought this represented good value.)
I'm a little late in responding but thanks for the reply, that's good to hear about returns after wearing. I ended up picking up MTW2 and the CX Plus just to give me more time to decide. Figured I could keep one sealed to return if needed.

Nov 28, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #39,689 of 62,552
Don't take offense, as I've done this myself, but, you know you have the illness when you find yourself buying backups of things you already have.
99% of us on this thread have GAS (Gear Addiction Syndrome) 😂. It’s expected!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back