Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 28, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #39,706 of 62,574
I have had all three of these sets. To me I would take the AZ60. The benefits far outweigh the faults of this set. So far LDAC and tws has been a big swing & miss to me. However imo the best implementation of LDAC in this form has to go to the AZ60. They can sound really great and I'm sure will be an endgame set to many.
How is the sound vs Sony or soundcore?

Nov 28, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #39,707 of 62,574
Well, I got them for $27 on a lightning deal... But the left earpiece is DOA. Waiting for a replacement but the chifi QC in TWS pairs seems to fit with my preconceived notions of them as being even worse than regular chifi given the increase in things that can go wrong.

Seem pretty slick though, if they worked....

Sorry to hear that and hopefully the replacement set will be fine.

Nov 28, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #39,708 of 62,574
Ok something odd happened. I updated my iPhone to iOS 15 and the sound output via Bluetooth has changed. Now the sound quality on the 1MORE Comfobuds Pro took a hit while the Sennheiser CX 400BT sound MUCH better…I can’t explain it but I’m a bit puzzled. Anyone else noticed something similar after upgrading to iOS 15?

Funny thing is that I’m already on iOS 15 and I feel like my Comfobuds Pro started to sound worse as well one day without even doing any sort of update of the OS. Started early-to middle of the week I think. Weird.

That’s exactly it! It didn’t happen right after the iOS upgrade but at some point during the past week.
Unless there was an update to the 1More app? I don’t know what to think.
Edit: I just checked the 1More app and its most recent updates. Last one was last month so it’s not the app but seems more like an iOS thing.
I’m still puzzled.

OK, so I think I found the root-cause. Not sure if it's an iOS 15 issue or an issue with my iPhone X.
When you go to Settings -->Music under Cellular Streaming, make sure it's set to High Quality.
Now mine was set to High Quality but then I toggled between the 3 options and went back to High Quality and it fixed the issue... Really strange so will be keeping an eye on it but as of now the Comfobuds Pro are super pleasing to my ears. Can easily spend all day with there with no discomfort which is just awesome. The fact that the sound signature is up my alley is gravy.

Nov 29, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #39,709 of 62,574
How is the sound vs Sony or soundcore?
Soundcore has a thin midrange and treble area, even after your best effort at eq-ING these. Now they can sound very nice but there is non-weighty areas of the spectrum that I couldn't look past. Also a mettalic edge to the BA treble which can really get annoying if you pay attention to it. The Sony on the other hand to me.....my opinion.... Had this odd coloration to the mix. It was warm, there is definite clarity and the midrange to me sounded nice and up front but the Bass was just odd. It was there, but you couldn't feel it. It is a slow bass that is hollow without any emotion... Just weird. I even bumped up the bass on the Sony app and my player's app and nothing helped. The highs roll off at an OK spot but I am one that if the bass is off... Forget about it. The AZ60 has its own issues. It is prone to sibilance, which can be tamed. Also the AZ60 gets confused in complicated tracks, with extended use this may correct itself. Now what I like about the AZ60 is the tonality and the good note weight which is appropriate throughout. It's cohesive. Good Bass, midrange which isn't to far back and highs that have good extention. I love the form factor of this set and all the features are great... Good anc, nice app. Of the 3 mentioned in the original post I would easily say the AZ60, I actually second guess my decision to send them back.... They are a very nice set.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #39,710 of 62,574
X47image.jpg

Supposedly not till Q2 next year but a Nuarl that will have LDAC. Currently called X47 it will have ambient, ANC, H.D.S.S and all that as well.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #39,712 of 62,574
How are the KEF MU3s?

I currently have the AZ60, but having to return as the drivers are too large for my ears and the fit is uncomfortable.
I loved the KEF but ultimately returned them and went with the V-Moda Hexamove Pro for incredible sound, but much less features. If you have small ears, you may want to take a look. You can search for those recent posts here.

Nov 29, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #39,714 of 62,574
Would you say you found any particular faults with the KEFs? They're currently on offer for £169 and do look to be considerably smaller than the technics. I'll look into the V-Moda as well
ANC & Transpareny mode are weak. No app for EQ. Tuning is great. Buds fit great but might not for small ears.

Nov 29, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #39,715 of 62,574
Would you say you found any particular faults with the KEFs? They're currently on offer for £169 and do look to be considerably smaller than the technics. I'll look into the V-Moda as well

ANC & Transpareny mode are weak. No app for EQ. Tuning is great. Buds fit great but might not for small ears.
I don't see it. Admittedly just going by the pictures they seem close in size. I don't see considerably smaller.

Nov 29, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #39,717 of 62,574
Hmm yeah I've looked at the dimensions and there isn't much in it. The KEFs are 1mm smaller in height and 5mm in width. Still might give them a shot if the only downsides are the ANC performance.
Any chance the New JBL reflect flow pro available to you there?? Might be worth a look if so.

Nov 29, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #39,718 of 62,574
Hello all, just got the Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless, which are quite good. But is there another pair - higher in the tier - that can offer more refinement, less leakage, with a linear/neutral frequency? In short - and forgive me for skipping much of this 2649 page thread - what's the most "audiophile" oriented wireless pair of headphones (and/or IEMs)? Price doesn't matter.

Thank you 🙏

Nov 29, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #39,719 of 62,574
I don't see it. Admittedly just going by the pictures they seem close in size. I don't see considerably smaller.
I've had them both and have the V-Moda. I think I posted pics of the Vs. The back side of the KEF are wider. Probably due to the different sized driver. Different fit too. Push and twist. That said, they're very comfy for me.

Nov 29, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #39,720 of 62,574
For those in the market, M&D is having a Cyber sale on new stuff.

Attachments

• 7778128c-5787-463e-99d9-1e80909862fc.jpeg
    7778128c-5787-463e-99d9-1e80909862fc.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back