Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 27, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #39,661 of 62,436
I have bought way too many tws. At the end of the day I actually use and enjoy just a few

Sennheiser momentum 2
Geekfly gf8s (ordered the 10 today)
Nuratrue
Akg n400

So all the fiil sets, levis, helm, etc, just don't get any play. Those 4 are the tops in terms of sound quality and volume. I don't care about bells and whistles, just sound and fit. That's all. Also the ring epsb for a true audiophile old school Bluetooth experience
How would you compare volume levels of the Nuratrue and the mtw2? I heard after an update the Nuratrue volume level increased. Like you I have a ton of tws and I'm just looking for a very good SQ set. Nuratrue is on that list.

Nov 27, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #39,663 of 62,436
Thanks. I have another iPhone, same model that is still running iOS 14 so going to try it and then update... err fun times.
Unless there is something wrong with the 1More and then listening to the Sennheiser for the rest of the day, it might be my brain plays tricks on me!
Funny thing is that I’m already on iOS 15 and I feel like my Comfobuds Pro started to sound worse as well one day without even doing any sort of update of the OS. Started early-to middle of the week I think. Weird.

Nov 27, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #39,664 of 62,436
How would you compare volume levels of the Nuratrue and the mtw2? I heard after an update the Nuratrue volume level increased. Like you I have a ton of tws and I'm just looking for a very good SQ set. Nuratrue is on that list.
Yes, a firmware update added a gain option in the app for the Nuratrue. Really works well now. They get LOUD. Way louder than the MTW2 IMO.

Nov 27, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #39,665 of 62,436
Funny thing is that I’m already on iOS 15 and I feel like my Comfobuds Pro started to sound worse as well one day without even doing any sort of update of the OS. Started early-to middle of the week I think. Weird.
That’s exactly it! It didn’t happen right after the iOS upgrade but at some point during the past week.
Unless there was an update to the 1More app? I don’t know what to think.
Edit: I just checked the 1More app and its most recent updates. Last one was last month so it’s not the app but seems more like an iOS thing.
I’m still puzzled.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #39,668 of 62,436
Honestly though the Akg is super cheap on Amazon now and it's pretty amazing
I had them and actually loved the sub-bass. They really sounded great. Where are they on Amazon nowadays? Can't find them new.

Nov 27, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #39,669 of 62,436
Nov 27, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #39,670 of 62,436
Heck of a price for an AKG TWS. If they were in Canada I would be darn tempted.

Nov 27, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #39,671 of 62,436
Heck of a price for an AKG TWS. If they were in Canada I would be darn tempted.
I’m tempted and definitely do not need another pair of TWS!

Nov 27, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #39,673 of 62,436
What’s their sound signature is like? They are probably cheap because they are rather old like almost 2 years or so?
Knowing it’s AKG, it’s probably got a Harman target on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back