Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 17, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #39,407 of 62,176
I am thinking of buying the Sennheiser MTW2.

They would be my first TWS iems, I have some questions:

- Is the normal 5V 2A smartphone charger suitable for charging?

- Is it compatible with UAPP, Qobuz and Tidal?

- I've read complaints about the volume, what do you think? I also listen to older music recorded at lower volumes, not just modern music.

I have the Sennheiser CX 400BT which according to Sennheiser is the MTW 2 minus ANC and Ambient and the other features but has eq and multiple connections (not multipoint though) and honestly do find them weak in the volume department. I need them to be at 85%-90% to feel like they got enough oomph while I'm always around 60%-75% with other sets of TWS.
Is it a deal breaker? Not to me, as I don't like to blast my ears but I wish they had a little more headroom.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #39,408 of 62,176
So after 2600 plus pages what is everyone's top 5 ranking for best overall sound

Which for 5 best overall AnC

And is it possible one falls on both lists?
It's a tough answer I think as those two categories are going to have a bunch of disclaimers with them that would probably need some clarification. I will throw my number 1 for each that I have tried out, but definitely don't recommend you go buy based on the rankings without understanding the disclaimers listed in the previous 2600 pages :)

My number 1 for SQ is the B and O EQ. Plenty of disclaimers on this ranging from driver flex/pop, general QC, and excessive limitations on max volume. If they could get the issues sorted, and maybe drop the price 50-100$, they would have a great product.
My number 1 for ANC is the Sony XM4s. I personally like these as an all around use that sound pretty good with the right tips and EQ settings.

Nov 17, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #39,409 of 62,176
So after 2600 plus pages what is everyone's top 5 ranking for best overall sound

Which for 5 best overall AnC

And is it possible one falls on both lists?

Seems like the Jury is still out...
My current favorite 1,2 punch are the 1More Comfobuds Pro but not because it's the best in everything it's just happen to align to my taste and tuning the most and the Sennheiser CX 400BT.

Nov 17, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #39,410 of 62,176
Seems like the Jury is still out...
My current favorite 1,2 punch are the 1More Comfobuds Pro but not because it's the best in everything it's just happen to align to my taste and tuning the most and the Sennheiser CX 400BT.
I am thinking I need to take those CXs for a test spin. You guys keep talking about them and the curiosity is killing me :D

Nov 17, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #39,411 of 62,176
I am thinking I need to take those CXs for a test spin. You guys keep talking about them and the curiosity is killing me :D

For what they are, they are really nice and cheap.
Just keep in mind that the CX 400BT are tuned differently than the CX as the latter is the newer model and they went with more bass, less balanced sound and more narrow soundstage.
I hope this link helps.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #39,412 of 62,176
Just a note for all users, had to take a recent trip and during my rush to travel only had one set of TWS units with me, within 3 days of the trip I have been using the TWS for calls, music,etc. Started to experience itching, etc and replaced tips, etc. My right ear started to experience all issues of itching , oozing,etc . The Galaxy Buds Pro were the ones that I had for the trip. Just arrived home from travel and trying to make an appointment for doctor as this is an allergic reaction but may become an infection due to the oozing. It is evident that something really is going on.

As I have an array of TWS, never actually use these for whole days because I vary them depending what I am doing. So in thinking about it I have never had the Galaxy Pro's for more than 1hr at a time and that could be the reason why in the past never had any reaction.

The whole process matched some of the information out there, itch starts, stop using and itching goes away. You start using and the itching comes back again and if you dont stop something happens and your ear reacts. I doubt its the tips, this has to be the housing material or the metal in the connectors.

I am floored as I did not really thought would be an issue for me as I use a lot of TWS units, continously use fresh tips or even clean them with a gentle solution that is sold for hearing aids ( tip from another Headfier)

This has bummed me out and I hope I can get to a doctor before I get a full ear infection

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #39,413 of 62,176
Just a note for all users, had to take a recent trip and during my rush to travel only had one set of TWS units with me, within 3 days of the trip I have been using the TWS for calls, music,etc. Started to experience itching, etc and replaced tips, etc. My right ear started to experience all issues of itching , oozing,etc . The Galaxy Buds Pro were the ones that I had for the trip. Just arrived home from travel and trying to make an appointment for doctor as this is an allergic reaction but may become an infection due to the oozing. It is evident that something really is going on.

As I have an array of TWS, never actually use these for whole days because I vary them depending what I am doing. So in thinking about it I have never had the Galaxy Pro's for more than 1hr at a time and that could be the reason why in the past never had any reaction.

The whole process matched some of the information out there, itch starts, stop using and itching goes away. You start using and the itching comes back again and if you dont stop something happens and your ear reacts. I doubt its the tips, this has to be the housing material or the metal in the connectors.

I am floored as I did not really thought would be an issue for me as I use a lot of TWS units, continously use fresh tips or even clean them with a gentle solution that is sold for hearing aids ( tip from another Headfier)

This has bummed me out and I hope I can get to a doctor before I get a full ear infection
Lg has some earbuds that have built in UV sanitizers in the case so they are disinfected before use.

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #39,414 of 62,176

Yeah, this was posted a few pages ago as well with Samsung Galaxy TWS being the culprit based on an article.
I didn't read it as it wasn't relevant to me.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #39,415 of 62,176

Really sorry to read that. Here’s the article mentioned; although you’ve likely found this one already. Best wishes for speedy recovery.

Nov 18, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #39,416 of 62,176
whats the budget king at the moment

Nov 18, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #39,417 of 62,176
I got the AZ60 a couple weeks ago and my initial impressions were good sound (when EQed) and excellent ANC. The ANC is mostly good, but the places where it breaks down are really rough. Unfortunately, I tried them in wind… and oof, that’s just not great. It’s especially bad with sustained winds — do you know that feeling when you’re driving on the highway and someone opens one window but the others are all closed? That’s what the AZ60 do.

That said, the AZ60 are the first TWS where I can actually listen to music and enjoy it (using the dynamic EQ settings). They’re nowhere close to my favorite wired IEMs, of course (Xelento and Sine i3), but definitely passable and the ANC is really close to good enough to make them my go-to.

The other problem I have with the AZ60 is that I really don’t like their touch targets for control. It’s hard to adjust them at all without stopping the music or causing some other issue. I use my Apple Watch pretty much exclusively for pause/resume/rewind/ff with these because I don’t like the touch interface at all.
I agree with you, and I can confirm that under the wind the AZ60 is exactly as you described. I can hear the wind passing through. Some would say that it has to do with isolation and tips but I am not facing this issue with my TRI I3 or Melomania 1 or the 1+ I have tried for 2 weeks - now returned and refunded. I believe, it has to do with their shape. Besides that, I fully agree with all those who say they have a good, above average sound. To me, they sound better than the M1, M1+ , but personally I am really looking forward in receiving my FiiO UTWS5! I've already ordered it, I will have it around December 13, and now I am looking for appropriate IEMs, in case it wont drive my I3 decently.

Nov 18, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #39,420 of 62,176
whats the budget king at the moment
Things like the Elite 3, Earfun Free Pro 2, the "Peats" H1 or Sonic Pro, Haylou W1, Backbeat Tempo 30, QTC T13, Edifier X3. Things like that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back