Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 27, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #38,838 of 62,439
Possibly re: the 8. Right now, the 7 Pro are working fine and the app isn't freezing. I'm not really sure why it's happening. The CX Plus have zero issues.
I just returned mine. Sounded quite good, not excellent though. Features were great except the static noise when turning on and off ANC, Transparency mode was good, not great. Zoom, Teams and Phone calls were fantastic, but no multi-point yet and I hated short tips. No matter what size I tried I felt like my ears were being stuffed. Being able to use them independently in mono mode was a huge plus for me. background noise cancellation was also excellent as is the app. The battery life also seemed a little short to me, I think I got 4-6 hours max out of them, but don't take my word on that. I may pick them up again when the price drops about $70-80. For now i'll stick with my 75 and 85t's. Personally the 85ts while they are much bulkier are more comfortable for me. I wear them all day for work.

Oct 27, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #38,839 of 62,439
Sometimes I just leave the case for my Shure TW2s at home. They're easy to power off and last pretty long.
This is true too. Though I would still feel better having some sort of pouch or smaller (non-charging) case for them if I were to do this. I tend to not like to just shove things that aren't designed to bend every which direction into my pocket like that :p I guess I'm also too used to APP battery life where things only last 4 hours :p
I usually leave the case in my backpack. Found the TW2s can double as a great (but expensive) fidget toy.
If I have a bag with me, this is what I normally did. Though that's only too and from work :p I actually carry fidget spinners with me still... You don't want to know how much I've spent on those little things.

Oct 27, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #38,840 of 62,439
I think I might have figured out a way to charge the MT consistently. About 4-5 days ago, I was frustrated with it & in process of filling out the RMA request and decided to try the things on their support page. I tried everything they had listed and it stayed at 2% charge. I decided I truly give up. In my frustration, I just put the MT aside inside the case and left the case open by mistake over night. The next morning I saw both earbuds lighting up, and thought I might just give it a last try before submitting the RMA. The left bud was 100% charged. I tried it again 2 more days by charging with the case open to replicate the results. 100% charged both days. Then I decided what the hell, let's try with case closed. Next morning it wasn't charged. I think something is definitely the issue with the case and design.

So now I will keep trying to charge with the case open. Let's see if I can do it consistently over the next 2 weeks. If it's consistent charging then I will just push it until next-generation earbuds in the spring hopefully. Keeping my fingers crossed. If it works, then every $150 spent was worth it (especially after getting it RMA'd once already) and the amazing sound.

It's not and should not be an ideal solution tbh. I don't recommend the MT anymore to others regardless.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #38,841 of 62,439
Ordered the Gemini, pretty jacked about that and should be here tomorrow... Thank you for all the thoughts.
Hopefully these will be my endgame set..........
I almost said that with a straight face...
Too funny. Like someone trying to quit smoking on a bad day, "The stress man it was the stress!".

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #38,842 of 62,439
Some more info on the Victor... https://www.phileweb.com/interview/article/202110/27/854.html

Some useful stuff I took from it. They are tuned more like the FW10000 than the FW1500, the K2 is not just installed but also optimized for the FW1000T sound sig. The volume control is both single and continuous so you can double tap and get one step or hold on the second tap and it will keep going. The inside housing is not the same ABS resin as the outside but polycarb since it is better for the sound.

A little more interesting. Was not going to partake but am thinking about it a bit more.

Oct 27, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #38,843 of 62,439
I just returned mine. Sounded quite good, not excellent though. Features were great except the static noise when turning on and off ANC, Transparency mode was good, not great. Zoom, Teams and Phone calls were fantastic, but no multi-point yet and I hated short tips. No matter what size I tried I felt like my ears were being stuffed. Being able to use them independently in mono mode was a huge plus for me. background noise cancellation was also excellent as is the app. The battery life also seemed a little short to me, I think I got 4-6 hours max out of them, but don't take my word on that. I may pick them up again when the price drops about $70-80. For now i'll stick with my 75 and 85t's. Personally the 85ts while they are much bulkier are more comfortable for me. I wear them all day for work.
I love that they're tiny. Smallest Jabras yet. I was having an auto-mute issue on Zoom calls yesterday. Today when I tried up unpair from my iPhone and pair with my Mac for a Zoom, they wouldn't connect. I do think the ANC and Transparency is better than most folks are saying. I don't have my 75/85s anymore otherwise I'd probably keep the 85s. I always felt like the bass was muddier and the fit wasn't as secure to my ears. What is driving me nuts with the 7s is the app keeps freezing. That said, the buds seem to be keeping their settings now. I did a firmware reinstall yesterday, that seems to have gotten rid of the static issue when activating ANC/Transparency when music is playing, so that's good. I can never settle on just one pair all day. Usually mix it up. Good to hear I'm not the only one who has had struggles with the 7s.

Oct 27, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #38,844 of 62,439
Don't know if anyone has tried this, but there is a new setting in the AirPods Pro menus that let you do a Mimi hearing test then import that to the APP. I remember the Bragi Dash Pro had this feature and it worked well. That, along with Spatial Audio stereo for music really does kick the APPs up a notch.

If only there were more bass... c'mon Apple. Mix that in the Kool Aid I drank years ago.

Oct 27, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #38,846 of 62,439
This combo really is end game for TWS. It’s also ridiculously more expensive. It’s just a completely different thing.
Ha ha! Funny thing is, I still screw around purchasing the cheaper stuff. It's seriously a bad habit. As I'm putting the Liberty 3 Pros in my cart...

Oct 27, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #38,848 of 62,439
I love that they're tiny. Smallest Jabras yet. I was having an auto-mute issue on Zoom calls yesterday. Today when I tried up unpair from my iPhone and pair with my Mac for a Zoom, they wouldn't connect. I do think the ANC and Transparency is better than most folks are saying. I don't have my 75/85s anymore otherwise I'd probably keep the 85s. I always felt like the bass was muddier and the fit wasn't as secure to my ears. What is driving me nuts with the 7s is the app keeps freezing. That said, the buds seem to be keeping their settings now. I did a firmware reinstall yesterday, that seems to have gotten rid of the static issue when activating ANC/Transparency when music is playing, so that's good. I can never settle on just one pair all day. Usually mix it up. Good to hear I'm not the only one who has had struggles with the 7s.

When you're on a Zoom call using the Jabra, do you also have Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams running in the background?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #38,849 of 62,439
Finally shipped them yesterday but haven't arrived. Best balance of ANC and SQ may be the devialet gemini however. I think the EQ sound better generally but the Gemini has better ANC. Both have some gremlins. I would recommend both. I am really impressed with the Fokus sound quality but they may not be the best choice if you are looking for that single go-to all around TWS.
Do you have any issue with right bud drains more battery than the left one does? My right buds always drain 2-8% more than left bud. From 100% - 40%, it is 1-2% difference. But when the battery life reaches below 30, right bud is always 6-8% less than left bud. I fully charged first time before using it but right bud died without telling me anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back