Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 27, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #38,852 of 62,456
Do you have any issue with right bud drains more battery than the left one does? My right buds always drain 2-8% more than left bud. From 100% - 40%, it is 1-2% difference. But when the battery life reaches below 30, right bud is always 6-8% less than left bud. I fully charged first time before using it but right bud died without telling me anything.
Typically the bud connected to your phone uses more battery since the other bud is piggybacking off the connected bud.

Are you using TWS mode? Not all phones support TWS mode, but that links both buds to the phone at the same time. Not sure if that would use less battery though since both buds would be connected.

Oct 27, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #38,853 of 62,456
Typically the bud connected to your phone uses more battery since the other bud is piggybacking off the connected bud.

Are you using TWS mode? Not all phones support TWS mode, but that links both buds to the phone at the same time. Not sure if that would use less battery though since both buds would be connected.
I never had TWS before. EQ is my first one so I am confused. TWS is always on. So I guess the right bud is the one which connects to my IP8+. Just feel uncomfortable about this

Oct 27, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #38,854 of 62,456
That's really useful, thanks for the quick response!

Really like the default tuning, but it doesn't work for everything, so seems like a no-brainer to return them and get the Aurora Blue.

Agree about the Sennheiser eq, it's not great. Wasn't a fan of the 'neutral' pre-set initially, so bumped up the treble and lowered the bass a bit, but eventually found that too shrill so moved the sliders back a little, but that made it nearly indistinguishable from the neutral setting, so gave up and left it at neutral most of the time. Getting the right ear tips made a bigger difference. Stock tips didn't fit well, and foam reduced the clarity and felt uncomfortable (although helped remove sibilance), but Spinfit CP360s are working better. Comfobuds Pro are far easier to get along with though.

The Sennheiser CX 400BT which should be very similar to the MTW2 if not identical sound great to me, however sometimes they feel too polite with the music.
They aren't mellow but they are more forgiving but still nicely detailed while the Comfobuds Pro have more edge to the music but still remain as balanced sound and never caused me ear fatigue.

The Sennheiser are great when I'm at home and want to enjoy the refined sound signature but since the CX 400BT have no Ambient or ANC the Comfobuds Pro will come with me to a road trip, train ride, the mall or the office, when it becomes a thing again since the ANC and Ambient both are excellent and the sound while balanced is energetic when called for it and really gives hifi vibes.
The only thing that the Comfobuds Pro are lacking in the default setting is the better imaging and soundstage. It's not half bad and very close to the CX 400BT but with the pre-sets using the Acoustic or Classical you can bring it to very impressive levels.

I truly love them both and at this point my TWS search for the foreseeable future has ended.

Oct 28, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #38,855 of 62,456
Agree, I much more gravitate to tws just for the form factor, I do have a bunch of iems and when in the mood the Utws3 serve a good purpose. BTW utws5 does look nice... Still haven't gone to market I don't think?

Yep, very soon to be released.

Yeah, the TWS cases aren't portable at all which is a shame. I've kind of turned away from adapting TWS headphones and going towards a normal BT cable for the headphones.

This usually isn't an issue for me, I have a bag and just throw the cases in 😉

Ordered the Gemini, pretty jacked about that and should be here tomorrow... Thank you for all the thoughts.
Hopefully these will be my endgame set..........
I almost said that with a straight face...

Endgame? Hahaha 😂 I don't think so...only when you quit the hobby and delete your account here in Head-fi will you really start to mean it 😉

Oct 28, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #38,856 of 62,456
When you're on a Zoom call using the Jabra, do you also have Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams running in the background?
No, just Zoom. Zoom. And more Zoom 🤮

Oct 28, 2021 at 1:09 AM Post #38,857 of 62,456
No, just Zoom. Zoom. And more Zoom 🤮
I recall my Jabra Evolve 2 65 behaving this way when my organization was transitioning from Skype to MS Teams. It was muting it by itself.
See if you can maybe test it on a different laptop or your phone. I think it’s a Windows issue with Jabra products if I remember correctly.

Oct 28, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #38,858 of 62,456
Endgame? Hahaha 😂 I don't think so...only when you quit the hobby and delete your account here in Head-fi will you really start to mean it 😉

endgame.. of a single match... but it is an early game in a really long tournament :smile:

Oct 28, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #38,859 of 62,456
The Devialet Gemini's aren't supposed to show up till Friday. For some reason I want to keep calling them DEVIANT Gemini's.

The SednaEarfit Crystals size Med showed up today for the Samsung Bud Pro's. I must say they are on their game when it comes to the sizing comparison vs stock Samsung tips. The Large Samsung tips allowed the seal in my right ear to be broken on occasion (moving jaw, eating). The Med SednaEarfit Crystal's are sealing just fine and feel more comfortable then the ML size.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #38,860 of 62,456

That is actually TWS+ (Plus) and the phones chipset needs to support it or the buds will run as Master+Slave (some buds can still swap over to balance out the battery life) it has been replaced by TWS Mirroring where the phones chipset support does not matter.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #38,863 of 62,456
Forgot to post this, but SoundPeats now have a new working App out for Android, worked for my H1 Prems (faulty), did not work for Sonics (faulty), T2's (faulty) or Sonic Pro's.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thirtydays.headset&hl=en_GB&gl=US
Speaking of Soundpeats, for the H2 they went stem...
02_thumb.jpg

01_thumb.jpg

So that AT filing for a CKS50TW has appeared...
https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/product/ATH-CKS50TW
samune_thumb.jpg
image3_thumb.jpg

5.2, TW mirroring, aptX and adaptive, 9mm solid bass HD driver, 360 Reality Audio compatible, new hybrid tips...
image5_thumb.jpg
, 15 hours with noise cancelling on and 20 hours off 50 with the case, 10 minute charge for 90 minutes play, IPX4, low latency mode, fast pair, multipoint(2 devices), and an app to change controls/volume steps/EQ/locator/etc. ~$160 from yen and probably $179 here??

Guess AT are the first to hit the 20 hour mark? Leave the case at home lol!

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #38,864 of 62,456
Oct 28, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #38,865 of 62,456
And the T3 (also Stem) are a downgrade as not even Hybrid ANC.

Wonder if they have sorted their poor QC or a another rush job (far too many products now).

Those H2 only have 5 hours on bud at 60% and that is with a single 8mm driver so another downgrade.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back