Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 27, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #38,822 of 39,740

Ceeluh7

100+ Head-Fier
On the UTWS5 thread FiiO reports that it is not available outside of China until sometime in November. Also, aptX HD is not supported, but instead they have opted for the newer, higher performance, but not as widely adopted aptX Adaptive. That is causing a minor dust up in the thread.
Ya I have a few aptx adaptive iems and being that I use either my Fiio M11 or my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ I haven't been able to take advantage of the codec. Aptx is fine though, I can't imagine a crazy difference. I believe the implementation of the engine inside is what really can make a dif....possibly. The newer chip and upgraded dac should push these even better. I will Def still purchase the 5's. Thanks for your thoughts man

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #38,823 of 39,740

erockg

500+ Head-Fier
Agree, I much more gravitate to tws just for the form factor, I do have a bunch of iems and when in the mood the Utws3 serve a good purpose. BTW utws5 does look nice... Still haven't gone to market I don't think?
For what it's worth, I use the Shure MMCX TW2 adapters with the SE846 IEMs and they are phenomenal. Zero issues.

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #38,824 of 39,740

Ceeluh7

100+ Head-Fier
For what it's worth, I use the Shure MMCX TW2 adapters with the SE846 IEMs and they are phenomenal. Zero issues.
Ya man I've been checking those out as well. They are the only adapter type tws I haven't tried and I've heard only very good things, especially the 2nd Gen tw2. Everyone seems to be pleased with them... Throw on the SE846 and damn.... You prob have a fantastic set there.

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #38,825 of 39,740

tinyman392

Be nice to noobs, we were all noobs at one point in our life.
I have both UTWS3 and UTWS1. I find myself using my TWS more than my FiiOs. TWS are much smaller, easier to plug into my ears. But really depends on you, if you have a lot of IEMs and would just want to try them out, maybe look for them in the Used market, just so that you can try them out with your IEMs and be able to save a bit. FYI, UTWS5 is about to be released as well.

I still have a few IEMs that my UTWS's can drive but for the sake of comfort, I prefer using my TWSs.
Yeah, the TWS cases aren't portable at all which is a shame. I've kind of turned away from adapting TWS headphones and going towards a normal BT cable for the headphones.

Oct 27, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #38,827 of 39,740

ryuflatron

New Head-Fier
Past 10 business days on my EQ RMA. Suffice to say, I'm not pleased. Support was nice enough but no explanation as to why. So I've been without them for 2 weeks. Not a very reliable system.
Hi,

Any update on your B&O EQ RMA? I just got mine few days ago, love the design and ( a little bit of) sound. But with its price, I expect more than noise floor, unstable connection, stupid touch function ( which I can try to survive with ) and no battery low sound warning (My right bud died without noticing me, I put it in the charger and take it out after a minute, it showed 36%. The right bud drains battery quicker than left one ~ 2% different, do you have this issue as well?) . My top piority is SQ and ANC and that is why I did not pull a trigger on ordering Noble Fokus Pro ( I am sure that SQ on Fokus would be better but I need ANC). The ANC helps a lot but still thinking on returning it ( AMZ gave me until Jan 31 2022 to return). Do you consider B&O EQ or Noble Fokus pro a keeper ?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #38,828 of 39,740

scubaphish

100+ Head-Fier
Okay... Guys... What do any of you think of the Devialet Gemini. I realize there has been posts about them on here in the past but I'm hoping connection issues and battery drain have since been updated out of these. Sound quality wise, ANC, updates? I am about to hit the "Buy Now" button but figured I'd run it through some people who have owned this set.
I personally love them. I’m not familiar with connection issues but battery certainly drains inconsistently between buds. I haven’t had issues with draining in case, although I think others have mentioned it. When using them, start at 100/100, but by time left side is at 50 right is 40. Last I heard from Devialet they’re working on a fw release for this quarter.

Driver flex is an issue. I only use low transparency and low ANC to mitigate the popping sounds that come with movements. Doing that really controls it for me. That said, when walking around I do have to adjust them every once in a while.

Sound wise I think they’re fantastic. I don’t get fatigued either. ANC is stellar even on low, much to my pleasant surprise; both indoors and out.

No surprise, I feel case is too big.

Edit: what do I mean by fantastic sound? The high hats and snares are so detailed. Bass is strong and punchy but doesn’t hide other frequencies. I can hear the bass guitar, not just the boom it creates. Mids/vocals are strong for me. I listen to the likes of Amy Winehouse, Phish, Bob Marley, Lettuce, Soulive, Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker. Use Apple Music and SiriusXM

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #38,830 of 39,740

dj24

100+ Head-Fier
Really surprised Jabra dropped the ball... They're pretty meticulous with their releases and are well known for dropping a surprise or two further down the road as well. Maybe it's time to replace my 75t Active's when I go to the gym. Every time I'm there it always seems everyone else has them on. I don't know but is it just me or do any of you notice that the other ubiquitous TWS that I always see at the gym are Jabras other than ipods of course which annoys me to no end for no reason.

The problem is no other IPX7 has survived my sweat fest at the gym like they have and with the spinfit 360's- they have the best fit I have ever encountered so far. I think runners here know what I mean. That dream land between euphoria and exhaustion when sweat starts pouring down our ears and we start pushing them in and trying to adjust them endlessly while veering right off the belt before just barely holding on... :slight_smile: Forget runners thud which I've gotten used to by now. Just give me a TWS set with a similar excellent fit (even while sweating), anc & push buttons (because who wants to mess with touch screens running full speed) and decent call quality for the times when your family member calls to annoy you for something that can wait when he/ she clearly knows you're at the gym.. :rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #38,831 of 39,740

Ceeluh7

100+ Head-Fier
I personally love them. I’m not familiar with connection issues but battery certainly drains inconsistently between buds. I haven’t had issues with draining in case, although I think others have mentioned it. When using them, start at 100/100, but by time left side is at 50 right is 40. Last I heard from Devialet they’re working on a fw release for this quarter.

Driver flex is an issue. I only use low transparency and low ANC to mitigate the popping sounds that come with movements. Doing that really controls it for me. That said, when walking around I do have to adjust them every once in a while.

Sound wise I think they’re fantastic. I don’t get fatigued either. ANC is stellar even on low, much to my pleasant surprise; both indoors and out.

No surprise, I feel case is too big.

Edit: what do I mean by fantastic sound? The high hats and snares are so detailed. Bass is strong and punchy but doesn’t hide other frequencies. I can hear the bass guitar, not just the boom it creates. Mids/vocals are strong for me. I listen to the likes of Amy Winehouse, Phish, Bob Marley, Lettuce, Soulive, Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker. Use Apple Music and SiriusXM
I thank you very much... That is a great reply. There are only so many options in the higher tier tws out there. It seems odd things are taken away from some of the higher end models out there. Devialet seems to have good features and add in good sound quality it seems these tick more boxes than most. Yes the case is huge... Another question... Do you put these in your pocket and if so does it look and feel ridiculous? Why in thee hell did they make the case so odd.... Lol

Oct 27, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #38,832 of 39,740

erockg

500+ Head-Fier
I thank you very much... That is a great reply. There are only so many options in the higher tier tws out there. It seems odd things are taken away from some of the higher end models out there. Devialet seems to have good features and add in good sound quality it seems these tick more boxes than most. Yes the case is huge... Another question... Do you put these in your pocket and if so does it look and feel ridiculous? Why in thee hell did they make the case so odd.... Lol
The case is smaller than the Bose and the Shure TW2, but man, once you hear the sound with the Dynamic EQ setting, you'll be sold. They're pretty awesome for a pair of TWS. The bass hit so hard, I love it! I listen to some of what @scubaphish listens to and a lot of Maiden which absolutely shines on the Devialet. The Ear Active Matching tech works great. With a good seal, ANC is above average imo. I was having the drain issues but a reset and repair seems to have fixed it for now. Even though I have a TWS addiction, the Devialet Gemini are always at the top of my list and will never get sold until the next gen arrives (if ever).

Oct 27, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #38,833 of 39,740

Ceeluh7

100+ Head-Fier
The case is smaller than the Bose and the Shure TW2, but man, once you hear the sound with the Dynamic EQ setting, you'll be sold. They're pretty awesome for a pair of TWS. The bass hit so hard, I love it! I listen to some of what @scubaphish listens to and a lot of Maiden which absolutely shines on the Devialet. The Ear Active Matching tech works great. With a good seal, ANC is above average imo. I was having the drain issues but a reset and repair seems to have fixed it for now. Even though I have a TWS addiction, the Devialet Gemini are always at the top of my list and will never get sold until the next gen arrives
You just made this alot more difficult for me.... Or easier.... Lol... It seems as though I can't really go wrong. What's the worst, I take em back like the 50 other tws/iems/dongle I've taken back in the last year. Dude I just want that good sound out of a tws. I just sent the grados back because I had crazy stupid connection issues and touch panels that had a mind of their own. They sound fantastic, but lack of features... You already know, it's been covered here. Anyways, I thank you for giving your opinion on these.

Oct 27, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #38,834 of 39,740

scubaphish

100+ Head-Fier
I don’t know technical battery size but think it has to do with that. Also, supposedly battery is Devialet replace-able.

Yeah, I’ve put in pocket but honestly I tend to carry a small messenger bag.

To your other post, yeah, just get them, give a listen and see how you feel. I really tried a lot of the heavy hitters from a few months back and did a bake off..these were my favorite. No regrets. Falls asleep many nights in my chair listening to live music with these things.

Oct 27, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #38,835 of 39,740

erockg

500+ Head-Fier
You just made this alot more difficult for me.... Or easier.... Lol... It seems as though I can't really go wrong. What's the worst, I take em back like the 50 other tws/iems/dongle I've taken back in the last year. Dude I just want that good sound out of a tws. I just sent the grados back because I had crazy stupid connection issues and touch panels that had a mind of their own. They sound fantastic, but lack of features... You already know, it's been covered here. Anyways, I thank you for giving your opinion on these.
Yep, I had the Grados. Sound was great, but I the fit was weird and there were zero feature. The only negative for me about the Devialet is the lack of a volume control. But the sound really makes up for it imo. Buy them from Amazon. Great return policy. The first time I put the Devialet in and hit "Dynamic" in the EQ, I was like What, how did they do that. But I'm just yet one other mans opinion! :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread