Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 28, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #38,881 of 62,439
Just a quick question for you @erockg !~I believe you have an H95 from B&O!
I am seriously considering replacing my B&O Portal with H95, one thing I want to know is, does H95 supports passive audio with USB-C - USB-A connection? I see a lot of mixed and vague answers on this topic!
I did and I loved them. I wound up returning due to my own issues with over ear headphones. Sometimes they just do not feel comfortable. That said, I never tried a wired connection. If you get them, get a deal. They're not worth full price. Call B&O. They're very responsive on the phone. Maybe they can help.

Oct 28, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #38,882 of 62,439
Oct 28, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #38,888 of 62,439
I just returned mine. Sounded quite good, not excellent though. Features were great except the static noise when turning on and off ANC, Transparency mode was good, not great. Zoom, Teams and Phone calls were fantastic, but no multi-point yet and I hated short tips. No matter what size I tried I felt like my ears were being stuffed. Being able to use them independently in mono mode was a huge plus for me. background noise cancellation was also excellent as is the app. The battery life also seemed a little short to me, I think I got 4-6 hours max out of them, but don't take my word on that. I may pick them up again when the price drops about $70-80. For now i'll stick with my 75 and 85t's. Personally the 85ts while they are much bulkier are more comfortable for me. I wear them all day for work.
Been a while since I've seen you in this thread.. What's currently in your rotation and which one are you enjoying the most?

Oct 28, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #38,890 of 62,439
November 5th a big day in Japanese TWS for releases. The Victor and AT are dropping as is this...

https://aviot.jp/product/te-bd21j#te-bd21j-ltd
Upgraded the Knowles drivers and dynamic, Snapdragon Sound capable, aptX voice, ambient, multipoint, in ear detection, app. Not an ANC model though. ~$150 US before shipping.
img09.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #38,891 of 62,439
Based on the review that I have posted here it seems like the sound is still balanced but somewhat lean and missing some oomph and ANC is weak but take it with a grain of salt.
Ya Tommy I will wait for some reputable audiophile type sites review them. Not tech sites either... I read that and thought there is multiple reasons why it may sound that way...tips, insertion, etc etc. I am looking forward to checking these out and I cannot imagine Technics would downgrade the SQ or ANC.

Oct 28, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #38,892 of 62,439
November 5th a big day in Japanese TWS for releases. The Victor and AT are dropping as is this...

https://aviot.jp/product/te-bd21j#te-bd21j-ltd
Upgraded the Knowles drivers and dynamic, Snapdragon Sound capable, aptX voice, ambient, multipoint, in ear detection, app. Not an ANC model though. ~$150 US before shipping.
img09.jpg
I saw this set on Amazon. I was trying to find reviews. I settled for Japanese YouTube reviews lol. I had to keep translating to see what anyone thought of them.. Ha. Ya I didn't learn much except that maybe these sound slightly better than a previous set by the company

Oct 28, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #38,893 of 62,439

Warm and not so clear on the sound??? Didn't they promise audiophile sound? They have no other features except playing sound and taking calls.

I saw this set on Amazon. I was trying to find reviews. I settled for Japanese YouTube reviews lol. I had to keep translating to see what anyone thought of them.. Ha. Ya I didn't learn much except that maybe these sound slightly better than a previous set by the company
Third version of the triple hybrid for Aviot. Those on Amazon would be the last version which was a bit better than the first version.

Not sure if a search will show it but someone in this thread bought the first version and really liked the sound.
edit: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...e-we-there-yet.861024/page-1668#post-15813506

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #38,894 of 62,439
Oct 28, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #38,895 of 62,439
Whoa, 7hrs battery life.. I wonder if that's with LDAC on or off. The review isn't clear.
Listed 7 hours is AAC with ANC on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back