Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 22, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #38,716 of 62,554
FoKus Pro just arrived. I think these are winners. I've owned the Falcon and Falcon PRO and HATED the fit. They came with super long nozzles and I'm not a fan of deep IEMs. I sold them off based on fit. I was never a huge fan of the sound either. They were very clinical, no warmth and not very musical. I realize others love them for their neutrality. My ears aren't good enough to give an audiophile review of SQ but the best I can say about them was they were boring.

The FoKus seems to address my two shortcomings: 1. Fit and 2. musicality. As for fit these are leaps and bounds better. They have a semi custom look and the blue plates are gorgeous. But the nozzle is shorter and they fit in with a medium insertion and seem to fit well out of the box with the included M tips. Sound is excellent. Connected via AptxHD to my Pixel and Aptx to my Fold. These are indeed musical on the default EQ setting. Like night and day versus the Falcon. I love them - tonality is spot on. Plenty of detail and a bit of warmth but not too much. I'd venture to call them on the fun side of neutral.

The app is solid. The EQ has 10 bands and allows you to adjust the gain individually by range which is a nice touch. I ran the custom EQ test a couple of time and all it did was bump the gain by 2db accross the range. Not really helpful but I'm enjoying them on the flat setting. Gonna do some burn in and report back after more listening.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #38,717 of 62,554
Neither have I read anything like that... Thanks man
Actually the N10 plus may be turned down a bit actually. Not that I know for sure but 7 hours max battery(no ANC and SBC/AAC) they can be limited vs. the N6 Pro 2 which is 10 hours max cause louder volumes will lower the battery life. 5 hours with ANC on they may have limited the top volume to conserve. Just a theory though.

FoKus Pro just arrived. I think these are winners. I've owned the Falcon and Falcon PRO and HATED the fit. They came with super long nozzles and I'm not a fan of deep IEMs. I sold them off based on fit. I was never a huge fan of the sound either. They were very clinical, no warmth and not very musical. I realize others love them for their neutrality. My ears aren't good enough to give an audiophile review of SQ but the best I can say about them was they were boring.

The FoKus seems to address my two shortcomings: 1. Fit and 2. musicality. As for fit these are leaps and bounds better. They have a semi custom look and the blue plates are gorgeous. But the nozzle is shorter and they fit in with a medium insertion and seem to fit well out of the box with the included M tips. Sound is excellent. Connected via AptxHD to my Pixel and Aptx to my Fold. These are indeed musical on the default EQ setting. Like night and day versus the Falcon. I love them - very musical. Plenty of detail and a bit of warmth but not too much. I'd venture to call them on the fun side of neutral.

The app is solid. The EQ has 10 bands and allows you to adjust the gain individually by range which is a nice touch. I ran the custom EQ test a couple of time and all it did was bump the gain by 2db accross the range. Not really helpful but I'm enjoying them on the flat setting. Gonna do some burn in and report back after more listening.
They look like they have worked on the shape a bit...
noble-fokus-pro-white-main3-1000x1000_1200x.jpg

Oct 22, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #38,718 of 62,554
Actually the N10 plus may be turned down a bit actually. Not that I know for sure but 7 hours max battery(no ANC and SBC/AAC) they can be limited vs. the N6 Pro 2 which is 10 hours max cause louder volumes will lower the battery life. 5 hours with ANC on they may have limited the top volume to conserve. Just a theory though.

Yeah these are much improved.

Oct 22, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #38,719 of 62,554
Has anyone found any retailer selling the new Technics EAH AZ60. Amazon had them for an instance as pre order and have since disappeared . You go to the Technics USA pace and they just tell you sorry

Found the same thing happening with the Marshall MOTIF ANC TWC, their page stated for sale X date, the date came and nothing and since then has been no update

Rather puzzling
Guessing it was just a placeholder on Amazon. They do this sometimes and it's annoying -- make it seem like they're going to be in stock then ghost us. I'm guessing stock is still making it to the vendors. Best Buy does this too. Sigh...
For what it's worth I ordered the Technic AZ60 from Amazon US and the ETA just changed from Oct 28th to Dec 19th :)

Also, Liberty Pro 3 metallic treble has become more bearable with ePro tips. Moved the EQ slider#3 and #4 to +3dB and vocal sound acceptable. Sennheiser MTW2 still sounds richer but LP3 are good backup buds, especially for phone calls due to their exceptional Mic quality.

Oct 22, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #38,720 of 62,554
Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #38,721 of 62,554

I think you may be correct about your theory, certainly is not the first time a company lowered volumes and output to conserve battery, so that they can advertise with more battery. I hate that. I don't listen too loud but I very much appreciate knowing that I can push a driver where I want to push it to. I have read some good things about n6 pro 2.

Oct 22, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #38,722 of 62,554
Oct 22, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #38,723 of 62,554
@erockg, after your post, I pulled my Bose QC's out last week. I had almost forgotten about them. Man, they have supernatural ANC. It's shocking. These are terrific buds. The fact that they don't go in your ears makes them superbly comfy. Sound is fun and punchy in a Bose sort of way. Just perfect for the gym. At a new reduced price, they are a solid buy.

Oct 22, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #38,724 of 62,554
Since I have had the most JVC TWS I will speculate on it. They will probably follow the earlier ANC scheme

K2 will probably be 3 taps on the right like the controls on my JVC runners wireless which has the same scheme as well except minus the ANC cycle and the bass boost is three touches on the right bud.

The first Victor TWS operated with the same scheme as well. Again no ANC just ambient and off with one touch on the right.

If someone can translate, I'm pretty sure at least one of the videos out already talks about the controls. :)

Ummm, nope. While the Play/Pause is indeed on the left and ambient on the right with one touch each. K2 will be 4 taps on the right and ANC 4 taps on the left. Unless that is wrong in the article. 3 taps seems more likely to me. if FF and RW is tap and hold, 3 taps would be open with 2 taps for the volume on R and L?

Edit: Okay, from the manual, 1 press left is Play/Pause L and is ambient on R.
L is 2 taps for Vol- and 3 taps for Vol+ and 4 for ANC while R is also 2 taps for vol- 3 for vol+ and 4 taps for K2

I do get it since they can be used independently now they repeat the controls for single side use and you get track control and volume for both sides. I am not a big single side user so I would rather have the volume up on R and down on left and 3 taps for ANC and K2.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #38,725 of 62,554
Ummm, nope. While the Play/Pause is indeed on the left and ambient on the right with one touch each. K2 will be 4 taps on the right and ANC 4 taps on the left. Unless that is wrong in the article. 3 taps seems more likely to me. if FF and RW is tap and hold, 3 taps would be open with 2 taps for the volume on R and L.

As a consumer, I'll have a heck of a time memorizing all those commands, especially if I'm rotating with other TWS with touch control.
Skipping the app on a flagship TWS is such a bad choice and lack of understanding where this market is heading.

Oct 22, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #38,726 of 62,554
More on the Fokus. I'm gonna have to get my EQs back to compare but these may be the best sounding tws I've heard. The subbass extension is unreal for an iem. Never heard anything like it. You can feel your head shaking. Feel like there's a giant Amp in there. These get seriously loud for those who like that.

They are tuned wonderfully. So natural sounding. Percussion slams. Probably some shiny new toy syndrome but I am in love. If there is a gripe it's that the low end might be a bit flabby but not in a boomy way. Just a little loose - might tighten up with time. The BA drivers make sure it doesn't bleed however. These are seriously fun iems.

Oct 22, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #38,727 of 62,554
More on the Fokus. I'm gonna have to get my EQs back to compare but these may be the best sounding tws I've heard. The subbass extension is unreal for an iem. Never heard anything like it. You can feel your head shaking. Feel like there's a giant Amp in there. These get seriously loud for those who like that.

They are tuned wonderfully. So natural sounding. Percussion slams. Probably some shiny new toy syndrome but I am in love. If there is a gripe it's that the low end might be a bit flabby but not in a boomy way. Just a little loose - might tighten up with time. The BA drivers make sure it doesn't bleed however. These are seriously fun iems.
Sadly, they're out of stock right now!

Oct 22, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #38,728 of 62,554
Sadly, they're out of stock right now!
Yeah, the EQ may be the better overall package given the tech on board. But I need to hear them back to back to be sure. Noble did a nice job with these and extra points for a small audio company making tws a priority. They will get my business for that reason. These arent half baked garbage like we've seen from other "audiophile" companies. And the custom shells are fabulous.

Oct 22, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #38,729 of 62,554
Oct 22, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #38,730 of 62,554
Yeah, the EQ may be the better overall package given the tech on board. But I need to hear them back to back to be sure. Noble did a nice job with these and extra points for a small audio company making tws a priority. They will get my business for that reason. These arent half baked garbage like we've seen from other "audiophile" companies.
Sadly, after the honeymoon was over I actually let EQs go. My third pair started to have that popping sound again on some songs. Got so frustrated I flipped them. Snagged the Bose again. Much better with the EQ they added. Baffles my mind as to why they didn't have all the new features up front, but I guess better late than never. Also, trying out the new Jabra Elite 7 Pros. They're tiny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back