Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 17, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #37,591 of 62,204
Amazon sent me the new CX TWS plus 1-2 weeks before the official release :D

Will try them once the first update is installed :)

First initial impressions:

The CX plus are a pair of excellent TWS, they just work flawlessly, compared to the CA MT:

Pros:

Single earbud use (even on my pixel 4a, which doesn't have TWS+)
Flawless connection
Flawless touch controls
Fully customizable touch controls
Easier to handle since the shape is a bit more "boxy", but they are still as comfortable
APTX adaptive
ANC (doesn't seem to effect the sound)
Connection manager in the app
Option to pause music when enabling ambient mode
The case, I much prefer the shape of the CX Plus case compared to the oval CA MT case

Cons:

CA MT sounds fuller, as we all know the CA MT are quite hard to beat in sound quality
Metal grilles

It will be really difficult to decide which one to keep...

My wish: CA+Sennheiser collaboration, Cambridge Audio takes care of the drivers/amplification, Sennheisers takes care of the rest :)

I've yet to test the call quality :)

I personally find the CA MT to have full body especially in the mids but at times it’s too much for certain tracks and even after I eq’ed them quite a bit and brought the lows down there are certain tracks that it shouldn’t be there. I have been AB’ing them against the new Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro+ and the L2P+ have more natural and balanced sound (flat eq). The Soundcore also offer better airiness in the tracks so rock music and acoustics are less congested while the CA MT sound more exciting and dynamic but it’s kind of a one trick pony as even after playing around with the eq it’s always the same limitation while the L2P+ are more versatile to different genres, and this might due to the fact that they that have the Knowles drivers to handle the highs.
It will be interesting to see the CX Plus Vs. The L2P+.

EDIT: just to add, I'm not suggesting that one is better than the other.
They are both very good with pros and cons but just two completely different flavors.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #37,593 of 62,204
Sep 17, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #37,594 of 62,204
I use the “answer call”, start/stop music, volume up/down functions on my headsets quite often daily.

is there a set of earbuds/iems that retains these BT functions, but actually compares with fidelity of listening only indented BT adapted IEM’s or is it Pony vs Racehorse in sound quality between the two.
Most support the ability to answer and hang up calls as well as music controls like play/pause, skip, and previous. Volume controls are a mixed bag as some do and some don't support this.

My favorite TWS (that isn't adapted) so far is the HiFiMan TWS800. Though it got ostracized in this thread for being super expensive with not special features. Do not get the TWS600 though.
Vaccines just minimize the side effects of the virus, you will get the virus whether you're fully vaccinated or not. They should prevent mass hospitalization and that's what they do for now. So, don't be fool and take the damn vaccine. lol.

On a side note, for fans, I'm getting Nuraphone next week. Got one for 150€ on ebay :wink:

Let's see how they improve over Nura True, I'll let you guys know.
The vaccines do help against getting infection, 60-90% efficacy (depending on vaccine) against new current variants that exist isn't nothing and relate to a 3-10x higher chance of testing positive if unvaccinated. Efficacy for illness, serious illness, and death gets better and better as well. Though these are the ones offered in the US. Also note that vaccine efficacy will vary during the pandemic on its own

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #37,596 of 62,204
They say “newly redesigned”…are they different than your originals?
I just ordered last night. I'll post pics when I get them. The originals are thin in comparison to Spinfits, ePros etc. Hope the redesigned ones are better. Free is free! Maybe?

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #37,598 of 62,204
Hi everyone, been lurking around for a while.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing how the new Jabra Elite 7 and Sennheiser CX Plus perform, so I'm particularly interested in @C_Lindbergh's impressions on the CX Plus.

I feel there's a gap in the offering with no TWS below $/£200 (so nothing until high end) that offers good all-round performance with both ANC and AptX. I don't think there's any recent model besides the Cleer Ally Plus 2 that has AptX, a 5+ bands EQ and ANC, but the SQ reviews weren't that positive. Investing in high end doesn't seem worth it as it doesn't feel that mature a market yet, with many hugs still reported in this thread.

It's apparent that Qualcomm is trying to push for ANC as most of their latest SoCs have the feature integrated, and this should in theory make ANC a widespread feature very soon, but this hasn't happened yet. The Jabras and Sennheisers may be the first of many.

This aside, I've been quite satisfied upgrading from a pair of Soundpeats to the Galaxy Buds Pro, which I find really excellent on almost all fronts. I'm surprised they get so few mentions here, when they can be found for about the same price as the Melomania Touch.

In comparison, I found them much better implemented on the software side (instant connection Vs random connection issues, out of sync voice confirmations on the MT), better features (ANC, easy switch from PC to phone through connection the Galaxy app, wireless charging), better sound as well. The MT sounded way too bassy and most presets were useless or even awful for me (the immersive one). I liked them with some strong EQ correction, but the other issues made the Galaxy Buds Pro a much better choice to me. The only advantage was the AptX support, as it gives better video sync on my phone and is one of my key uses.

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #37,599 of 62,204

I'm quite looking forward to seeing how the new Jabra Elite 7 and Sennheiser CX Plus perform, so I'm particularly interested in @C_Lindbergh's impressions on the CX Plus.

I feel there's a gap in the offering with no TWS below $/£200 (so nothing until high end) that offers good all-round performance with both ANC and AptX. I don't think there's any recent model besides the Cleer Ally Plus 2 that has AptX, a 5+ bands EQ and ANC, but the SQ reviews weren't that positive. Investing in high end doesn't seem worth it as it doesn't feel that mature a market yet, with many hugs still reported in this thread.

It's apparent that Qualcomm is trying to push for ANC as most of their latest SoCs have the feature integrated, and this should in theory make ANC a widespread feature very soon, but this hasn't happened yet. The Jabras and Sennheisers may be the first of many.

This aside, I've been quite satisfied upgrading from a pair of Soundpeats to the Galaxy Buds Pro, which I find really excellent on almost all fronts. I'm surprised they get so few mentions here, when they can be found for about the same price as the Melomania Touch.

In comparison, I found them much better implemented on the software side (instant connection Vs random connection issues, out of sync voice confirmations on the MT), better features (ANC, easy switch from PC to phone through connection the Galaxy app, wireless charging), better sound as well. The MT sounded way too bassy and most presets were useless or even awful for me (the immersive one). I liked them with some strong EQ correction, but the other issues made the Galaxy Buds Pro a much better choice to me. The only advantage was the AptX support, as it gives better video sync on my phone and is one of my key uses.
If you use Samsung phone, the galaxy buds pro is very good even with the lack of AptX. No sync issue at all. People said the ANC is weak but I tried them at a busy starbucks and they are plenty quiet for me. With music playing, I can very hardly hear outside noise. I just don't know why people need that much ANC really. Good call quality even inside noisy kitchen with all those ceiling exhaust fans blasting. I wish Samsung make a matte colored face plate instead of this super glossy looks tho.

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #37,600 of 62,204

Not really!! Try NuraTrue

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #37,601 of 62,204
I’m kinda mad at Sennheiser, it’s been almost a month since I sent my MTW2’s for a repair, and I don’t get why it should take this long for such a simple thing. One earbud stopped working, ok? It’s within warranty, the pair I bought were faulty from the start so this would be the second earbud they switch out. So either give me a new set or get me a new earbud. :frowning2:

Ever since I bought the earbuds 2 months ago it’s been away at repair shops probably twice as long as I’ve had them and been able to use them for myself. :frowning2:

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #37,602 of 62,204

If you're considering the Cleer Ally Plus 2 take a look at the Monolith M-TWE which comes with the Sonarworks app to personalize the sound and is much cheaper.
To the best of my knowledge it's the same set of TWS (OEM most likely) and has the same chipset.

EDIT: Actually the Cleer Ally Plus is the equivalent to the Monolith M-TWE. My bad.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #37,605 of 62,204
I’m kinda mad at Sennheiser, it’s been almost a month since I sent my MTW2’s for a repair, and I don’t get why it should take this long for such a simple thing. One earbud stopped working, ok? It’s within warranty, the pair I bought were faulty from the start so this would be the second earbud they switch out. So either give me a new set or get me a new earbud. :frowning2:

Ever since I bought the earbuds 2 months ago it’s been away at repair shops probably twice as long as I’ve had them and been able to use them for myself. :frowning2:
Where did you buy them? If you bought it from Amazon and within 30 just make a return then receive a new pair

Users who are viewing this thread

Back