Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 18, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #37,621 of 62,112
Received my replacement unit. Findings, first time case was charged when first opened. Auto pause still not really working, but whatever, that’s not why I chose the Gemini. Serial numbers start at P25 for buds which is possibly higher than my past buds which were P24; P03 for this case. Don’t think I have different ear tips than last set.
Oh yeah, still sound amazing!
Not sure it means anything, just observations.
I had that auto-pause issue a while ago. Did the reset process and it (so far) has fixed the issue. Since my tips ripped and I haven't gotten the new ones yet, I put on Large ePro tips and they're working really well.

Sep 18, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #37,622 of 62,112
I had that auto-pause issue a while ago. Did the reset process and it (so far) has fixed the issue. Since my tips ripped and I haven't gotten the new ones yet, I put on Large ePro tips and they're working really well.
I’ll do a reset and maybe one side will work; haven’t been able to get both sides to work consistently. Meh…small potatoes…I’m not stuck on an island in the Aegean with no music because my earphones are practically bricked!

man, I still love these little loudspeaker stereos in my head.

Edit: would you believe the auto pause is working now?!?! I think they were embarrassed after I posted about them 🎧

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #37,623 of 62,112
Overall I'm pretty pleased by the Sennheiser CX Plus, they just work all the time unlike my CA MT's... No matter if we're talking about connection or the touch controls. The touch controls are fully customizable and the touch area is much larger compared to the MT's. For example, with the MT's i first have to tap them once to pause the music, and then three times again to enable the ambient mode, whereas it's a single tap on the CX plus.

However the Senn MTW2 is prob a better buy for most people since they've dropped in price quite a bit, I just personally prefer the case of the new CX plus (they also got APTX adaptive and you can use both earbuds individually).

But it wouldn't surprise if Sennheiser realeases a successor to the MTW2 next year...This hobby is very costly :)

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #37,624 of 62,112
Overall I'm pretty pleased by the Sennheiser CX Plus, they just work all the time unlike my CA MT's... No matter if we're talking about connection or the touch controls. The touch controls are fully customizable and the touch area is much larger compared to the MT's. For example, with the MT's i first have to tap them once to pause the music, and then three times again to enable the ambient mode, whereas it's a single tap on the CX plus.

However the Senn MTW2 is prob a better buy for most people since they've dropped in price quite a bit, I just personally prefer the case of the new CX plus (they also got APTX adaptive and you can use both earbuds individually).

But it wouldn't surprise if Sennheiser realeases a successor to the MTW2 next year...This hobby is very costly :)
Were you able to compare directly to the MTW2? Do they sound very similar? Curious how they compare soundwise as well as fit & comfort (obviously everyone is different). My original MTWs were pretty comfortable tor me despite their large size. Skipped the MTW2 waiting for an MTW3 but wondering how these new CX Plus compare.

Sep 18, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #37,625 of 62,112
Were you able to compare directly to the MTW2? Do they sound very similar? Curious how they compare soundwise as well as fit & comfort (obviously everyone is different). My original MTWs were pretty comfortable tor me despite their large size. Skipped the MTW2 waiting for an MTW3 but wondering how these new CX Plus compare.

I can't A/B test them, but from my memory the MTW2 definitely sounded a tiny bit better (mostly the soundstage) at least with the "High End Tuning" (maybe it will come to the CX plus as well?). But for me personally I prefer the CX plus because of the case/Single earbud use/APTX adaptive (when I get a phone with that codec :p)

The comfort is similar I think, I'm not uncomfortable with either of them.

I've yet to test the CX plus with any APTX adaptive compatible device, maybe they'll improve a tiny bit more compared to the ordinary APTX?

I do look forward to the MTW3, if they can borrow some more tech from the IE300/900 they'll prob be a total blast.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #37,626 of 62,112
Jabra 85t (beige color only) is 50% off on Amazon Canada which brings the price down to $115 USD.
A very tempting deal as my old Jabra is still going strong and although they are not known for their sq I find the sound very nice and the open design might be good for my needs nowadays. :)

Sep 18, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #37,627 of 62,112
I can't A/B test them, but from my memory the MTW2 definitely sounded a tiny bit better (mostly the soundstage) at least with the "High End Tuning" (maybe it will come to the CX plus as well?). But for me personally I prefer the CX plus because of the case/Single earbud use/APTX adaptive (when I get a phone with that codec :p)

The comfort is similar I think, I'm not uncomfortable with either of them.

I've yet to test the CX plus with any APTX adaptive compatible device, maybe they'll improve a tiny bit more compared to the ordinary APTX?

I do look forward to the MTW3, if they can borrow some more tech from the IE300/900 they'll prob be a total blast.
Thanks. Hoping you're right. Missed the part about single earbud use. Certainly an improvement.

I've found aptX adaptive to be a bit underwhelming and inconsistent in terms of implementation so far but hopefully they can work out the kinks (more on the source/phone side I think).

Sep 18, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #37,628 of 62,112
There was an update to the iOS M&D Connect app this morning that seems to have fixed whatever was ailing the microphone on my MW08s. Interestingly, the fix is in the app, but it's not a firmware update.
Yes, that seems to be the case indeed! I've just tried them again and called three different people. Two said it sounded "excellent" and one said "good". So, seems to be fixed, I guess. Strange that it could be fixed without a firmware update...

Sep 18, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #37,629 of 62,112
I’ll do a reset and maybe one side will work; haven’t been able to get both sides to work consistently. Meh…small potatoes…I’m not stuck on an island in the Aegean with no music because my earphones are practically bricked!
man, I still love these little loudspeaker stereos in my head.
These days I would truly love to be stuck on an island.

Sep 18, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #37,631 of 62,112
Sep 18, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #37,632 of 62,112
There was an update to the iOS M&D Connect app this morning that seems to have fixed whatever was ailing the microphone on my MW08s. Interestingly, the fix is in the app, but it's not a firmware update.
After further testing, the update to the iOS app seems to have fixed the low microphone volume and clarity on my iPhone, but my voice is still muffled when I use the earphones on the Voice Memo app on my MacBook. Strange.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #37,633 of 62,112
These days I would truly love to be stuck on an island.
I am stuck on a island, unfortunately only with the right earbud of the pair..... :scream:

Sep 18, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #37,635 of 62,112
Very strange behavior on EQ….. i didn’t use it too much over the last few days. Case is at 86%, right earpiece at 100% and left I don’t know before when I take it out…. but now two beeps and it’s off…. now in case it says 0% - I’m not sure if this because it’s dead or actual 0%. But why? Why so sudden - very strange. Now I’ll try to leave it in the case for a while….

Update:
Left earpiece looks like dead….. won’t switch on automatically after charging 2 hours. If I press the touch area a few second it turned on first white then blue - then I can listen for about 10 seconds or so - still —% in the app then it suddenly turns off. Charging unsuccessful and so I couldn’t reset to factory setting neither. Almost 10 days holiday to go without headphones - well only one side

I guess as soon I’m home this goes RMA and then buy the Devialet which I should have take in the first place anyway
Had this happen with a CA MT and a Devialet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back