Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 17, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #37,606 of 62,209
1631909198133.png

Still keepin' and eye on JVC. Want them to get there but it has been a little slow. All the stuff is designed in Japan. Outside of the runners earphone being a really nice design they have been okay till the little A5T finally brought USB C and a great size and shape. The one on the left is the A11T which is an upgrade from the A10T adding more battery newer BT and aptX and ambient. They did not update the physical design and it shows. Wish they would and thinking they will get to it in the next round. Certainly sturdy but the squarish case can be more shapely and USB-C like the newer A5T is. The buttons should be on top. in front is ugly and more annoying to press. Other than the face they look and fit quite nice just need the button on top edge above the mic. But for $39.99 they do bring aptX, TWS+/role swapping, really good sound(balanced sig), the foam tips if you like those, good battery life(8 hours per) and BT5.1 Class 1 and IPX5. You can control everything on board. Ambient is amplified nicely so you hears things well and cleanly except for a slight bit of hiss. Solid implementation for the price. The connection, battery, sound, ambient are all well done and a nice deal. If they up the case and control design they will have such a solid under $50 model.

They are a little better as far the the environmentally friendly packaging being mostly paper. The case wrap, tip bag and even the battery contact pieces are all paper. The packaging, nice tips, and the software side and performance are all sweet even in this fast moving market. The clunky case with micro USB and the clunky buttons are the relics letting it down but at least I know they should be ditching that and making them more modern with the next round esp. based on the latest model that came after it. I'll keep checking them out till they get the whole package right :) They still get good reviews for the most part.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/reviews/jvc-marshmallow-true-wireless-in-ear-headphones-blue/684496

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #37,607 of 62,209
Thanks @Tommy C and @HaliHarry for the suggestions.

I've noticed the Monolith but it's previous gen and also not available over here. There are a few models using this OEM template, in fact even Qualcomm's reference implementation for the QCC5141 (which the Ally Plus 2 use) is based on it.
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/qcc5141-earbud-reference-design

Regarding the Nuratrue, maybe I'm just prejudiced. They're interesting for sure, but I don't like not knowing what their sound signature is, but I could be wrong. I also don't like that you can only toggle between ANC and transparency. Most of the time, I need neither and this can save a lot of battery time.

@voicemaster the Buds Pro are my first experience with ANC and I'm also quite satisfied with their performance, including on the bus.

Sep 17, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #37,608 of 62,209
Thanks @Tommy C and @HaliHarry for the suggestions.

I've noticed the Monolith but it's previous gen and also not available over here. There are a few models using this OEM template, in fact even Qualcomm's reference implementation for the QCC5141 (which the Ally Plus 2 use) is based on it.
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/qcc5141-earbud-reference-design

Regarding the Nuratrue, maybe I'm just prejudiced. They're interesting for sure, but I don't like not knowing what their sound signature is, but I could be wrong. I also don't like that you can only toggle between ANC and transparency. Most of the time, I need neither and this can save a lot of battery time.

@voicemaster the Buds Pro are my first experience with ANC and I'm also quite satisfied with their performance, including on the bus.
Yeah, the Monolith are previous gen.
If you want something more up to date that has personal customized sound (HearID) you may want to take a look at the new Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro + which is V2 to the original model and while the design didn't change I find them very comfortable and reliable and they now have Ambient mode and support LDAC.
They are priced right and very good but obviously at this price point you have multiple options.

Re: sound signature, they are very balanced when the eq is flat. The default eq setting is plain terrible but luckily the eq options are endless.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #37,610 of 62,209
Very strange behavior on EQ….. i didn’t use it too much over the last few days. Case is at 86%, right earpiece at 100% and left I don’t know before when I take it out…. but now two beeps and it’s off…. now in case it says 0% - I’m not sure if this because it’s dead or actual 0%. But why? Why so sudden - very strange. Now I’ll try to leave it in the case for a while….

Update:
Left earpiece looks like dead….. won’t switch on automatically after charging 2 hours. If I press the touch area a few second it turned on first white then blue - then I can listen for about 10 seconds or so - still —% in the app then it suddenly turns off. Charging unsuccessful and so I couldn’t reset to factory setting neither. Almost 10 days holiday to go without headphones - well only one side

I guess as soon I’m home this goes RMA and then buy the Devialet which I should have take in the first place anyway

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #37,611 of 62,209
Now I was able to make a reset but it’s no use. It looks like the battery in the left earbud is dead….. shows always „- -%“ no matter what will run for a few seconds then turn off 😫

Sep 18, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #37,612 of 62,209
Now I was able to make a reset but it’s no use. It looks like the battery in the left earbud is dead….. shows always „- -%“ no matter what will run for a few seconds then turn off 😫
Can I make a post just to feel your pain? Sorry dude, that would truly piss me off to no end.

Sep 18, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #37,614 of 62,209
Speaking of ear detection issues, I RMA’d my Gemini for that problem on Monday and new set is on UPS truck for delivery today. That’s a solid RMA process. Man I really miss them, too.
Received my replacement unit. Findings, first time case was charged when first opened. Auto pause still not really working, but whatever, that’s not why I chose the Gemini. Serial numbers start at P25 for buds which is possibly higher than my past buds which were P24; P03 for this case. Don’t think I have different ear tips than last set.
Oh yeah, still sound amazing!
Not sure it means anything, just observations.

Sep 18, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #37,615 of 62,209
Very strange behavior on EQ….. i didn’t use it too much over the last few days. Case is at 86%, right earpiece at 100% and left I don’t know before when I take it out…. but now two beeps and it’s off…. now in case it says 0% - I’m not sure if this because it’s dead or actual 0%. But why? Why so sudden - very strange. Now I’ll try to leave it in the case for a while….

Update:
Left earpiece looks like dead….. won’t switch on automatically after charging 2 hours. If I press the touch area a few second it turned on first white then blue - then I can listen for about 10 seconds or so - still —% in the app then it suddenly turns off. Charging unsuccessful and so I couldn’t reset to factory setting neither. Almost 10 days holiday to go without headphones - well only one side

I guess as soon I’m home this goes RMA and then buy the Devialet which I should have take in the first place anyway
Well, that sucks. @erockg was having some weird battery too issues this week and just exchanged his set.

Sep 18, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #37,617 of 62,209
I am very curious; are the tips the only thing Devialet changed for the Gemini’s? I have a pair on the way from Devialet directly, should be here in monday.

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #37,618 of 62,209

Update:

When I got my pair at the B&O store here in Los Angeles, I opened them and my right earbud was at 0, Left at 100. So I thought something was wrong and called support. Then the right bud started to charge. I was okay with this for a few days, but then the right clearly had a battery drain issue. Every night I would charge them up to 100 and then in the morning the right but was at 80. Took them in yesterday and exchanged them. Opened the new pair in the store with the store manager and right there both new buds were at 100. So far, I'm not having the battery train issue with any bud. Fingers crossed! I truly love them, and so far, B&O has been very kind and responsive with support.

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #37,619 of 62,209
I had to backtrack a bit to find out what this is about, but I think if you got your Gemini after the reboot you already have the "new" eartips.
If the tips that were on mine that ripped are the new one, then they are very thin and not that great compared to my after market collection. I did get mine after the reboot. Bummer. Oh well, free is free. It'll just be another set to throw in the lot :)

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #37,620 of 62,209
I am very curious; are the tips the only thing Devialet changed for the Gemini’s? I have a pair on the way from Devialet directly, should be here in monday.
No, they fixed all the firmware issues. I have the version they re-released and they are exceptional buds. Definitely a favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back