Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 18, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #37,636 of 62,436
Spent some time with the EQ, MW08 and PI7 today. The MW08 is going back even though I love the fit and build. They just don't sound good to me after back to back to back listening. The others really blow them away. I'm torn on the EQ. Sound is so sweet but the fit is iffy. The Sony xm4 tips come closest to keeping them secure but it's still not great once you start moving. Finally the pi7 really shine over aptxhd but sq suffers any other way. They sound grainy over aptx and I get low volume on my samsung. However when I use the creative dongle and USB audio everything changes. Punchy. Dynamic. Loud. Clean. I can get a great fit with them and the sednas so they are keepers. That said I'm ready for a new toy.

Sep 19, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #37,639 of 62,436
Im not sure has this been already talked about in the topic, but its just so many pages coming all the time, that I cant keep up. Can someone do a quick SQ comparison of the M&D MW07 Plus and MW08/MW08S? Im thinking about upgrading, app and updates would be great, but at the end SQ matters and I really dont know would it be worth it.

Sep 19, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #37,641 of 62,436
Im not sure has this been already talked about in the topic, but its just so many pages coming all the time, that I cant keep up. Can someone do a quick SQ comparison of the M&D MW07 Plus and MW08/MW08S? Im thinking about upgrading, app and updates would be great, but at the end SQ matters and I really dont know would it be worth it.
The MW08S are my favourite TWS right now. I tested them against all the big hitters and for me (!) they offer the best package all things considered. Very durable, excellent fit, great case, great sound, brilliant battery, good call quality, great Bluetooth connectivity and range, love the buttons and good enough ANC + Wireless Charging and aptx adaptive. And yes, having an app and firmware updates is a nice bonus to the MW07 Plus that you have, true.

That said, individually, you will find better ones for certain categories. You will find even better sounding ones (B&O EQ or B&W PI7 for example). You will find better ANC in the Sony WF-1000XM4 or the Bose Buds and better call quality in the Airpods Pro e.g. I just don't think there's a better pair as a whole package right now.

If you're solely after "audiophile" buds, then there are better ones out there. If great sound is enough with everything I mentioned on top, I can wholeheartedly recommend the MW08S! They are the ones I kept and will keep for the foreseeable future :)

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #37,643 of 62,436
The MW08S are my favourite TWS right now. I tested them against all the big hitters and for me (!) they offer the best package all things considered. Very durable, excellent fit, great case, great sound, brilliant battery, good call quality, great Bluetooth connectivity and range, love the buttons and good enough ANC + Wireless Charging and aptx adaptive. And yes, having an app and firmware updates is a nice bonus to the MW07 Plus that you have, true.

That said, individually, you will find better ones for certain categories. You will find even better sounding ones (B&O EQ or B&W PI7 for example). You will find better ANC in the Sony WF-1000XM4 or the Bose Buds and better call quality in the Airpods Pro e.g. I just don't think there's a better pair as a whole package right now.

If you're solely after "audiophile" buds, then there are better ones out there. If great sound is enough with everything I mentioned on top, I can wholeheartedly recommend the MW08S! They are the ones I kept and will keep for the foreseeable future :)
One item that still keep the MW08, are the mics they are very good for calls, video calls, etc. When outdoors they exceed all other TWS. I think is the mic placement

Sep 19, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #37,644 of 62,436

Thanks for the reply. I want Apt-X good battery, good call quality and good sound. The M&D build quality, battery and call quality on the MW07 Plus is really good.

Just dont know, is it worth the upgrade.

Sep 19, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #37,645 of 62,436
Thanks for the reply. I want Apt-X good battery, good call quality and good sound. The M&D build quality, battery and call quality on the MW07 Plus is really good.

I think some people here have found the upgrade worth it. From my experience and my own obsessive nature once I get an idea of an earphone in my head, unless/until you try it yourself you won’t have the answer to that question.

For example, I tried the MTW2, Sony XM4, Klipsch T5 II ANC (and nonANC), MW08, PI7, PI5, CA MT, and Devialet Gemini before I finally decided on the Gemini. No amount of feedback from others, (as valuable and helpful as it is) would get the idea of trying them, out of my head. Just sayin’. As others here say, you mileage may vary.
1632061918432.gif

If you can try them out, I recommend you do. They’ve got a good return policy if you buy direct.

Sep 19, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #37,646 of 62,436

That I don't know as I've never had nor heard the MW07 Plus. However, I've read that at least on the technical side (Bluetooth range e.g.) the MW07 Plus were a bit limited. I would assume that the MW08S also sound better but maybe someone else, who owns or has heard both, can comment on that :)

Sep 19, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #37,647 of 62,436
That I don't know as I've never had nor heard the MW07 Plus. However, I've read that at least on the technical side (Bluetooth range e.g.) the MW07 Plus were a bit limited. I would assume that the MW08S also sound better but maybe someone else, who owns or has heard both, can comment on that :)
I think the MW08 sounds a bit better than the MW07 Plus, perhaps because I'm using an iPhone and the MW07 Plus didn't have AAC. (Could be in my head.)

Also, on an unrelated note, I've found that the bass of the MW08 is tamed a bit (in a good way) if you listen without ANC -- assuming you're in an environment where you don't need ANC. When you DO need ANC (for example, when you're on a plane or a subway) the extra bass is appreciated -- and when you DON'T need ANC, the extra battery life is also appreciated. I think the slight change in sound signature when moving from ANC to no-ANC may be intentional for that reason. Fortunately, the MW08 control scheme makes it very easy to switch ANC on and off without losing other controls (like volume or next track).

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #37,649 of 62,436
1 more comfort buds for 60 euros from amazon spain, im really tempted.
Not any kind of deal unless you mean the Comfo Buds Pro. Still check ebay cause we have an Amazon deal here $95 - $35 which is $60 but on ebay you can get them for a little cheaper. Always pays to shop around anyway. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back