Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 14, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #37,471 of 62,209
How does the numbering work? AZ70 is higher or lower model
Based on the convention they are using the AZ70 in theory would still be a higher model. The fact they have a smaller driver sort of speaks to that. Having said that is a BioCellulose driver which should make it more resolving.

Having said that if they mange to maintain the same sound quality in a smaller IEM with similar or better functionality then the AZ60 will be the new flagship regardless of their naming convention. The addition of LDAC, multipoint connectivity, larger fit kit, newer version of BT etc certainly suggest that.

Sep 14, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #37,472 of 62,209
Weird or maybe my ears have some problem of hearing as I feel it lesser the bass from original, expanded the sound stage and clarify the vocal. Do you mind to give me your eq map so I can make a comparison?
Perhaps a poor seal? I'd try different ear tips maybe.

Here's my EQ for the XM4.
PhotoGrid_1630446788955.jpg

And measurements:
Sony XM4 EQ testing 3 (DF).jpg

Sep 14, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #37,475 of 62,209
Shure TW2 + SE846 update:

SQ: sounds way better than any other TWS I have, even with aptX only SE846 does seem to lose a bit of soundstage and vocals aren't as centered for me but I think a lot of it has to do with fit.

Comfort and fit: they are comfortable and very secure. However, I did have to keep pushing them in because they seem a bit tight for my big ears and keep pulling the earbud out making it hard to maintain a good seal. I may try with the SE535s, which I have always found more comfortable. Hopefully the adapter loosen up over time. I've never liked the Shure memory wire cables and I also had glasses and a mask on so I was honestly not surprised

Connection quality is awesome. No issues on the train or in Penn Station. Had a few hiccups in the usual areas while walking around outside Penn Station, Times Square and Bryant Park during the day when there were lots of people and cars but nothing I am not used to. However, I just ran down to Penn Station from 53rd and Madison (a little less than 2 miles) and did not have a single cutout (maybe because there is less traffic and interference at night). No dropouts at my station where I usually get some cutouts. Phone was usually in back pocket.

Controls are awesome. I can control volume, play/pause, environment mode, next and previous track all from the adapter and you can customize it any way you want.

Pairing: very easy and I can switch between my V60 and OnePlus 8T without disconnecting from the other.

Call quality: I had 2 calls on the train ride in and none complained so a plus for me.

I think these will be my in office buds where I need to be aware of my surroundings anyway

Only complaints are:

1. Fit is not great for me but I am still happy enough to keep them. Hopefully it gets better with use.

2. Case is big (cannot be helped for obvious reasons) but it was annoying to go into the backpack to get it. Have been spoiled by TWS where the case is always in my pocket.

Overall pretty happy.with these after Day 1.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #37,477 of 62,209
Ha!! I already got a look and an “are you done playing with my new earphones” 🥸
Ya our system is she flicks the lights on and off when she wants to her my attention. It’s just so peaceful to block out noise and listen to some classical to chill out after work

Sep 15, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #37,481 of 62,209
Came into this thread to get some suggestions for what TWS iems to buy next, settled on the Nuratrues and the Fiil T1 Pro, the former because I was interested in the personalized tuning, and the latter because it was cheap at around $60.

The Technics sound interesting too, and so do the Grado GT220, but they're pretty pricey so may only get them much later on.

And to give back, I'm just sharing some experience that I have for TWZ recently.

I'm currently using the Sony WF 1000XM3 (most use as it has great sound, great connection stability and great ANC), the Jabra Elite 65t (got a refurbished set cheap, pretty decent sound, great connection stability, I rotate them with the Sony) and the Nuarl NT01A (best sound of the 3, but connection stability is spotty, hence limited use time).

I also had the Alpha Delta Elite (love the rubber matte surface feel, fits great in my ears, comes with wireless charging, but sound signature is geared towards the masses with strong bass, tamed highs and narrow soundstage with the mids positioned forward. Sound is acceptable to me, connection stability is decent, price is low, but I gave them to my partner).

I recently tried the Sony XM4 (sounded very close to the XM3, but slightly warmer with slightly more bass, the body is much better designed though) and the Devialet Gemini (probably had the strongest and best bass I've heard in any earphones, except for the Future Sonics Atrios, definitely one to try for bassheads) but decided against buying them.

I tried a few TWS from Chi Fi brands like Shanling (sounded off) and KZ (cheap with decent sound, but terrible connection stability) and decided to stick to some of the more well known brands.

Sep 15, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #37,483 of 62,209

SQ: sounds way better than any other TWS I have, even with aptX only SE846 does seem to lose a bit of soundstage and vocals aren't as centered for me but I think a lot of it has to do with fit.

Comfort and fit: they are comfortable and very secure. However, I did have to keep pushing them in because they seem a bit tight for my big ears and keep pulling the earbud out making it hard to maintain a good seal. I may try with the SE535s, which I have always found more comfortable. Hopefully the adapter loosen up over time. I've never liked the Shure memory wire cables and I also had glasses and a mask on so I was honestly not surprised

Connection quality is awesome. No issues on the train or in Penn Station. Had a few hiccups in the usual areas while walking around outside Penn Station, Times Square and Bryant Park during the day when there were lots of people and cars but nothing I am not used to. However, I just ran down to Penn Station from 53rd and Madison (a little less than 2 miles) and did not have a single cutout (maybe because there is less traffic and interference at night). No dropouts at my station where I usually get some cutouts. Phone was usually in back pocket.

Controls are awesome. I can control volume, play/pause, environment mode, next and previous track all from the adapter and you can customize it any way you want.

Pairing: very easy and I can switch between my V60 and OnePlus 8T without disconnecting from the other.

Call quality: I had 2 calls on the train ride in and none complained so a plus for me.

I think these will be my in office buds where I need to be aware of my surroundings anyway

Only complaints are:

1. Fit is not great for me but I am still happy enough to keep them. Hopefully it gets better with use.

2. Case is big (cannot be helped for obvious reasons) but it was annoying to go into the backpack to get it. Have been spoiled by TWS where the case is always in my pocket.

Great write up thanks. Glad you enjoyed. I was encouraged to take my 535 out again and while they sound amazing, I was reminded of the headache that was dealing with the memory cables…I’m so spoiled now

Sep 15, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #37,485 of 62,209

Only complaints are:

Glad you're digging them! Pretty much agree with everything you say above. I've been using Etymotic double flange tips with mine and they seem to be working very well for fit. I'm cranium challenged as well. The case is big, but I like that I'm not tied to the case. You can carry the bud and power them on/off at will. Zero bluetooth issues here. I'm beyond happy. Shure really did fix these and make them better than Gen 1. Zoom calls, phone calls and music all day. No problem. Bluetooth super easy to switch. Oh, I do regret now that I'm using the SE846, that I didn't just get the adapters, not the version with the SE215s. Oh well.

Excuse me while I put mine on. Time to rock.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back