Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 15, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #37,501 of 62,460
Sounds like a HINT email to them is in order based on your feelings about your old ones :wink:
Nah, not worth it. Probably tough to compete with all the big tech players in the market these days. Sad state of affairs we are in 6 years later though with mediocre performance around. Hopefully, Qualcomm's lossless changes things.

Sep 15, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #37,502 of 62,460
Nah, not worth it. Probably tough to compete with all the big tech players in the market these days. Sad state of affairs we are in 6 years later though with mediocre performance around. Hopefully, Qualcomm's lossless changes things.
Maybe but as they say "The Proof is in the Pudding" :thinking: It's not the first time the word LossLess has been thrown around only to find that's not always the case!

Sep 15, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #37,503 of 62,460
Bragi Dash were pretty damn good back in 2015 for their time. Would still rather use them over gen 1 airpods 35 days a month. Once big tech took notice like Samsung, then Apple of course, and now everyone makes one. Too bad Bragi aren't making new products but good to see they are still around.
Bragi and Earin were ahead of their time. Loved both. Bragi sold their hardware business and kept their OS. Bragi OS is in the new Klipsch T5 II ANC. Have and love them!

Sep 15, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #37,504 of 62,460
Bragi and Earin were ahead of their time. Loved both. Bragi sold their hardware business and kept their OS. Bragi OS is in the new Klipsch T5 II ANC. Have and love them!
Bragi never wanted to be a headphone company. It was always aiming for something higher. The Dash was truly innovative and pretty damn solid as well. The Jabra Elite Sport came along pretty soon thereafter and was more polished than Bragi overall. I think Jabra was the first to really perfect the form factor. TWS has come a long way since then (probably 6 years now?). I imagine that in the next 6 years we may say a complete abandonment of wired IEMs at least for 99% of people. There will probably always be a small group that prefers wired but I expect advancements in wireless audio quality to kill the wire eventually particularly for IEMs. If I was a traditional IEM company, I would be very focused on true wireless because it isn't going away.

Sep 15, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #37,505 of 62,460
Bragi never wanted to be a headphone company. It was always aiming for something higher. The Dash was truly innovative and pretty damn solid as well. The Jabra Elite Sport came along pretty soon thereafter and was more polished than Bragi overall. I think Jabra was the first to really perfect the form factor. TWS has come a long way since then (probably 6 years now?). I imagine that in the next 6 years we may say a complete abandonment of wired IEMs at least for 99% of people. There will probably always be a small group that prefers wired but I expect advancements in wireless audio quality to kill the wire eventually particularly for IEMs. If I was a traditional IEM company, I would be very focused on true wireless because it isn't going away.
See, I had those Jabra and I always reached for my Starkey Bragi Dash Pros :). Wait, I've had all the Jabras. Ugh. Sad.

I agree, I think TWS is just getting better. Convenience, form factor, size. SO happy they've come so far.

Sep 15, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #37,506 of 62,460
Maybe but as they say "The Proof is in the Pudding" :thinking: It's not the first time the word LossLess has been thrown around only to find that's not always the case!
Yeah, even LDAC can't save the XM4's... About to put these up for sale.

Audeze needs to redesign the i series to adapt something like the utws3 with the connectors at the top instead of bottom. Their Cypher BT ear dongles were a travesty in the looks dept. I was hoping the Euclid would be an option for utws3, but reviews weren't promising. Even the utws3 would be a no go in public looking like old school hearing aid.

Sep 15, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #37,507 of 62,460
Yeah, even LDAC can't save the XM4's... About to put these up for sale.

Audeze needs to redesign the i series to adapt something like the utws3 with the connectors at the top instead of bottom. Their Cypher BT ear dongles were a travesty in the looks dept. I was hoping the Euclid would be an option for utws3, but reviews weren't promising. Even the utws3 would be a no go in public looking like old school hearing aid.
Yeah I think Audeze will be the one that gets a high end tws to the market first. Would be a game changer.

Sep 15, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #37,508 of 62,460
Hi guys been awhile.😲😁Ordered the New Tranya T20. Last few offerings I didn't like, so we will see if they are a keeper. I like the small size, 4 mics and low latency. Hopefully it has good highs as my prized older pair.
_20210915_130744.JPG
Looks a lot like the new Back Bay audio model, Tempo 30. Starts with a "T" 30 and T20. IPX 7, bass and normal sound modes and that shape...
1631729147996.png

Back bay looks a little nicer but seems to have a slimmer case and that would knock off one charge. Back bay is cheaper. Also have low lag "movie" mode but the back bay have 8mm drivers and not 6mm.

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #37,509 of 62,460
I'm still for the TWS adapters, if they could just shrink it a little and maybe curve the chassis to fit around the back of the ear I'd be all over it. I love the BT20S Pro and especially the option of putting any of my iem's on it, I don't like nor do I trust any earpiece that just sits in the ear or depends on the seal to hang on! Was never a fan of ear guide wires on cables but I have always worn my cables over ear for support and of course with heavier iem's its a must :thumbsup: Like these IKKO's:scream:

Shrink it.jpg

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #37,510 of 62,460
I'm still for the TWS adapters, if they could just shrink it a little and maybe curve the chassis to fit around the back of the ear I'd be all over it. I love the BT20S Pro and especially the option of putting any of my iem's on it, I don't like nor do I trust any earpiece that just sits in the ear or depends on the seal to hang on! Was never a fan of ear guide wires on cables but I have always worn my cables over ear for support and of course with heavier iem's its a must :thumbsup: Like these IKKO's:scream:

Shrink it.jpg
Madly in love with my Shure SE846s on the new Gen 2 Shure TWS adapters. I like them more than the Fiio and TRNs. Definitely worth a look.

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #37,511 of 62,460
Madly in love with my Shure SE846s on the new Gen 2 Shure TWS adapters. I like them more than the Fiio and TRNs. Definitely worth a look.
Nice, are they working on a 2 pin version that you know of?

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #37,512 of 62,460
Nice, are they working on a 2 pin version that you know of?
Not that I know of. Shure only uses MMCX. I did try an adapter on them and although it did work, they make the stems longer. Your mileage may vary.

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #37,514 of 62,460
Not that I know of. Shure only uses MMCX. I did try an adapter on them and although it did work, they make the stems longer. Your mileage may vary.
Yeah, I had already figured that option but being an old technician from way back any point of break in connectivity is just another opportunity for trouble:scream: LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back