Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 10, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #37,263 of 62,106
after spending a few days with the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro+ I feel like they deserved to be in the conversation for best TWS around $100 or so for a hybrid set with Knowles BA.
I got them for $110 before tax and they are superb value for money.
Form factor is identical to the L2P which is pretty meh to the eye but is very comfortable to my ears .
No touch control and they have physical buttons that work very well and you can customize easily with Volume up/down, Ambient on/off and volume up/down.
The Default eq in the app is utterly trash, there is no nice way to put it. You have to go through the HearID process and only then they are starting to shine or go through the many presents and tweak them to you liking.
The sound signature after I eq'ed them is really nice and crisp and fairly natural. Not too much dynamics or 3D feelings but it's above average and soundstage is fairly reasonable too for TWS.
Someone mentioned here that they had artificial highs and recessed mids but I'm just not hearing it.
All in all, to me they are in the same league of the CA MT if not better as these have better highs and less colored sound and aren't as bassy.

Any questions, ask away.

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #37,264 of 62,106
The EQs do sound very good. Probably one of the best sounding TWS I have heard to date. Still, as long as they don't fix the annoying flaws and inconveniences (for me), I will stay with the MW08S.

I tried all the major players, namely the MTW2, WF-1000XM4, PI7, EQs, Airpods Pro and the MW08S and ultimately kept the MW08S.

Sound quality is more than sufficiently good, fit is perfect, battery life is phenomenal, build quality and design are excellent and I love the physical buttons and the case. ANC, while not the best, is solid and call quality good (at least before the latest update somehow). Tough to beat as a whole package for me right now. They might be too bassy for some but they are fun, engaging and loud :)
I put some sednas on the mw08. It was awful. Totally sucked the bass and warmth from them. Tinny. Strange. So stock tips are boomy and sednas are the opposite. Spinfits are too slippery. Any recommendations?

Sep 10, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #37,267 of 62,106
If I wanted to splurge on one more top end item (obviously having the Bose AND the Sony xm4 is not enough to keep me from looking around ...)
out of the 3:
B&O EQ
Gemini
MW08

which one would I like best? I like it dynamic, sporty, bassy ... I am usually running when I listen to music ... I enjoy very good ANC ...

This time I might actually have a chance to try them out (even bring my own tips) before buying ...
None of these are good for running. Mw08 would be your best bet but I'd be surprised if they stayed put.

Sep 10, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #37,270 of 62,106
One question that i know clearly the answer but i still want to ask you 😂 Is volume louder ???
Nope. But I don't have any issues with the volume. If you want volume, get the Nuratrue. Those suckers CRANK. I had to turn off the gain because I thought I was killing my ears.

Sep 11, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #37,271 of 62,106
Nope. But I don't have any issues with the volume. If you want volume, get the Nuratrue. Those suckers CRANK. I had to turn off the gain because I thought I was killing my ears.
I think my problem with the PI7 is that the bass is so loud that it overshadows the mids. To hear the vocals clearly I need to turn up the volume. To be honest, I'm not one to listen to music too loud. I hope even at low volume I can hear the vocals clearly on the EQ.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #37,272 of 62,106
I put some sednas on the mw08. It was awful. Totally sucked the bass and warmth from them. Tinny. Strange. So stock tips are boomy and sednas are the opposite. Spinfits are too slippery. Any recommendations?
Stock tips are completely fine for me. Found my perfect size and have a snug and comfortable fit now. I haven't even tried to tip roll here. Sound is still perfectly fine for me. If the bass is "too boomy" for you, I don't think these are for you tbh.

Sep 11, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #37,273 of 62,106
Hi, I have no experience with wireless IEMs, so sorry for the newbie questions ...

I've read about the Sony WF-1000XM4, is it the best wireless IEM?

How does it sound compared to wired IEMs in roughly the same price range, like a Moondrop Blessing 2 or DUNU SA6? Is it much inferior to a Sony IER-M9?

The dumbest question: Does Sony WF-1000XM4 already have its own DAC and amplifier inside? Should I just pair it with my smartphone to get the best sound?

Sep 11, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #37,274 of 62,106
Hi, I have no experience with wireless IEMs, so sorry for the newbie questions ...

I've read about the Sony WF-1000XM4, is it the best wireless IEM?

How does it sound compared to wired IEMs in roughly the same price range, like a Moondrop Blessing 2 or DUNU SA6? Is it much inferior to a Sony IER-M9?

The dumbest question: Does Sony WF-1000XM4 already have its own DAC and amplifier inside? Should I just pair it with my smartphone to get the best sound?

1) Depends, I'd say its the best when it comes to tech/features, with TWS the tech/app etc is as important as the SQ

2) Stands no chance against IEMs of that calibre, you don't buy TWS if you want the very best SQ, the convenience factor and all tech features are the upsides

3) Yes, every TWS earbud has got its own dac/amp

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #37,275 of 62,106
If I wanted to splurge on one more top end item (obviously having the Bose AND the Sony xm4 is not enough to keep me from looking around ...)
out of the 3:
B&O EQ
Gemini
MW08

which one would I like best? I like it dynamic, sporty, bassy ... I am usually running when I listen to music ... I enjoy very good ANC ...

This time I might actually have a chance to try them out (even bring my own tips) before buying ...
Let's face it. If the human ear was meant to hold stuff we'd have evolved threadform bumps and some sort of goo rather than weird folds and wax. And that's not even bringing sweat into it. In other words I don't think it's possible to run with these things without either some sort of supporting apparatus or constant fiddling.

Anyway, of the above I only know the Gemini, but for that I at least can vouch for it's EAM making them sound good even when their tips are just barely hanging on to the edge of my ears. The bass is definitely different but still somehow there, and the details are still surprisingly present but more open sounding. And from what I've read their ANC beats all others. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back