Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 10, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #37,231 of 62,423
Same here, I just checked and it says I'm up-to-date with the firmware.

Also, I spoke too soon the other day as I may not have the volume down issue but now it's volume up to the max issue a few moments after inserting them which made me think maybe it's the way my ear touches the touch sensor somehow? I don't know but needless to say an unexpected volume up to the max is a serious issue that may cause a very unpleasant experience to ones ears.

Gonna shoot an email to Support but not sure I'm willing to bother to RMA them as I'm still within the return window and I don't love them enough to put the effort I suppose, but at least get this issue documented with their support team as a reference.
I was told to enter an RMA on Tuesday and haven’t heard back yet.

Sep 10, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #37,233 of 62,423
Sep 10, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #37,234 of 62,423
Same here, I just checked and it says I'm up-to-date with the firmware.

Also, I spoke too soon the other day as I may not have the volume down issue but now it's volume up to the max issue a few moments after inserting them which made me think maybe it's the way my ear touches the touch sensor somehow? I don't know but needless to say an unexpected volume up to the max is a serious issue that may cause a very unpleasant experience to ones ears.

Gonna shoot an email to Support but not sure I'm willing to bother to RMA them as I'm still within the return window and I don't love them enough to put the effort I suppose, but at least get this issue documented with their support team as a reference.
Return them. Not worth the hassle. I got an rma, and it didn't solve the volume issue for me. The case is also not good.

There are better earbuds out there with fewer issues even if a bit more expensive. CA rushed out the MT by cutting corners wherever they could. This is straight up a quality assurance nightmare tbh, and they used the customers to test for bugs/issues.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #37,235 of 62,423
MTW2 getting discounted pretty heavily recently. Wonder if (and hoping) something new is on the way. Currently $200 @ Best Buy and Amazon.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sennhe...rbud-headphones-black/6405291.p?skuId=6405291

SENNHEISER Momentum True Wireless 2 - Bluetooth in-Ear Buds with Active Noise Cancellation, Smart Pause, Customizable Touch Control and 28-Hour Battery Life - Black (M3IETW2 Black) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B085LVV...abc_TPRGQKEREZZ6ENB03ZCK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Most likely have something new on the way because I have never seen the mtw2's price drop for brand new that much.

Sep 10, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #37,236 of 62,423
MTW2 getting discounted pretty heavily recently. Wonder if (and hoping) something new is on the way. Currently $200 @ Best Buy and Amazon.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sennhe...rbud-headphones-black/6405291.p?skuId=6405291

SENNHEISER Momentum True Wireless 2 - Bluetooth in-Ear Buds with Active Noise Cancellation, Smart Pause, Customizable Touch Control and 28-Hour Battery Life - Black (M3IETW2 Black) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B085LVV...abc_TPRGQKEREZZ6ENB03ZCK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I think I read someplace that they’re releasing a CX pro. Might’ve been an earlier post by someone.

Sep 10, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #37,239 of 62,423
Found some expensive ear tips today. So I have been struggling to justify the Beoplay EQs while I have the MW08s. For me it is no contest with sound. The EQs sound so much better to me. The problem is I cannot get a good seal with the EQ ear tips. The MW08s fit fantastic. So what did I do? I took the tips off of the MW08s and put them on the EQs and they fit great now :relaxed:. I went onto the Master & Dynamic site and ordered more tips. I really wish the sound was better on the MW08s, because I really like the fit and build. The bass is just too overwhelming for my taste.

Sep 10, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #37,240 of 62,423
Found some expensive ear tips today. So I have been struggling to justify the Beoplay EQs while I have the MW08s. For me it is no contest with sound. The EQs sound so much better to me. The problem is I cannot get a good seal with the EQ ear tips. The MW08s fit fantastic. So what did I do? I took the tips off of the MW08s and put them on the EQs and they fit great now :relaxed:. I went onto the Master & Dynamic site and ordered more tips. I really wish the sound was better on the MW08s, because I really like the fit and build. The bass is just too overwhelming for my taste.
The EQs do sound very good. Probably one of the best sounding TWS I have heard to date. Still, as long as they don't fix the annoying flaws and inconveniences (for me), I will stay with the MW08S.

I tried all the major players, namely the MTW2, WF-1000XM4, PI7, EQs, Airpods Pro and the MW08S and ultimately kept the MW08S.

Sound quality is more than sufficiently good, fit is perfect, battery life is phenomenal, build quality and design are excellent and I love the physical buttons and the case. ANC, while not the best, is solid and call quality good (at least before the latest update somehow). Tough to beat as a whole package for me right now. They might be too bassy for some but they are fun, engaging and loud :)

Sep 10, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #37,241 of 62,423
Hey guys, I though you might appreciate my review of the new Divinus Ostia TWS IEM. I'd never heard of them before the company contacted me to see if I'd consider writing a review, and I'm glad I agreed because now my kids can enjoy a really decent upgrade from the crappy stock Apple earbuds on their iPhones. Check out the review here. And some eye candy for good measure...

Ostia_05.jpg

Sep 10, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #37,243 of 62,423
Sep 10, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #37,244 of 62,423
Hey guys, I though you might appreciate my review of the new Divinus Ostia TWS IEM. I'd never heard of them before the company contacted me to see if I'd consider writing a review, and I'm glad I agreed because now my kids can enjoy a really decent upgrade from the crappy stock Apple earbuds on their iPhones. Check out the review here. And some eye candy for good measure...

Ostia_05.jpg
Actually well regarded but the first model and cheap and no real features outside of the sound. I am looking forward to what they are coming with next.

Sep 10, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #37,245 of 62,423

Users who are viewing this thread

Back