Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 11, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #37,291 of 62,422
You had to say that didn’t you? :D
See my challenge is that I (a.o.) have the XM4s and the Beoplay 3rd gen (and obviously also h95). This should be fine and I am happy - right? But then all you guys write about the SQ on the EQs.....And I don’t want to go there - or....

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #37,292 of 62,422
See my challenge is that I (a.o.) have the XM4s and the Beoplay 3rd gen (and obviously also h95). This should be fine and I am happy - right? But then all you guys write about the SQ on the EQs.....And I don’t want to go there - or....
They really have something with those. It's the first set I have listened to and easily passed all of my genre test playlist. For example, to hear the background harp on Florence and the Machine's unplugged tracks, sounds truly wonderful. But then you can turn around and throw Jay Z or Audioslave at them, and they sound just as good (might need to move the EQ dial of course). It's pretty amazing strengths they have built into them. Not to mention the build quality and design is awesome too. Consider this payback for that H95 carrot you dangled at me :D

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #37,293 of 62,422
They really have something with those. It's the first set I have listened to and easily passed all of my genre test playlist. For example, to hear the background harp on Florence and the Machine's unplugged tracks, sounds truly wonderful. But then you can turn around and throw Jay Z or Audioslave at them, and they sound just as good (might need to move the EQ dial of course). It's pretty amazing strengths they have built into them. Not to mention the build quality and
design is awesome too. Consider this payback for that H95 carrot you dangled at me :D
You had to say that didn’t you?😎

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #37,294 of 62,422
I’m really hankering for some new buds. I have the Gemini (amazing sound but not great for running), Jabra 65 (never use) Sony XM3 (hate the sound), NUARL N6 Pro (love them), and the Bose NC (good but not anything special).

any recommendations in the $300 and up price range?
B&O EQ, Nuratrue, Klipsch T5 II ANC McLaren, or as of today, the Shure Aonic 215 Gen 2. They fixed all the bad things about the previous version. So much that stupid me just dropped the cash to upgrade the IEMs on them to the SE846s. Ugh.

May the force be with you.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #37,295 of 62,422
Sep 11, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #37,296 of 62,422
B&O EQ, Nuratrue, Klipsch T5 II ANC McLaren, or as of today, the Shure Aonic 215 Gen 2. They fixed all the bad things about the previous version. So much that stupid me just dropped the cash to upgrade the IEMs on them to the SE846s. Ugh.

The darkside is strong within you.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #37,297 of 62,422

Those Shures are pretty cool. I like that wired/wireless design.

Sep 11, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #37,299 of 62,422
Would love a comparison between the loops and the Nuratrue from an audio perspective. Both products are intriguing especially for a 50+ year old who has hearing deficits.

Sep 11, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #37,300 of 62,422
I can't imagine how good Nuraphones can sound after trying Nuraloop... I think I'll pull the trigger by Monday. Can't resist.
The over the ear Nuraphones felt very weird to me. It's an ear cup over your ear and then a little bud, for the lack of a different term, that goes into your ear. I didn't like it. More comfortable options out there. The Nuratrue bud, though, for $199, those are a steal.

Sep 11, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #37,301 of 62,422
Would love a comparison between the loops and the Nuratrue from an audio perspective. Both products are intriguing especially for a 50+ year old who has hearing deficits.
I'm not sure if they updated the Loop to have a gain option. But I'm in your boat age-wise and wow, the Nuratrue buds get LOUD. They fit me better and it's nice to lose the wires that the Loop have. I've had them both. Both sound great, but for form and function, I would prefer the Nuratrue.

Sep 11, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #37,302 of 62,422
What are the best wireless IEMs for SQ that you have tried?
I think this is a twofold question. Are you looking for IEMs with an adapter that turns it into a true wireless or are you looking for straight up true wireless earbuds?

Sep 11, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #37,303 of 62,422
Those Shures are pretty cool. I like that wired/wireless design.
They sound amazing and all the functions are working flawless so far. No pops, distortion yada yada. We shall see how a Quad High Def Drivers sound with the TWS adapters next. Tomorrow! Amazon is the devil.

Sep 11, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #37,304 of 62,422
Well, I've just knew about the Nura Trues after buying the Nuraloops. Unlucky me... From what I've seen the Trues support aptxHD while the loops do not. It seems to be the only major difference. From experience I know that aptxHD sounds noticeably better. Get the Trues. I will try an exchange, hope the store accepts it.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #37,305 of 62,422
The over the ear Nuraphones felt very weird to me. It's an ear cup over your ear and then a little bud, for the lack of a different term, that goes into your ear. I didn't like it. More comfortable options out there. The Nuratrue bud, though, for $199, those are a steal.
Thanks man, really helpful. Will get the Trues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back