Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 11, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #37,321 of 62,454
I have the xm4s, and while I like the utilitarian aspect of them and they do sound pretty good with different tips (I use Final TWS tips), there are better out there for SQ. The overall package is why I keep ahold of mine.
They sound good, but when one listens to something like the Nuras, man... It's the soundstage, the bass, the mids, the separation, imaging, pretty much everything. It's consumer grade vs audiophile grade.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #37,324 of 62,454
They sound amazing and all the functions are working flawless so far. No pops, distortion yada yada. We shall see how a Quad High Def Drivers sound with the TWS adapters next. Tomorrow! Amazon is the devil.
Curious about your thoughts. All this talk about the TW2 has caused me to dig my SE846s out of the drawer. They have been quite neglected since I haven't been commuting.

Sep 11, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #37,325 of 62,454
Curious about your thoughts. All this talk about the TW2 has caused me to dig my SE846s out of the drawer. They have been quite neglected since I haven't been commuting.
Funny that for me, Nuras sound way better than SE846 (with FiiO M15) :D

There's something so wrong about those SE846...

But even worse can sound the Campfire Audio ATLAS. My God they're so bad...

2 worst IEMs I've heard. lol. Oh no, forgot AAW Canary. That's a joke :p

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #37,326 of 62,454
I'll have them tomorrow and will report back!

Sep 12, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #37,328 of 62,454
Hi does anybody has experience with the galaxy buds 2 in terms of sleeping with them ?

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #37,329 of 62,454
Here's are my thoughts of the Beoplay EQ after a few days of use. They are not perfect but I think they're the best I've tried so far.

I've bought them bundled with the Beoplay charger, sold it the next day and I've been able to cut down the price to 300 EUR. Well, they're still expensive in my oppinion but bearable.

Build quality and fit: the build quality is good, I really like the size of the case and the materials they've used.
The shape is not the best, they are not a perfect fit for me and they're a bit bulky. I find the XM4 more confortable.

Sound quality: the overal sound signature lean towards a neutral reproduction and a balanced sound (in the in ear true wireles segment to be clear), the intruments separation is very good, the soundstage is more than decent, the voices are being reproduced very well. The bass is clean and well controlled but a bit too shy for my taste. EQ helps but it doesn't do wonders. They shine on acoustic, instrumental music and less on electronic and rock.
Comparing them with the XM4 they are in completely different league, from the TWS that I've personally tried only the PI7 can compete with them. The PI7s' have richer base and are louder but I coudn't accept the poor battery life (the bluetooth streaming from their case is a big plus though)

ANC: Not the best but it get's the job done. It doesn't block all the noise, like cars passing on the street while being on the sidewalk but it's good enough for me not to complain.

Call quality: Here is were I got issues in the past with B&O headphones, like the Beoplay HX wich I had to return it because of the poor call quality.
Well, the calls have a good quality and the people on the other end could hear me well. Pfew!
Later edit: Forgot to mention something important here: when you use them for calls it switches automatically to the “Own voice” mode so you can hear yourself - to feel more natural. Of course, you can toggle between natural and anc if you want.

Battery: the battery life sems to be fine but I find it strange that the L and R earphone are not discharging the same way.
The % goes down faster in the L earpiece at the beginning but the R one catches up after a while and goes dows even more than the L one. But there are only a few percentages difference between them at all times.
After 3 hours of listening on high volume they went down to approximately 60%.

Things that I don't like:
  • They do not support multipoint connection - that's my biggest complaint
  • Even that I like the case, it's not perfect. It doesn't close all the way and I don't like the feeling of the hinge, I wish it was stronger.
  • ANC picks up wind noise, it's bearable but you can notice it. Later edit: Not sure if it's the ANC or the actual noise made by the wind when hitting the case, because I can hear the wind with ANC off.
  • The volume: I need to keep them at 90% almost all the time so they can feel alive.
  • The app even that has a simple layout, it's a pain to use. It always needs to reconnect when I need to use it and it doesn't have a switch between ANC, Transparency and Normal. Now I get it why people buy the earpods pro, the integrations is seamless.
Some other notes: I use them mostly on my iPhone with AAC and I found that connecting them to my Bluesound PowerNode using aptX I can hear some subtle differences.
The volume is higher and the sound seems to be a little deeper. It's subtle but it's definitely there. Android users seem to benefit them more than iPhone users.
Also I noticed that the volume is track dependant. I use Tidal Master and some tracks have higher volume than others. On some of the tracks I need to lower the volume because it gets too loud after 90%.

PS: I didn't get the poping noise (at least yet) the other users were complaining about.

Attachments

• IMG_1371.jpg
    IMG_1371.jpg
    853.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #37,330 of 62,454
Here's are my thoughts of the Beoplay EQ after a few days of use. They are not perfect but I think they're the best I've tried so far.

I've bought them bundled with the Beoplay charger, sold it the next day and I've been able to cut down the price to 300 EUR. Well, they're still expensive in my oppinion but bearable.

Build quality and fit: the build quality is good, I really like the size of the case and the materials they've used.
The shape is not the best, they are not a perfect fit for me and they're a bit bulky. I find the XM4 more confortable.

Sound quality: the overal sound signature tends towards a neutral reproduction and a balanced sound (in the TWS segment to be clear), the intruments separation is very good, the soundstage is more than decent, the voices are being reproduced very well. The bass is clean and well controlled but a bit too shy for my taste. EQ helps but it doesn't do wonders. They shine on acoustic, intrumental music and less on electronic and rock.
Comparing them with the XM4 they are in completely different league, from the TWS that I've persoanlly tried only the PI7 can compete with them. The PI7s' have richer base and are louder but I coudn't accept the poor battery life (the bluetooth streaming from their case is a big plus though)

ANC: Not the best but it get's the job done. It doesn't block all the noise, like cars passing on the street while being on the sidewalk but it get's the job done, it's good enough for me not to complain.

Call quality: Here is were I got issues in the past with B&O headphones, like the Beoplay HX wich I had to return it because of the poor call quality.
Well, the calls have a good quality and the people on the other end could hear me well. Pfew!

Battery: the battery life sems to be fine but I find it strange that the L and R earphone are not discharging the same way.
The % goes down faster in the L earpiece at the beginning but the R one catches up after a while and goes dows even more than the L one. But there are only a few percentages difference between them at all times.

Things that I don't like:
  • Even that I like the case, it's not perfect. It doesn't close all the way and I don't like the feeling of the hinge, I wish it was stronger.
  • ANC picks up wind noise, it's bearable but you can notice it.
  • The volume... I really need to crank the volume in order to make them feel alive. I need to keep them at 90% almost all the time and I'm not deaf.
  • The app even that is easy to use it always needs to reconnect when I need to use it. Now I get it why people buy the earpods pro.
Some other notes: I use them mostly on my iPhone with AAC and I found that connecting them to my Bluesound PowerNode using aptX I can hear some subtle differences.
The volume is higher and the sound seems to be a little deeper. It's subtle but it's definitely there. Android users seem to benefit them more than iPhone users.

PS: I didn't get the poping noise (at least yet) the other users were complaining about.
I sent my set back and will wait to see if they adjust the volume levels before repurchasing. Great to hear the positive trend in the subtle pop being absent. Great observations and notes.

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #37,331 of 62,454
There seem to be a number of Gemini users here, hi. Am I only one curious how others have their eq set? Here’s mine if anyone interested

I didn’t think I’d have my bass leveled up, but there’s a bass guitar tone that just seems to live there

Attachments

• 183C4BB6-4D84-4E94-9BC2-26B8893D7FD6.jpeg
    183C4BB6-4D84-4E94-9BC2-26B8893D7FD6.jpeg
    368.5 KB · Views: 0
Sep 12, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #37,332 of 62,454
Can someone please give me some advice on EQ settings for the MW08s? I'm no expert when it comes to using EQ settings. I find the MW08s a little overwhelming on the bass. I listen to mostly hard rock and metal. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!
Screenshot_20210912-100346_SoundAlive.jpg

Sep 12, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #37,333 of 62,454
There seem to be a number of Gemini users here, hi. Am I only one curious how others have their eq set? Here’s mine if anyone interested

I didn’t think I’d have my bass leveled up, but there’s a bass guitar tone that just seems to live there
I'm usually listening with ANC, and I think that already has an applied V-shaped profile, so I just leave the actual EQ at flat. If Devialet ever adds the ability to go neutral with controls I might try messing around with it, but for now I only EQ my brain.

Sep 12, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #37,334 of 62,454
Can someone please give me some advice on EQ settings for the MW08s? I'm no expert when it comes to using EQ settings. I find the MW08s a little overwhelming on the bass. I listen to mostly hard rock and metal. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated! Screenshot_20210912-100346_SoundAlive.jpg
WRT the left three bands, kind of opposite what I have in mine above. Try moving left bands down and see how sound reacts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back