Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 11, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #37,276 of 62,431
Let's face it. If the human ear was meant to hold stuff we'd have evolved threadform bumps and some sort of goo rather than weird folds and wax. And that's not even bringing sweat into it. In other words I don't think it's possible to run with these things without either some sort of supporting apparatus or constant fiddling.

Anyway, of the above I only know the Gemini, but for that I at least can vouch for it's EAM making them sound good even when their tips are just barely hanging on to the edge of my ears. The bass is definitely different but still somehow there, and the details are still surprisingly present but more open sounding. And from what I've read their ANC beats all others. Good luck!
ANC of Gemini at high mode maybe the best. However, it makes a lot of white noise so i never turn on this of option. I usualy choose lower ANC mode

Sep 11, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #37,277 of 62,431
I've just got Nura Nuraloop and am more than impressed. Have tried almost everything that exists wireless, including SONY wf-1000X M4, the Nuraloop are on another league. First Bluetooth headphone I've heard that HAS instrument separation, 3D imaging and a large soundstage. Pretty much like a good triple driver like the FLC8n, etc. Detail is awesome, treble is very defined and airy, polished and bass pretty strong if you choose so. Tight, plenty of definition/texture. I'm a music producer and can perfectly use these as studio monitors at night while playing, letting the final mixing/mastering for my ADAM A7X monitors. It's how good this thing sounds, it's unbeleavable.

The SONYs can't even come close. No separation (typical on BT headphones), small soundstage, boomy bass, recessed mids. Vocals on Nura are exceptional.

One thing that impresses on an headphone is the impact of the snare drums and these deliver. Its something usually just possible with high-end DACs. Percussion here sounds amazing. The out of head experience these give you is extraordinary for a BT headphone and detail retreval is very high. This is audiophile grade which I thought impossible for a BT. Really. Im accostumed to high-end AD/DA converters and monitors on my studio.

Latest firmware update solves all issues seen on some amazon reviews, so there's nothing to fault at the time being.

Some people don't know that there is a dedicated setting for bass, so they say it's neutral or lacking (!!!!). They can touch bass-head territory if you want to. Just use the app correctly.

No Nura app for Windows though. Just iOS and Android. And the app is absolutely essential, so if you run Windows, don't buy these.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #37,279 of 62,431
Is that officially documented in release notes or anything? I received my EQs today and find them fairly quiet (latest firmware). My MW08 Sport are definitely audibly louder.
No sorry it’s simply a misconception by my part….. shortly before I installed the firmware I was listening to Lisa Stanfield‘s „All around the world“ in max volume to search for that pop/clip noise…… after the firmware update I listen to my regular stuff but still with maxed out volume…. so my impression was it’s a lot louder….. sorry 🙈 for the false hope.

Sep 11, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #37,280 of 62,431
Do any MMCX earbuds work with the Shure adapters, as long as they fit the case?

Or would you run into any issues if your IEMs differs vastly from Shure's line up in terms of. Sensitivity etc?

I really like the tiny form-factor of both the case and adapter.
One of the better ones would be the IEMs from Campfire 🔥 Audio….. I had the Polaris and the Vega.

Sep 11, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #37,281 of 62,431
tough one for sure.
My gut tell’s me the pop/clip issue will get solved faster then B&W fixing their TWSs.

A few months ago I had to decide to go with the new formation line from B&W or something from B&O for a higher end multiroom speaker. At that point the formation line was already more than a year on tue market but B&W still didn’t fixed some basic stuff they promised to fix after a few months….. On the other hand the old B&O multiroom platform (M3, M5,…) had some issues too and was already on a dead end.
But at that time around B&O present their Beosound Level and Emerge - in more or less in the same price range. So I’d go with the Level. Not regret it so far….. only it’s not the best speaker for bassheads…..

long story short, B&O is from my experience always a bit faster in fixing things and adding new features….

Sep 11, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #37,282 of 62,431
My gut tell’s me the pop/clip issue will get solved faster then B&W fixing their TWSs.

A few months ago I had to decide to go with the new formation line from B&W or something from B&O for a higher end multiroom speaker. At that point the formation line was already more than a year on tue market but B&W still didn’t fixed some basic stuff they promised to fix after a few months….. On the other hand the old B&O multiroom platform (M3, M5,…) had some issues too and was already on a dead end.
But at that time around B&O present their Beosound Level and Emerge - in more or less in the same price range. So I’d go with the Level. Not regret it so far….. only it’s not the best speaker for bassheads…..

long story short, B&O is from my experience always a bit faster in fixing things and adding new features….
How do you like your H95s? I probably don't want to know the answer, but curious. :)

Sep 11, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #37,283 of 62,431
How do you like your H95s? I probably don't want to know the answer, but curious. :)
FWIW: the h95s are really, really nice...don’t go there😝

Sep 11, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #37,284 of 62,431
Pulled out the AZ70 today. Forgot just how good these sound... Gonna be using them for the next while :xf_cool:.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #37,286 of 62,431
I’m really hankering for some new buds. I have the Gemini (amazing sound but not great for running), Jabra 65 (never use) Sony XM3 (hate the sound), NUARL N6 Pro (love them), and the Bose NC (good but not anything special).

any recommendations in the $300 and up price range?
Just 2 words. Nura Nuraloop.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #37,288 of 62,431
I've just got Nura Nuraloop and am more than impressed. Have tried almost everything that exists wireless, including SONY wf-1000X M4, the Nuraloop are on another league. First Bluetooth headphone I've heard that HAS instrument separation, 3D imaging and a large soundstage. Pretty much like a good triple driver like the FLC8n, etc. Detail is awesome and bass pretty strong if you choose so. Tight, excellent definition. I'm a music producer and can perfectly use these as studio monitors at night while playing, letting the final mixing/mastering for my ADAM A7X monitors. It's how good this thing sounds, it's unbeleavable.

The SONYs can't even come close. No separation (typical on BT headphones), small soundstage, boomy bass, recessed mids. Vocals on Nura are exceptional.

Latest firmware update solves all issues seen on some amazon reviews, so there's nothing to fault at the time being.

Some people don't know that there is a dedicated setting for bass, so they say it's neutral or lacking (!!!!). They can touch bass-head territory if you want to. Just use the app correctly.

No Nura app for Windows though. Just iOS and Android. And the app is absolutely essential, so if you run Windows, don't buy these.

Sir, You've wrote "Nuraloop" and i Got to be sure, that You don't mean by chance "Nuratrue" (?) i Own Nuratrue for a week and for now i'M done looking further (these are simply addicting, but i Only bought them just after volume upgrade). The "Nuratrue" would make all the more sense, because "Nuraloop" are the older one and neckband, so comparing them to WF-1000XM4 is simply confusing. Please, confirm, "Nuraloop" or "Nuratrue" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back