Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 7, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #37,021 of 62,555
Anyone experience issues with Melomania Touch transparency mode? At first didn’t work at all, then did a couple of resets and now right side works but left side is all static and crackle. Tried moving the fins around to make sure wasn’t blocking the mic. Opened a ticket with CA, but curious if others had similar issues. Thanks

CA got back already with a bunch of troubleshooting that resulted in no change. Looks like a bad mic
Looks like a faulty unit. Get it rma'd.

Sep 7, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #37,023 of 62,555
After a couple of months of using the Status Between Pro’s, I’m still very happy.

Pro’s:
They truly sound amazing, was blown away recently when I listened to the newly released The Doors’ Riders on The Storm (Sunset Sound Demo) on Tidal.
The fit is snug and comfortable. Where I kept fiddling with the CA Melomania Touch, these just fit well and stay put. There’s no ANC, but the passive noise cancellation works so well I sometimes have to take them out when communicating with other people when doing groceries or something.
Very fast and quite stable connection.

Con’s:
Voices in podcasts can sound a bit sharp (?) sometimes, especially the S, C and F.
Can be challenging taking them out of the case.
And, more importantly, sometimes they keep connected when in the case and even continue to play music.
This could be something a firmware update could fix, but unfortunately there’s no app.
Despite the form factor, I too like them. However stopped using them for the most part after the volume in the right earphone dropped. I can compensate by adjusting my phone’s audio left/right balance, but it is a little bit of a hassle - need to adjust before using these, and return to default balance when switching to something else…

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #37,024 of 62,555
Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #37,025 of 62,555
I don't know about that. I had the originals. They added hardware EQ, multifunction customization (which includes volume control), auto power on and more. Those three features alone were the reason I flipped mine on eBay. This new version might be worth taking a look at. I've always love the feel of Shure IEMs.
Will probably be skipping the TW2 and staying wired with my IEMs for another year. Maybe the next gen or if a new Aonic 8 comes out. Was pretty disappointed to see only aptX still. Auto on and being able to use each side for calls is definitely a step in the right direction.

I think the EQ functionality was just added to the Aonic 50 as well (haven't done the firmware update yet). Glad to see Shure is improving existing products as well.

Edit: removed reference to micro USB as that was probably a typo on Shure's site. Other sites clearly state USB C.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #37,026 of 62,555
Will probably be skipping the TW2 and staying wired with my IEMs for another year. Maybe the next gen or if a new Aonic 8 comes out. Was pretty disappointed to see micro USB and only aptX still. Auto on and being able to use each side for calls is definitely a step in the right direction.

I think the EQ functionality was just added to the Aonic 50 as well (haven't done the firmware update yet). Glad to see Shure is improving existing products as well.
Where did you see micro usb? That would be awful if they went backwards. The first gen had USB C. They really needed to add EQ. The SE215 will shine now.

Sep 7, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #37,027 of 62,555
Where did you see micro usb? That would be awful if they went backwards. The first gen had USB C. They really needed to add EQ. The SE215 will shine now.
@TK33 Ah, that has to be a typo on their site: Micro-USB-C Charging Cable

Sep 7, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #37,028 of 62,555
@TK33 Ah, that has to be a typo on their site: Micro-USB-C Charging Cable
Reading again youre probably right. Probably just a typo, in which case I am not more tempted and may be keeping an eye on the price this fall (it is now in my Amazon shopping list).

Sep 7, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #37,029 of 62,555
Reading again youre probably right. Probably just a typo, in which case I am not more tempted and may be keeping an eye on the price this fall (it is now in my Amazon shopping list).
My addiction is stronger than yours! Thank you for enabling me :L3000:. I just ordered them. EQ and volume control-- this is truly what I wanted in the first gen. If they added it and it works properly, should be awesome. I'll report back when I get them or at least do a post here as always:beerchug:.

Sep 7, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #37,030 of 62,555
My addiction is stronger than yours! Thank you for enabling me :L3000:. I just ordered them. EQ and volume control-- this is truly what I wanted in the first gen. If they added it and it works properly, should be awesome. I'll report back when I get them or at least do a post here as always:beerchug:.
Looking forward to your feedback. Glad I could help...

Sep 7, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #37,031 of 62,555
Maybe you should have ordered the AONIC 3 Gen 2 as well. You know while you were at it lol
As always, looking forward to hear your impression.

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #37,032 of 62,555
Maybe you should have ordered the AONIC 3 Gen 2 as well. You know while you were at it lol
As always, looking forward to hear your impression.
I'd aim higher!

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #37,033 of 62,555
Do any MMCX earbuds work with the Shure adapters, as long as they fit the case?

Or would you run into any issues if your IEMs differs vastly from Shure's line up in terms of. Sensitivity etc?

I really like the tiny form-factor of both the case and adapter.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #37,034 of 62,555
I don't know about that. I had the originals. They added hardware EQ, multifunction customization (which includes volume control), auto power on and more. Not having those three features alone were the reason I flipped mine on eBay. This new version is worth taking a look at. I've always love the feel of Shure IEMs.
Yes, better, but still would have liked a newer BT with a bit better battery life. As already stated, maybe more than topping out with aptX. I would like the case to be redone. Not sure why they didn't update the way they fit in the case and also get rid of the zipper. Worth taking a look but not sure I would buy till maybe a price drop and I would not get the 215 model just the adapters solo. Of course would be more interested if there were two-pin as well as MMCX.

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #37,035 of 62,555
Do any MMCX earbuds work with the Shure adapters, as long as they fit the case?

Or would you run into any issues if your IEMs differs vastly from Shires line up in terms of. Sensitivity etc?

I really like the tiny form-factor of both the case and adapter.
Yes, any MMCX IEMs will attach. The ones I tried made the adapters longer, but they did work perfectly. You mileage may vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back