Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 6, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #36,991 of 62,728
To be fair….. as an iPhone & Watch User I always had some issues with TWS - except the AirPods/Pro. The WF-XM3 was almost unusable for quite some time with the early firmwares. Everytime I unlock the phone with the „unlock with Apple Watch“ function I had a similar pop/clip - also with the EQ but not as bad as with the Sony back in the day. Maybe that’s one of the reason I don’t hear it that much as others….. I’m already used to this sound.

If it’s audible with ANC but not without the chances are good it get fixed by firmware at some point.

Sep 6, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #36,992 of 62,728
Now let’s try it with an android phone and with the H95 and later after the firmware update.

Sep 6, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #36,994 of 62,728
yeah, those two items is exactly how we have also been checking it (Volume/EQ). As @clerkpalmer mentioned, once you hear it you can't stop hearing it :frowning2: I emailed them yesterday again to see what they say about replicating it there as I have a bit of buffer yet before the return period expires. I have been talking with a couple folks in the head office, so we'll see.
I filled out the questionnaire today as well and sent them an email back even though mine have been returned. Truly hope they figure this out because they are very very nice.

Sep 6, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #36,995 of 62,728
Unfortunately I still can hear it after the update but as before only with the EQ’s EQ cranked up into the heights. If I listen with the usual Flossy preset it’s not present/audible.

I quickly tried it before the update on an android phone - OnePlus 7 Pro. I hear it there as well but a few seconds earlier (with AptX Adaptive). Also I noticed an annoying static sound at the beginning when the earbud switch on. This I don’t have on iOS at all.
As expected no issues with the H95.

Sep 6, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #36,996 of 62,728
Good news to all (European?) iPhone/iOS users….. the volume on the EQ is now higher.

Sep 6, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #36,997 of 62,728
Unfortunately I still can hear it after the update but as before only with the EQ’s EQ cranked up into the heights. If I listen with the usual Flossy preset it’s not present/audible.

I quickly tried it before the update on an android phone - OnePlus 7 Pro. I hear it there as well but a few seconds earlier (with AptX Adaptive). Also I noticed an annoying static sound at the beginning when the earbud switch on. This I don’t have on iOS at all.
As expected no issues with the H95.
Thanks for checking. I will post here when I hear back from them. Like you mentioned, it is probably something that will be fixed eventually with a Firmware update. Big question is whether to hold onto them while waiting. If they at least acknowledge it, I am probably good with keeping them in the stable. We'll see

Sep 6, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #36,998 of 62,728
Thanks for checking. I will post here when I hear back from them. Like you mentioned, it is probably something that will be fixed eventually with a Firmware update. Big question is whether to hold onto them while waiting. If they at least acknowledge it, I am probably good with keeping them in the stable. We'll see
I’ll report it too, the more people the better

Sep 6, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #37,000 of 62,728
Sep 6, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #37,001 of 62,728
FWIW my take would be to return them and purchase them again once it’s fixed, assuming they are able to fix it which is probably the case. If they don’t fix it in timely manner and you know it’s there you will have a hard time enjoying them.
Been there done that a few years ago with a phone that had a problem. Samsung was never able to fix it and I ended up getting rid of a great phone despite the promises to issue a fix.
Not a similar scenario but you got my point :)

Sep 6, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #37,002 of 62,728
Did the update and notice some erratic behavior on the B&O EQ , basically had to placed them back on the case and start to charge them via wired connection/not wireless ( as this creates a real disconnect from the phone-have experimented with the Klipsch ANC T5ii as it does the same). In any case I closed Tidal and Spotify prior to reconnecting and all erratic behavior is gone away.

Sep 6, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #37,003 of 62,728
TWS are becoming a problem as traditional IEM's :), current picture did not include my Grados as my son is using them

As of today,

On Sound:
  1. B&O
  2. Devialet
  3. STW2
  4. MW08
  5. AKG N400/PI7
On Noise Cancelling:
  1. Sony
  2. MW08
  3. STW2
  4. Devialet
  5. PI7
APP
  1. Sony
  2. CA MT
  3. B&O
  4. STW2
  5. AKG
Case
  1. B&O
  2. MW08
  3. Sony
  4. PI7
  5. CA MT

Which one has biggest soundstage in your colection excluding AZ70?? ( in both depth and width ) Thank you <3

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #37,004 of 62,728
Every time I listen to my XM4's they get more terrible each time.

Sep 6, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #37,005 of 62,728
Would you expand on what you mean on “eye opening” wrt comparison of the two? What becomes apparent? Thanks.

the no wing buds, I find if don’t lock in it’s the length of the bore tube itself that leads to the feeling of looseness. Things kind of flop on that axis. I liked how the final lock in my ears; but the bore tube is long enough that the MW08 and the Gemini would be more prone to flopping
The pi7 need aptxhd to shine. While excellent sounding, compared to the eq, they are not as smooth, lack some sparkle (no eq app) and sound a bit harsh in comparison. The EQ are tuned really really well. Some magic at work there. I might need to grab an h95.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back