Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 7, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #37,052 of 62,417
Received the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro +. Newer version looks identical to the predecessor but the logo is in bronze. I never owned the original L2P so this is from photos alone.
The fit is excellent and very comfortable. The Ambient mode is very good and sounds better than the CA MT.
I fiddled around with them a little and they sound good! EQ works well and the HearID in my case works well and I was able to customize the sound to my liking.
The sound, despite these having a hybrid setup with one Knowles BA and one dynamic (Coaxial?) driver while is good, I don't find it to be exceptional - this is just an early impression so take it with a grain of salt.
Compared to the CA MT they have a nicer app and so far it looks free of any bugs.
I need some more time to see which one I prefer; the CA MT or the Soundcore L2P+.
OK, initial impression is very positive.
If it matters to anyone, while the Ambient mode is more natural than the CA MT it doesn't amplify enough to my liking but it's sound very natural which is nice.
There is no touch control which feels very refreshing after dealing with the CA MT for a few days and almost rage quitting them lol
The Soundcore app is probably the best in the business, really good with many eq options.
Sound signature will please most people - still early for me to make any judgment but to my ears it sounds a little too 2D right out of the box but I'm giving them some more time to see how I feel about them after a few days.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #37,053 of 62,417
I had to return the PI7, the highs are superbly controlled, airy but not harsh. However, the amount of mid-bass is too much for me and it's annoying not being able to share a song with my wife. I am deciding between B&O EQ and MW08, can someone give me some advice? I usually listen to pop music with tempo, soft mid-bass not too strong and crispers, rich sub-bass, thick and sweet vocal, big soundstage, trebble whatever. Is that too greedy? Thanks everyone ^^
Like the EQ from a tuning perspective. But hearing some of your preference maybe the MW08 If you like design and hardware controls

Sep 8, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #37,056 of 62,417
I have both the EQs as well as the MW08S here at the moment.

What I can comfortably say is:

1. EQs sound better, although they need quite a bit of volume to shine (MW08s are louder in general). Not much headroom for the EQs but very good sound quality.

2. Fit is better on the MW08S for me and quite clearly so. More comfortable, less bulky, easier to quickly get in and out.

3. I prefer the buttons on the MW08S in comparison to the touch controls on the EQs. They are more complete and easily accessible. It's a real shame that you cannot skip tracks on the EQs (I mean why??). Also, the EQs don't have any voice prompts for ANC on/off and transparency etc which sometimes makes it hard to know which mode is activated when music is playing e.g.

4. Volume control especially is so much better on the MW08S. One Button for volume up and one for down with precise steps in between - that's it. On the EQs you have to tap twice and hold either the left or the right bud for changing the volume. It works but it is far from being precise. The steps are huge when upping or lowering the volume. So much so that I much prefer to do that on my phone actually!

5. The case for the EQs is very nice, though. Very small and compact and with a premium feel. The MW08S is also very premium but a bit bigger (but also probably less prone to scratches).

6. Battery life is clearly better on the MW08S. It's 12 vs 7.5 hours without ANC and roughly 10 vs 6.5 hours with ANC on. The battery in the case is also much better. No contest here. Both support charging via USB-C as well as wireless charging. The MW08S can charge quicker, though.

7. ANC is very good on the EQs, it's just a pity that it's either off or adaptive (when on). No real control about it - you have to rely on it working the way it is supposed to be in all situations and conditions. The MW08S have two modes (All Day ANC and Max) as well as ANC off. I usually use All Day ANC which seems sufficient for me.

All in all, the EQs sound a bit better and arguably have the even nicer case as well as better ANC but the MW08S are again (for me) the better overall package.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #37,057 of 62,417

1. EQs sound better, although they need quite a bit of volume to shine (MW08s are louder in general). Not much headroom for the EQs but very good sound quality.

2. Fit is better on the MW08S for me and quite clearly so. More comfortable, less bulky, easier to quickly get in and out.

3. I prefer the buttons on the MW08S in comparison to the touch controls on the EQs. They are more complete and easily accessible. It's a real shame that you cannot skip tracks on the EQs (I mean why??). Also, the EQs don't have any voice prompts for ANC on/off and transparency etc which sometimes makes it hard to know which mode is activated when music is playing e.g.

4. Volume control especially is so much better on the MW08S. One Button for volume up and one for down with precise steps in between - that's it. On the EQs you have to tap twice and hold either the left or the right bud for changing the volume. It works but it is far from being precise. The steps are huge when upping or lowering the volume. So much so that I much prefer to do that on my phone actually!

5. The case for the EQs is very nice, though. Very small and compact and with a premium feel. The MW08S is also very premium but a bit bigger (but also probably less prone to scratches).

6. Battery life is clearly better on the MW08S. It's 12 vs 7.5 hours without ANC and roughly 10 vs 6.5 hours with ANC on. The battery in the case is also much better. No contest here. Both support charging via USB-C as well as wireless charging. The MW08S can charge quicker, though.

7. ANC is very good on the EQs, it's just a pity that it's either off or adaptive (when on). No real control about it - you have to rely on it working the way it is supposed to be in all situations and conditions. The MW08S have two modes (All Day ANC and Max) as well as ANC off. I usually use All Day ANC which seems sufficient for me.

All in all, the EQs sound a bit better and arguably have the even nicer case as well as better ANC but the MW08S are again (for me) the better overall package.
Is there any major differences between the mw 08 and mw08s?

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #37,058 of 62,417
Is there any major differences between the mw 08 and mw08s?
Only better and lighter case + Wireless Charging + sapphire glas on the buds instead of ceramic (which also makes them a tiny but lighter and more scratch resistant). Plus they also come with additional comply tips. Sound and ANC is the same.

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #37,060 of 62,417
Sep 8, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #37,061 of 62,417

Very comprehensive. Thank a lot but just one more question plz. Which one have bigger soundstage ? (in both depth and width)

Sep 8, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #37,062 of 62,417
Very comprehensive. Thank a lot but just one more question plz. Which one have bigger soundstage ? (in both depth and width)
The EQs (with ANC off). With ANC on, the sound doesn’t change much but it feels a bit more congested to me. Still, the EQs are better in the sound department in general but the MW08S still sound very nice.

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #37,065 of 62,417
Aw thanks, so which parts make you recommend me this one??
My ears are too old and my tinnitus too loud for me to give you audiophile grade reviews. What I can tell you is that the EQ sounds very controlled to me in all areas. No bass boom, no sucked mids and the tonality is spot on. Someone reported a dip around 2k which can be picked up on the flat setting but remedied by the EQ. I have the dot moved slightly toward treble. They lean warm but not too warm and with the app you can dial them in almost anyway you like. They respond very well to the EQ adjustments in the app. There is a bass bump but it's done well. Versus the MW08, I still can't get over the boomy overwhelming nature of the low end that bleeds into the mids. It's hard to ignore - it does subside a bit if you use them in a noiser environment. The low end is loose. A tip change didn't really improve it for me. The MW08 don't sound any better to me that the MTs and maybe worse although the form factor, build and case are certainly stellar. The ANC is average. If you want bass cannons go for the MW08. If you want something a more all arounder, go for the EQ. I agree with others that the controls on the MW08 are far better but those things don't matter much to me. I use my phone for everything anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back