Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 1, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #36,856 of 62,167
I am going to ping B&O today and see what they have to say on what we have observed.
Got in touch with them and going to provide their research folks my observations and tracks (with timestamps) that I can easily identify and reproduce the issue in. If you want me to include something specific, send me a PM and I will include them in my correspondence. Also, trying to identify a problem with their application installing on my Android 9 Walkman, because it won't. Just a heads up if anyone is wanting to use a portable device.

Sep 1, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #36,857 of 62,167
So more thoughts on the CA MT since I have been using them for a couple of days now.

Had no connectivity issues once they are paired but not always they will pair automatically to my phone so I need to look into that to see why.
Ambient mode is OK but has hiccups. Once you are in ambient mode and the music has stopped I hear clipping which almost feels like it momentarily toggles between on/off - not a deal breaker but rather annoying as my Jabra from 2017 was doing it (which was later fixed with a FW update) so hoping CA can get this resolved.
The fit is good, not great for my ears but good enough. The stock ear fins can get rather uncomfortable but I may need to get used to it.
Sounds is solid, to my ears it's not a game changer but rather good enough. There wasn't any wow moment when I put them on and played music for the first time but they are very good for most scenarios. Still playing around with the equalizer though as I find them to get boomy on certain tracks, mostly pop and electronic music.
Phone calls and this may be the deal breaker - I'm unable to carry a conversation. People keep ask me to repeat myself of talk louder when switching to all other TWS that I currently have, they say I sound crystal clear. Not sure if maybe my unit has a defective mic but will need to look into that.
Try without the fins.

I get the clipping too in ambient mode. I don't use it so not a big deal for me.

I will post my eq later tonight that I find to sound the best imo.

I have been using them occasionally for phone calls and have not had any issues tbh. I keep the calling volume up and people can hear fine. I don't use zoom but regular phone calls btw - not sure if that matters.

Do you get the issue where the volume lowers automatically as soon as you play anything?? I got this RMA'd and the issue is still there. I'm wondering if it's my phone (Google pixel 3). It never happened with other tws though. It's unfortunate but I don't want to get it RMA'd again. Not a huge issue to raise the volume right away but just a bit annoying.

I am getting my epro tw00 delivered today so I can't wait to see how it is. I hope it is more comfortable and will post tonight how the sound is compared to the oem eartips.

Sep 1, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #36,858 of 62,167
Try without the fins.

I get the clipping too in ambient mode. I don't use it so not a big deal for me.

I will post my eq later tonight that I find to sound the best imo.

I have been using them occasionally for phone calls and have not had any issues tbh. I keep the calling volume up and people can hear fine. I don't use zoom but regular phone calls btw - not sure if that matters.

Do you get the issue where the volume lowers automatically as soon as you play anything?? I got this RMA'd and the issue is still there. I'm wondering if it's my phone (Google pixel 3). It never happened with other tws though. It's unfortunate but I don't want to get it RMA'd again. Not a huge issue to raise the volume right away but just a bit annoying.

I am getting my epro tw00 delivered today so I can't wait to see how it is. I hope it is more comfortable and will post tonight how the sound is compared to the oem eartips.
Thanks for the tips!
looking forward to see your eq and will give it a try.
The call quality is on regular calls, not on Zoom.
Yes, for volume goes down by itself.
I thought I was going crazy so luckily you mentioned that. On 3 different occasions and I took them out of the case and the moment the music started the volume decreased by itself. I cancelled the touch controls for now through the app to see if it makes any difference.

Sep 1, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #36,860 of 62,167
Hold on a second :) ...
1630516691759.png

"Qualcomm is greatly improving the data rate over its existing aptX (352kbps) and aptX HD (576kbps) codecs. In fact, it can even exceed Sony LDAC’s 990kbps data rate. Although, sustaining this high bandwidth is the key problem and one that Qualcomm says it has addressed thanks to end-to-end control and optimization of its radio stack via its Snapdragon Sound ecosystem. As such, Qualcomm notes Snapdragon Sound is a requirement for sustainable aptX Lossless and that it intends for all branded products to support the new codec going forward. Sadly, the new hardware requirements mean existing products are unlikely to be backwards compatible."

A good news bad news sort of thing.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #36,861 of 62,167
Got in touch with them and going to provide their research folks my observations and tracks (with timestamps) that I can easily identify and reproduce the issue in. If you want me to include something specific, send me a PM and I will include them in my correspondence. Also, trying to identify a problem with their application installing on my Android 9 Walkman, because it won't. Just a heads up if anyone is wanting to use a portable device.
That's so great, man. Thanks for taking that on. I'll give mine a listen for the day and see if I can pinpoint anything more definitive.

Sep 1, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #36,862 of 62,167
Also, update on my time with the SoundPeats H1:

I switched tips to some Comply Truegrips, and it tamed the bass down from waaayyyy too much and super bloated to being a bit tighter, but it's still very bassy in a way that I think a lot of people would enjoy, but it's not precisely my type of bass. But it helped the tonality of the bass come forward a tiny bit, so I can hear the bass strings in many songs with bass guitar, with the silicone tips even regular bass guitar almost sounded like an 808 or just a deep electronic bass lmao.

But my point being that except for that these sound really good. I hope more manufacturers start using dual and triple drivers in their earbuds because I can tell that it makes a pretty big difference in how clear the mids and highs sound despite the bass being as impactful as it is. After trying the Beoplay I thought it would be a pain going back to these and that they would make the music sound like crap, but honestly not the case at all. Some tracks sounded even better because they're very smooth and forgiving, so some less well-produced tracks sound good on these.
For the price I would easily recommend these for the ones who like thick bass but clear mids and highs. It's weird because I can't call them V-shaped exactly, or they aren't to my ears because it feels like the mids and highs are both similar in emphasis, it's just the bass that feels boosted.

I'm weirded out by Scarbir saying that these aren't for people who like bass when they're VERY bass heavy to me.

I agree that it misses a bit on the lowest of frequencies, but I have to think that he didn't have a good fit if he said that it's "gentle thumps you can just about feel", because they dominate the sound, however I agree on the rest, it could've been a lot tighter and had quicker decay, and I agree about just about everything else in the review.

Also the passive noise isolation from these are pretty insane and aren't that far from some of the ANC earbuds i've tried, but obviously not in comparison to the best-in-class.
Interesting. I didn't find the bass to be especially impactful first time around - the lower frequencies I listed as fast, tight and punchy, but the mid-bass sounded slightly congested on more complex tracks. Just re-listened to them with the Tanchjim Bass and Treble Enhancement tips and the bass is much heavier than I remember with both, maybe I used the wrong tracks to test but you're right, they definitely need to be EQ'd slightly.

Sep 1, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #36,863 of 62,167
Hold on a second :) ...
1630516691759.png
"Qualcomm is greatly improving the data rate over its existing aptX (352kbps) and aptX HD (576kbps) codecs. In fact, it can even exceed Sony LDAC’s 990kbps data rate. Although, sustaining this high bandwidth is the key problem and one that Qualcomm says it has addressed thanks to end-to-end control and optimization of its radio stack via its Snapdragon Sound ecosystem. As such, Qualcomm notes Snapdragon Sound is a requirement for sustainable aptX Lossless and that it intends for all branded products to support the new codec going forward. Sadly, the new hardware requirements mean existing products are unlikely to be backwards compatible."

A good news bad news sort of thing.
Well, hard to expect that all breakthroughs are going to be backwards compatible, though it is a pleasant surprise when they are! :xf_cool:

Sep 1, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #36,865 of 62,167
Well, hard to expect that all breakthroughs are going to be backwards compatible, though it is a pleasant surprise when they are! :xf_cool:
To me the bad news is more the Snapdragon requirement for proper lossless function. Since it be 2022 till we really see products they should be LE devices and the old aptX' will the micro USB of 2022 anyhow. The new codecs will be like USB C and the SBC', aptX' will be going the way of the dinosaur and disappear from the new earphones after a while. :)

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #36,866 of 62,167
Samsung via eBay has Samsung Galaxy Buds Live Wireless Headset (Certified Refurbished) on sale for $59.50 when you apply promo code SAVE15LABORDAY (apply in cart). Shipping is free. Both Mystic bronze and white are available. A 2 year Allstate comprehensive warranty is also included with a purchase.
Thanks for the tip. Ordered a black one (a few were also available) since I already have the white. Use these everyday for calls.

Sep 1, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #36,867 of 62,167
When you refer to less bulky?. I see B&O as the travel choice, the Gemini case is just to big.
The app on B&O also is an upgrade.
Just some additional thoughts, I am keeping both as I feel signature are different
I agree with you that the B&O app and smaller, more premium case are better than that of the Geminis. I just found the actual earbuds to be less bulky in the case of the Geminis.

Sep 1, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #36,868 of 62,167
Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #36,869 of 62,167
Sep 1, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #36,870 of 62,167
Are there any vendors making CIEM tips for popular TWS IEMs? I’d think the ideal setup would be to have a professional impression made and digitized and then a vendor that kept it on file and could make tips to clamp on whatever TWS buds come along. They’d have to careful not to block any mics and I supposed fitting in the charging case could be annoying unless they were designed to detach. Is there anything like this on the market?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back