Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 31, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #36,828 of 62,454
Just a quick comment about the Devialet. I have owned the B&W I7, and the Sony XM3s and 4. I had been using the AirPod pros for calls and audiobooks due to the superior ANC and solid user experience. Now, the Devialets have replaced the Airpods as my always carry IEMs. IMHO, the sound is comparable to the i7s, significantly better to me than the Sonys, and the phone calls and connectivity are very very good. I am not a bass head, but the depth and timber of the bass of the Devialets is very impressive. The Sonys were technically excellent, but the fit and sound quality tipped the balance against keeping them. I just had too many connectivity/dropping issues with the i7s.

Aug 31, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #36,829 of 62,454
Well, my short experience with the B&O Beoplay EQs confirms most of what others have said. Sound quality is, at best, marginally better than my Devialet Geminis. The Geminis have vastly better ANC, are less bulky, and fit my ears better. Unfortunately, the left bud on the Beoplay EQ died after a few hours of usage, cannot be factory reset, and will not charge - in fact, the charging indicator on the case keeps fluctuating, as if there is a short or something. These are going back to B&O for a refund, as even if they did work correctly, the sound quality improvement over the Gemini is not enough to justify the extra $100. Also, the EQs have very little volume headroom on my iPhone - they need to be at 80-90% for me, as opposed to needing to run the Gemini at 50-60%.
Bummer about the battery. It's funny how the Gemini were largely forgotten here for months have become a top 2 or 3 TWS. Certainly can't disagree with your decision on the EQs or the reasons behind them. I'm still trying to decide if the fit of the EQs is going to work for me. Some days they work okay, some days less okay. Depends on the activity. Kind of like Klipsch I wish they had just put the wings on them rather than saving the "sport" model for later.

Aug 31, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #36,830 of 62,454
New Jabras Incoming: Elite 7 and Elite 3... replacing the existing range.

Great... just when I was saying that I would love a 85t in a 75t body, they come with this... Elite 7 Pro. Return to longer stem (85t very short), round eartip (85t oval). + same vented design. "frequency-dependent pressure relief vents" what the f does that mean!? Still... downgrade from 12 to 6mm drivers. Hmm... I think an Elite 8 Pro will follow with larger drivers. Maybe the 7 Pro replaces the 75t. I just hope they DON'T return to oval eartips and short stem if there will be an 8 Pro.
https://www.emea.jabra.com/bluetooth-headsets/jabra-elite-7-pro

Seems like the Elite 3 replaces the 65t. No ANC and no vents. Closed design with "big" bass.
https://www.emea.jabra.com/bluetooth-headsets/jabra-elite-3##100-91410700-98

And the 7 Active is... well, active-oriented
https://www.emea.jabra.com/bluetooth-headsets/jabra-elite-7-active

Aug 31, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #36,831 of 62,454
Bummer about the battery. It's funny how the Gemini were largely forgotten here for months have become a top 2 or 3 TWS. Certainly can't disagree with your decision on the EQs or the reasons behind them. I'm still trying to decide if the fit of the EQs is going to work for me. Some days they work okay, some days less okay. Depends on the activity. Kind of like Klipsch I wish they had just put the wings on them rather than saving the "sport" model for later.
I only hear distortion in my left earbud during the first 20 seconds of this track:

Zero distortion on the same track when using my Klipsch.

Also, tried the same Scorpions track @BooleanBones suggested using the Klipsch and still hear the sound he referenced so I’m guessing it’s in the source in the situation.

But this is interesting, I just tried the same 20 seconds on the above track with my Gemini and I hear the distortion. Evidently whatever processing is inside the Klipsch buds is filtering out that distortion. I don’t know what’s going on with all these buds anymore!

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #36,832 of 62,454
I only hear distortion in my left earbud during the first 20 seconds of this track:

Zero distortion on the same track when using my Klipsch.

Also, tried the same Scorpions track @BooleanBones suggested using the Klipsch and still hear the sound he referenced so I’m guessing it’s in the source in the situation.

But this is interesting, I just tried the same 20 seconds on the above track with my Gemini and I hear the distortion. Evidently whatever processing is inside the Klipsch buds is filtering out that distortion. I don’t know what’s going on with all these buds anymore!
I hear ya. It's mesmerizing that you can hear oddities clearly on one track then the next 5 or 6 are crystal clear. I consistently get popping on the start of that Lisa Stansfield song, which my Sony's do not pick up. Think I will check the same on my Walkman later today to see if it does the same.

Aug 31, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #36,833 of 62,454
New Jabras Incoming: Elite 7 and Elite 3... replacing the existing range.

1630423079117.png

Shut up. Just shut up. You had me at "Jabra." You had me at "Jabra."

Exciting. I always liked Jabra's products as they are very reliable and sound good in recent years.
This also means the Elite 85t may go down in price.... :D

Intrigued with the "MultiSensor Voice technology with a bone-conduction sensor, four microphones and intelligent algorithms to deliver new "ground-breaking call quality," description of the Pro's. I live on Jabber VOIP work calls and Jabra has been losing ground to Sammy and Apple in this regard more recently so I really hope this is true.

Aug 31, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #36,835 of 62,454
Aug 31, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #36,837 of 62,454
Aug 31, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #36,838 of 62,454
Exciting. I always liked Jabra's products as they are very reliable and sound good in recent years.
This also means the Elite 85t may go down in price.... :D

Jabra will be much more interesting this time around since the AAC codec will be implemented in the upcoming H2 Windows update, so they will be useable with your PC as well.

Aug 31, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #36,839 of 62,454
Jabra will be much more interesting this time around since the AAC codec will be implemented in the upcoming H2 Windows update, so they will be useable with your PC as well.
Wouldnt you just use aptX instead? Some articles state that they will have aptX HD so hopefully they licensed aptX as well, which Windows already supports.

Edit: what I really hope they do is allow you to use each bud independently and swap between left and right side only seamlessly during a call (without disconnecting/reconnecting). Galaxy Buds Live do this really well regardless of whether I am using it for a phone call (V60 or Oneplus 8T) or Zoom on PC. The fact that previous Jabra models could not do this was a the reason why I did not buy them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back