Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 13, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #36,226 of 62,419
And it’s not like I haven’t been using IEM since the Shure E5s
I use the XL tips, put them in my ears, spin the bud back and pull out a little. Sound like a lot but it works. Also, you should call Klipsch, they can send you the wingtips. I bet that helps. They do help make them snug. They sent me a set for free.

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #36,227 of 62,419
I use the XL tips, put them in my ears, spin the bud back and pull out a little. Sound like a lot but it works. Also, you should call Klipsch, they can send you the wingtips. I bet that helps. They do help make them snug. They sent me a set for free.
Yeah, I bet they would…they sent me the foams, no problem. Very nice customer service experience. Thanks for the advice on the twist. I’m sure I tried the twist, but maybe not with the XL.

Aug 13, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #36,230 of 62,419
Technically there is a difference. As for real world, it depends on some things. Your ears are the most important. Some people can't hear a difference between a 320 mp3 file and redbook (16/44) or even better. It also depends on the device. It may be tuned in such a way that you would never hear the difference.

If you have a really revealing set of headphones, and some really good gear (for instance), you are more likely to hear the difference in the quality of a file than if you are trying to tell with, say, skullcandy IEMs. Obviously this is pretty extreme, but you get the point.

But on paper, the difference is very real. It also depends on the implementation of those codecs as to how well they "fool" your ears into thinking that all the information is still there. Either way, both codecs are lossy, so some data gets tossed out. Hope that helps a little anyhow?!
Agreed… tried the AAC codec in the Sony wf 1000xm3 and also tried the DSEE turned on but I can’t find the difference between the both… may be it’s the perception makes the difference 😅

Aug 13, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #36,231 of 62,419
Agreed… tried the AAC codec in the Sony wf 1000xm3 and also tried the DSEE turned on but I can’t find the difference between the both… may be it’s the perception makes the difference 😅

with DSEE turned on, the change that i hear is a bit of extra "sizzle" or sparkle on the top treble, but i ended up not ever using it again because it iritates my ears in longer listening, not to mention the huge drop of the battery life

Aug 13, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #36,233 of 62,419
How do the 1+ compare to the touch, now that both have been out for a while and have gone through multiple firmware updates?

Also, is there any serious news that CA is making a new line with anc? I have Jabra 65t but want better sound and anc. The only thing I like about them is the comfort, which is why I got off the Galaxy buds pro a while back

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #36,234 of 62,419
Sound-wise I just find the M1+ meet my preferences, and as I noted, I prefer foam for in-ears when possible. I just could not get the MTs to fit properly. And while the M1+ Offer no ANC, they seal outside sound just fine. If you find the right tips, the M1+ will be fine for runners (someone asked about that earlier.
My sad story is I somehow lost my M1+, just yesterday. Looked high and low. Mind freeze where I put them or they may have fallen out of my pocket in the case when I was out. I had them with me. Just ordered a new pair for $99 on Amazon. Stuff happens I guess. Arriving Tuesday.

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #36,235 of 62,419
How do the 1+ compare to the touch, now that both have been out for a while and have gone through multiple firmware updates?

Also, is there any serious news that CA is making a new line with anc? I have Jabra 65t but want better sound and anc. The only thing I like about them is the comfort, which is why I got off the Galaxy buds pro a while back
I don't own the 1+, but looking at the pics and specs, the 1+ are shaped more like the M 1, but have tech like the MT. They have the clicky buttons instead of the touch found on the MT. They have ANC where the MT has "hear through" mode. These also fit more like IEMs than the MT which basically sit ON your ear canal, rather that insert into them. They both use the same app AFAIK?!

If you like really deep sub-bass, these might not be for you, as they only go down to 100Hz (according to the specs). But they last for something like 9 hours one charge, and 45 with the case... Other than those things, I don't know the differences in sound, or the quality of the ANC, etc...

Edit: My bad, they do not have ANC, it has noise cancellation of the mics (apparently for when you are on calls)...

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #36,236 of 62,419
Sound-wise I just find the M1+ meet my preferences, and as I noted, I prefer foam for in-ears when possible. I just could not get the MTs to fit properly. And while the M1+ Offer no ANC, they seal outside sound just fine. If you find the right tips, the M1+ will be fine for runners (someone asked about that earlier.
My sad story is I somehow lost my M1+, just yesterday. Looked high and low. Mind freeze where I put them or they may have fallen out of my pocket in the case when I was out. I had them with me. Just ordered a new pair for $99 on Amazon. Stuff happens I guess. Arriving Tuesday
I don't own the 1+, but looking at the pics and specs, the 1+ are shaped more like the M 1, but have tech like the MT. They have the clicky buttons instead of the touch found on the MT. They have ANC where the MT has "hear through" mode. These also fit more like IEMs than the MT which basically sit ON your ear canal, rather that insert into them. They both use the same app AFAIK?!

If you like really deep sub-bass, these might not be for you, as they only go down to 100Hz (according to the specs). But they last for something like 9 hours one charge, and 45 with the case... Other than those things, I don't know the differences in sound, or the quality of the ANC, etc...

Edit: My bad, they do not have ANC, it has noise cancellation of the mics (apparently for when you are on calls)...
I wish I was more adept describing the differences, but it just came down to fit, form and most of all I reached for the M1+ almost every time because I found the sound more to my liking. I owned the M1 as well. Gave them to a good friend. He sent me a nice bottle of French champagne! Loves them. The MT and M1+ both use the same app, but the latter have had fewer FW updates.

Aug 14, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #36,240 of 62,419
I'd use it more if I didn't have to go through so many steps, first you gotta tap once to pause the music and then tap another 3 times to enable ambient mode.

I wish CA would give us the option to automaticaly pause the music when ambient mode is enabled, and fully customizable controls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back