Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 13, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #36,211 of 62,436
I

Four attempts already, including one over Facebook. Zero response. Very disappointing. Don't get me wrong: these Between Pro's sound amazing, but had I known this I would have gone with some other brand.
Sad to hear that. I have the Between Pro and like them too, no hiccups so far. But no response from them? Not good. I paid $75 on the first wave so not a major issue should they malfunction, but even so ...

Aug 13, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #36,212 of 62,436
I just saw that. I am already a big fan of this model (after owning the original M1s). I am almost tempted to buy a backup pair, but I don't really need it! Plus, I have the UE Fits on order. This is a disease, no other way to assess it. Anyway, I find the M1+ to be a great match for my needs. I like the click function (as opposed to the touch) and they fit perfectly with the small or medium foam tips (CA only offers two sizes of OEM foams, oddly). I don't use the silicone tips, never have. If you get them, you always have the 30-day return factor with Amazon. I purchased 10 pair of foam tips from CA (via Amazon) and honestly, with a bit of hydrogen peroxide and some water, they clean up to like new. So I overbought.
I’m so jealous that you got them to fit so well. I tried and just couldn’t get them to work. What I heard sounded really nice, though.

Aug 13, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #36,213 of 62,436
Anyone having issues getting an android phone to get proper volume out of bluetooth headphones? For awhile things were fine and the volume was more than sufficient. Lately though, with the volume maxxed on the phone AND the apps its very hard to hear.

Aug 13, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #36,214 of 62,436
I just saw that. I am already a big fan of this model (after owning the original M1s). I am almost tempted to buy a backup pair, but I don't really need it! Plus, I have the UE Fits on order. This is a disease, no other way to assess it. Anyway, I find the M1+ to be a great match for my needs. I like the click function (as opposed to the touch) and they fit perfectly with the small or medium foam tips (CA only offers two sizes of OEM foams, oddly). I don't use the silicone tips, never have. If you get them, you always have the 30-day return factor with Amazon. I purchased 10 pair of foam tips from CA (via Amazon) and honestly, with a bit of hydrogen peroxide and some water, they clean up to like new. So I overbought.
Yea I bit. I was contemplating on waiting til Black Friday but at $99 is still a great price 👍 Yup and I can always return them with Amazon's 30-day policy.

Aug 13, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #36,216 of 62,436
Possible v3 is coming down the pipe?
Last time the M1 were discounted was just before the M1+ made their debut on Amazon.
Price cut globally as of last night, good timing too since I had just complained to them about the competitiveness, or lack thereof.

Buds 1.jpg
Buds 3.jpg
Frequency response.jpg

Also just finished testing the new Cleer Roam NC, Qualcomm QCC3046 (BT 5.2, ANC, ambient mode) for $60:

Packaging 7.jpg
Buds 1.jpg
Frequency response.jpg

Aug 13, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #36,217 of 62,436
Price cut globally as of last night, good timing too since I had just complained to them about the competitiveness, or lack thereof.

Buds 1.jpg Buds 3.jpgFrequency response.jpg

Also just finished testing the new Cleer Roam NC, Qualcomm QCC3046 (BT 5.2, ANC, ambient mode) for $60:

Packaging 7.jpg Buds 1.jpg Frequency response.jpg

Still full MSRP on their website and Amazon Canada...
How's the Cleer Roam?

Aug 13, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #36,218 of 62,436
Still full MSRP on their website and Amazon Canada...
How's the Cleer Roam?
Will happen later today, I had the same question and was told the Americas teams are just getting to work now etc.

Cleer Roam is okay, only reason to consider it is the $60. App is better on iOS than Android, ANC has real bad pressure differential. Ambient mode works well, touch controls are trigger happy. Mid-bass and lower mids are decent, even as someone who isn't really a bass guy much.

Aug 13, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #36,219 of 62,436
Sad to hear that. I have the Between Pro and like them too, no hiccups so far. But no response from them? Not good. I paid $75 on the first wave so not a major issue should they malfunction, but even so ...
Just got a response on FB. No idea what took them so long, but apparently the warranty on my BP’s is extended for an extra 6 months (the reason I tried to contact them). So all good. For now 😉

Aug 13, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #36,220 of 62,436
Hello Guys,
Is there a real difference between the LDAC and the AAC codec? In my testing i cant find a big difference and literally i don't even find a single difference! Whats your view on this guys?
FWIW I cannot hear a difference between the two during a quick non-blinded test. Both were streaming Apple Music Lossless on a LG V40 to a Qudelix 5K + Sony IER-M9 at the same volume. LDAC was set to optimize for audio quality/96Khz with the rest of the settings left on default. The only time I could a difference was when the connection dropped for a while using LDAC :)

Last time I tried a similar test (NPR audio quality test using 320kbps VBR mp3 vs uncompressed WAV wired), I was able to pick the WAV >50% of the time but honestly explain the difference I was hearing in words. I have been able to discern between 256kbps AAC (on Apple devices) vs high bit rate SBC but thats about it as far as other bluetooth codecs go.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #36,221 of 62,436
Anyone having issues getting an android phone to get proper volume out of bluetooth headphones? For awhile things were fine and the volume was more than sufficient. Lately though, with the volume maxxed on the phone AND the apps its very hard to hear.
Have you tried disabling (or enabling, whichever is the opposite of what it is set to right now on your phone) "Absolute Volume" in your developer's settings?

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #36,222 of 62,436
I’m so jealous that you got them to fit so well. I tried and just couldn’t get them to work. What I heard sounded really nice, though.
I just find the foam to be perfect, both in material and fit. So it's like ANC for the most part. Sorry they didn't work for you. Someone posted on Amazon or another site that they went to the smallest silicone and that worked for some reason. They would not have tried the smalls. Weird.

Aug 13, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #36,223 of 62,436
I just find the foam to be perfect, both in material and fit. So it's like ANC for the most part. Sorry they didn't work for you. Someone posted on Amazon or another site that they went to the smallest silicone and that worked for some reason. They would not have tried the smalls. Weird.
I think I have weird ear canals, can’t get the Klipsch to sit well, either. Or I don’t know how to use these things 😳

my Klipsch foam arrive tomorrow, else guess I may be stuck using the PI7

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back