Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 12, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #36,181 of 62,437
One month in and the left bud died on my Creative OutlierAir v2. :unamused:

It won't charge, there's no flashing lights, nothing. So I returned them today for a refund. I must say, while they worked, whenever I connected them, the voice in the right bud would say 'pairing successful' followed by the voice in the left bud saying 'pairing failed'. I never understood this, yet they always worked fine even though it said failed. I'm wondering if it was a faulty left bud from the very start and now it's died. Or maybe the bud still works and perhaps there's a fault with the charging pins in the case.

Hmm, thing is. I really like them and not sure I'd find the same sound and the extra long battery life for this price with another brand. Does anyone think I'd be mad to rebuy them and maybe I'll get lucky with a second pair? As it happens, the price on Amazon has now come down £6 which would be a bonus.

Aug 12, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #36,182 of 62,437
One month in and the left bud died on my Creative OutlierAir v2. :unamused:

It won't charge, there's no flashing lights, nothing. So I returned them today for a refund. I must say, while they worked, whenever I connected them, the voice in the right bud would say 'pairing successful' followed by the voice in the left bud saying 'pairing failed'. I never understood this, yet they always worked fine even though it said failed. I'm wondering if it was a faulty left bud from the very start and now it's died. Or maybe the bud still works and perhaps there's a fault with the charging pins in the case.

Hmm, thing is. I really like them and not sure I'd find the same sound and the extra long battery life for this price with another brand. Does anyone think I'd be mad to rebuy them and maybe I'll get lucky with a second pair? As it happens, the price on Amazon has now come down £6 which would be a bonus.

There is the V3 now with a bio-cellulose driver and new features but they did drop aptX.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #36,183 of 62,437
Galaxy buds 2 for only 110 EUR from Amazon Italy! Slightly longer delivery time tho compared to other retailers.

But an amazing price for a new pair of tws! I'm seriously considering Buds 2 + Galaxy Watch 4 LTE for music streaming without needing to bring my phone.

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B0999CD1HL/?tag=oid05-21

Discount code: BUDS50

Not sure if Samsung on Amazon.it ships to whole EU but worked for me located in Sweden.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #36,184 of 62,437
There is the V3 now with a bio-cellulose driver and new features but they did drop aptX.

Oh thanks, I didn't know about these. I'm not sure if I need or would miss aptx or not. I'm out at the moment but will watch that video you linked later.

Aug 12, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #36,185 of 62,437
Oh thanks, I didn't know about these. I'm not sure if I need or would miss aptx or not. I'm out at the moment but will watch that video you linked later.
If your AAC implementation is good enough or you usually don't listen to hi-res stuff, doubt you'll really notice a difference. Those look pretty darn nice for the price. Maybe karma handed you an upgrade path :)

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #36,186 of 62,437
If your AAC implementation is good enough or you usually don't listen to hi-res stuff, doubt you'll really notice a difference. Those look pretty darn nice for the price. Maybe karma handed you an upgrade path :)
Well with my Mpow M30 buds, I don't think they have aptx, just SBC and to be honest, audio sync is better with the Mpow than the Creative. I think you're right about karma, I just went ahead and bought the latest v3. :D

£54.99 direct from Creative.com as a promotional offer so £10 less than their RRP, and free delivery! I was expecting them to be much more expensive considering I bought the v2 for £69. It's a pre-order so they don't ship until 24th September with estimated delivery 28th September - 1st October. That's so long to wait, lol!

The design of the shells have been made flatter and will sit more flush in the ears so that's good. The silicone tips appear to be a more standardised round shape than the v2, I just hope that doesn't change the punch of the bass. They've added more overall battery life but a single charge is 2 hours less at 10 hours (that's with no ambient mode or ANR) instead of 12. I never tested how long the v2 actually lasted on a single charge and never used them for anywhere near that long in a single sitting, but if these keep going for 9 or 10 hours that'll be plenty.

I'll be interested to hear how bio cellulose drivers differ in sound signature from the graphene drivers. Probably a silly question, but I use TWS with my TV every day as well as with my phone, so I guess I won't be able to make any use of EQ from the Creative or SXFI app when paired with the tv, and it will be just the default buds sound, right?

Anyway, excited to get them now. :)

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #36,187 of 62,437

Bio-cellulose. That is all.

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #36,188 of 62,437
Is this the new buzzword? I barely got used to LCP...these things change too quickly.

I tease, I tease. Curious, though, about the tuning. I do have Creative's Pebble v2 desktop speakers (last gen before they went USB-C in) and they're a real treat to use while working. They're pretty good near-field speakers, especially if you're only using a laptop as is. But I digress...

Still thoroughly enjoying the Melomania Touch; I do recommend folks clear their app cache (if they can) and try the EQ trick I suggested. My ears are happy with them; at this point, I'm so shell-shocked from the round of debates that I probably forgot what the original tuning was, anyway.

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #36,189 of 62,437
Is this the new buzzword? I barely got used to LCP...these things change too quickly.

I tease, I tease. Curious, though, about the tuning. I do have Creative's Pebble v2 desktop speakers (last gen before they went USB-C in) and they're a real treat to use while working. They're pretty good near-field speakers, especially if you're only using a laptop as is. But I digress...

Still thoroughly enjoying the Melomania Touch; I do recommend folks clear their app cache (if they can) and try the EQ trick I suggested. My ears are happy with them; at this point, I'm so shell-shocked from the round of debates that I probably forgot what the original tuning was, anyway.
On Android, how do we clear the app cache? Thanks in advance!

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #36,190 of 62,437
It varies from skin to skin, but the general idea will be in the spoiler below:

Screenshot_20210812-135217__01.jpg
Screenshot_20210812-135233__01.jpg
Screenshot_20210812-135247__01.jpg
Screenshot_20210812-135256__01.jpg
Screenshot_20210812-135305.jpg
Screenshot_20210812-135309__01.jpg
Screenshot_20210812-135315__01.jpg

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #36,191 of 62,437

Well, for Creative their two most well regarded products ever had Fosters/Fostex bio-cell drivers so it means something to them and Creative fans. Not that this one is either made by a quality Japanese driver OEM or that good. But many might say they hope the change from the graphene to bio-cellulose will be where they put the money and not into the aptX codec. It is a little bigger 5.6mm to 6mm for the new driver.

Not sure what is meant by "that is all"? Seems like they have an app now, Qi, ambient, ANC, a second pair of mics which the comparison chart shows the V1, V2, and Gold didn't have.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #36,192 of 62,437
Well, for Creative there two most well regarded products ever had Fosters/Fostex bio-cell drivers so it means something to them and Creative fans. Not that this one is either made by a quality Japanese driver OEM or that good. But many might say they hope the change from the graphene to bio-cellulose will be where they put the money and not into the aptX codec. It is a little bigger 5.6mm to 6mm for the new driver.
Of course, and apologies if that sounded like a knock against Creative; they've been around for a very long time and do tuning, well, creatively (couldn't resist). I don't doubt they sound very impressive for their respective price and it should be a nice, agreeable, consumer-focused tune.

Aug 12, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #36,193 of 62,437
I usually long press the app --> App Info --> Storage & cache --> Clear Cache

Can also get there from Settings --> Apps & Notifications --> See all [X] apps --> [app name] --> Storage & cache --> Clear Cache

i am on Android 11 but should be similar if you are on a different version.

Aug 12, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #36,194 of 62,437
So I received the Galaxy Buds Live and I'm not too impressed...well they're ok but the SQ isn't as good as the X12s TBH, a bit "murky", the fit is good (using the small "tabs" as the large ones give me a sound imbalance). The ANC does work...a bit. But I was mostly getting them hoping that there would be less wind noise when bike riding than with the X12s and it's not the case. Makes sense since the air they let through to let you stay aware of your surroundings will "accelerate" when riding and become annoying. They're going back.

Aug 12, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #36,195 of 62,437
Of course, and apologies if that sounded like a knock against Creative; they've been around for a very long time and do tuning, well, creatively (couldn't resist). I don't doubt they sound very impressive for their respective price and it should be a nice, agreeable, consumer-focused tune.
It really mostly matters to DRuM in the end if that is the choice and maybe we will hear how they turned out. I have not been to keen on Creative in recent times but I did recently buy the Jam V2 and they did a solid job on it and gave a nice faeture set for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back