Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 12, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #36,196 of 62,122
Well, for Creative their two most well regarded products ever had Fosters/Fostex bio-cell drivers so it means something to them and Creative fans. Not that this one is either made by a quality Japanese driver OEM or that good. But many might say they hope the change from the graphene to bio-cellulose will be where they put the money and not into the aptX codec. It is a little bigger 5.6mm to 6mm for the new driver.

Not sure what is meant by "that is all"? Seems like they have an app now, Qi, ambient, ANC, a second pair of mics which the comparison chart shows the V1, V2, and Gold didn't have.
It was just a dumb joke. Every company has their tech buzz words. I found it to be amusing. Bio-Cellulose essentially means "fat." I had the first gen of Creative's TWS. They were good. Battery was excellent. Fit was spot on and very much like the Bragi Dash (which I truly loved). Although, I didn't think the build quality was great on the V1. But that's just me. Curious to see what V3 brings. Creative bought Cambridge Soundworks years ago. CS was started by Henry Kloss. GREAT company out of Massachusetts. I was obsessed with their surround sound systems. Incredible quality. Random thoughts...

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #36,197 of 62,122
So I received the Galaxy Buds Live and I'm not too impressed...well they're ok but the SQ isn't as good as the X12s TBH, a bit "murky", the fit is good (using the small "tabs" as the large ones give me a sound imbalance). The ANC does work...a bit. But I was mostly getting them hoping that there would be less wind noise when bike riding than with the X12s and it's not the case. Makes sense since the air they let through to let you stay aware of your surroundings will "accelerate" when riding and become annoying. They're going back.
I mostly use the Galaxy Buds Live for calls (almost exclusively actually) and they have been fantastic for that. I just use one ear when riding my bike since it does let in wind noise and I like to be aware of everything around me. They are there more for making sure I dont miss calls and having some background music on. Definitely not something I got for ANC or listening to music (have others for that) but at current sale prices, I keep getting tempted to pick up a second set. I probably had 7 hours of calls today (Zoom and phone) and they are great for that.

Aug 12, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #36,198 of 62,122
No emojis but I wasn't thinking anything negative at all by either post I quoted. Though I wasn't if you were talking about the driver or the earphones there. :)

Aug 12, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #36,200 of 62,122
I usually long press the app --> App Info --> Storage & cache --> Clear Cache

Can also get there from Settings --> Apps & Notifications --> See all [X] apps --> [app name] --> Storage & cache --> Clear Cache

i am on Android 11 but should be similar if you are on a different version.
Yup! I just searched for the app in settings and then cleared the cache. The long press method was even easier :)

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #36,201 of 62,122
It really mostly matters to DRuM in the end if that is the choice and maybe we will hear how they turned out. I have not been to keen on Creative in recent times but I did recently buy the Jam V2 and they did a solid job on it and gave a nice faeture set for the price.
Oh definitely I'll report back about them in around 6 weeks when they're shipped.

Aug 13, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #36,202 of 62,122
Bud, I don't think it's fair of you to dictate what a company can and can't do. If you want to have that sort of decision-making power, it's a lot easier to do at the helm of your own company. If you don't like this as an approach, that's fine, but you're speaking in absolutes and that's incredibly naive. Thanks for your perspective, but I don't appreciate the tone.
Except he's right and you're wrong.

Sennheiser changed the sound of the MTW2 with firmware but made it a setting you could toggle on and off so it was an option. This is the way.

Imagine buying, keeping and having the MT for the SQ and the company goes and changes it significantly after your return period or perhaps even when the warranty period is over. That's just bad.

Is it their right to run the company like that? Sure. It's also a poor way to run a business. And there is nothing wrong with calling that out either.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #36,203 of 62,122
Are you using them with ANC or Ambient mode on, or have those modes off? The bass response if very different if you aren't using either one of those. Deeper stronger, but still clean if you have ANC or ambient mode on. Lacking with them off, for me personally
Anc is pretty much always on. And I like the bass boost we setting :wink: this bass is really smooth even in turbo mode.
Have not dared go running with them yet. Concerned about fit and sweat.

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #36,204 of 62,122
Apologies in advance if all of what I am about to say has already been covered. I struggle to keep up with this thread :sweat_smile:

I have been enjoying the MT the most with the new "Immersive" preset. I guess that is because they have essentially just relabeled the previous "Balanced" preset with "immersive" based on the 2.1.9 release notes:
  • EQ preset previously named Balanced has been renamed Immersive, the EQ remains unchanged and is the default after a firmware update
It does seem to accentuate the upper mids a bit more than Balanced mode on pre 2.1.7 but like @miserybeforethemusic I've also been battling a cold/sinus thing so I don't fully trust my ears right now.

One thing I notice that is VERY interesting is that if you make a custom EQ setting that is identical to the immersive preset the sound is extremely different. The upper mids are way more sucked out than on the immersive preset. However, if you make a change to the immersive preset and then change it back to it's default setting and save it as one of your custom pre-sets it sounds identical to the immersive preset. I took the immersive preset and lowered the band between mid/high down to zero and saved that as a preset. That preserves the sound of the immersive, but if I have a track that is a little shouty I can bump it down just a bit. Interesting to play around with to say the least and goes to show there is more than just the 5 band EQ visible to the user that is happening with the presets.

I'd encourage everyone to try the immersive preset and see what you think. Like I said, I'm very much enjoying it and take this with a grain of salt due to my sinus issues, but I think I like it more than than pre 2.1.7 with Balanced preset.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #36,205 of 62,122
I mostly use the Galaxy Buds Live for calls (almost exclusively actually) and they have been fantastic for that. I just use one ear when riding my bike since it does let in wind noise and I like to be aware of everything around me. They are there more for making sure I dont miss calls and having some background music on. Definitely not something I got for ANC or listening to music (have others for that) but at current sale prices, I keep getting tempted to pick up a second set. I probably had 7 hours of calls today (Zoom and phone) and they are great for that.
True, I forgot to mention that but they sounded great (and I suppose I sounded ok since I had no comments) when I used them for a call yesterday. I'll keep on using them a bit before I decide to keep them or not. I definitely need to do a run with them as they do seem to be more comfortable than the X12s that I've found a bit fiddly/unsecure since I stopped using foam covers (they stayed wet and corroded the charging contacts on the case !).

Aug 13, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #36,207 of 62,122
Hello Guys,
Is there a real difference between the LDAC and the AAC codec? In my testing i cant find a big difference and literally i don't even find a single difference! Whats your view on this guys?
Technically there is a difference. As for real world, it depends on some things. Your ears are the most important. Some people can't hear a difference between a 320 mp3 file and redbook (16/44) or even better. It also depends on the device. It may be tuned in such a way that you would never hear the difference.

If you have a really revealing set of headphones, and some really good gear (for instance), you are more likely to hear the difference in the quality of a file than if you are trying to tell with, say, skullcandy IEMs. Obviously this is pretty extreme, but you get the point.

But on paper, the difference is very real. It also depends on the implementation of those codecs as to how well they "fool" your ears into thinking that all the information is still there. Either way, both codecs are lossy, so some data gets tossed out. Hope that helps a little anyhow?!

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #36,208 of 62,122
I
Anybody got any experience with the Status customer service? Send them three e-mails over the last weeks, but no response. Big difference with the helpdesk from Cambridge Audio, which is excellent.
Four attempts already, including one over Facebook. Zero response. Very disappointing. Don't get me wrong: these Between Pro's sound amazing, but had I known this I would have gone with some other brand.

Aug 13, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #36,210 of 62,122
Melomania 1+ is $99 on Amazon right now hmmm 🤔.....I guess I'll bite?
I just saw that. I am already a big fan of this model (after owning the original M1s). I am almost tempted to buy a backup pair, but I don't really need it! Plus, I have the UE Fits on order. This is a disease, no other way to assess it. Anyway, I find the M1+ to be a great match for my needs. I like the click function (as opposed to the touch) and they fit perfectly with the small or medium foam tips (CA only offers two sizes of OEM foams, oddly). I don't use the silicone tips, never have. If you get them, you always have the 30-day return factor with Amazon. I purchased 10 pair of foam tips from CA (via Amazon) and honestly, with a bit of hydrogen peroxide and some water, they clean up to like new. So I overbought.

But at $99, I think the M1+ is a steal. I mean, if you can get them to fit properly. They do come with some foam tips in both sizes. The original M1 only came in small, I believe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back