Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 8, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #33,961 of 62,423
One thing I like the sound of is the automatic pause music when people talk to you mode. I’m blind on my right side and I’ve lost count of the times I’ve had a near heart attack after someones come up to me on that side. Do any other tws have that option?

Jun 8, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #33,962 of 62,423
From measurements I'd probably say veiled might be a good way to describe the bass. But I haven't heard them, but basing that one the small snippets of that Ars review.

One thing I like the sound of is the automatic pause music when people talk to you mode. I’m blind on my right side and I’ve lost count of the times I’ve had a near heart attack after someones come up to me on that side. Do any other tws have that option?
I think Sony is the first to do this one. Apple does have a new upcoming feature that will isolate all sound except the person talking in front of you though which seems pretty cool. No auto-pause for that though.

Jun 8, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #33,963 of 62,423
Sounds Sony dark to me: heavy on the midbass, treble rolled off too early. Favors impact over texture/detail. Some people like that signature, but I'm too much of a resolution freak.
I think use case is a big thing here - for on the go, don’t care too much about resolution.

For me to upgrade - need some real life here about fit. After using mine today, I get fatigued after a couple of hours.

Jun 8, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #33,964 of 62,423
I felt the exact opposite of the cx400bt sound. I tried them for a month and felt they had great sound. You sure you had good isolation and tried a variety of music? They were very uncomfortable though so I returned them
Oh yeah, they fit well and sealed well, but the sound without EQ was terrible. Once I set the EQ in the app to about 80% treble boost, minus 20% mid and neutral bass, they sounded good. But I don't like relying on tweaked systems so I returned them. Gotta sound good outside of any EQ tweaking for me to keep them.

Jun 8, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #33,965 of 62,423
Sounds Sony dark to me: heavy on the midbass, treble rolled off too early. Favors impact over texture/detail. Some people like that signature, but I'm too much of a resolution freak.
Does Sony have a custom EQ yet? Realistically a treble booster might just do the trick.

Jun 8, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #33,966 of 62,423
Does Sony have a custom EQ yet? Realistically a treble booster might just do the trick.
I honestly don't know. Stopped buying their stuff after my sent our A45 through the wash. Hoping so.

Jun 8, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #33,967 of 62,423
I listen to a fair amount of electronic and I found the xm3 to be great for that. I’m looking forward to hearing what sonic improvements there are with the new set.

Jun 8, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #33,968 of 62,423
I honestly don't know. Stopped buying their stuff after my sent our A45 through the wash. Hoping so.
The last Sony headphone I got was the XM(1). Descriptions above kind of match what I think of those :p

Jun 8, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #33,970 of 62,423
I mean I could flip the script and judge them absent a price tag. That tends to make people pretty frustrated hahahaha.

As far as what I've been reaching for more lately:

1. ADV M5 (with Azla Crystals)
2. UE FITS (comfort + midrange detail)
3. HiBy WH3 (with Azla Crystals)

All 3 of 'em just work and sound great doing it. Wish I could give the nod to the NFP, but the UX crushes them for me; never thought dealing with aptX Adaptive would have become such a pain. MTs shut off after about an hour.

But it's a totally unfair game once you start bringing in the TWS adapters and using conventional IEMs. Have really been enjoying the CF01 with either the Blessing 2 or Noble X. Both sound absolutely fantastic with those adapters.
Hey Misery,

****So for your TWS list*****

1) ADV M5: did you get the customs? Might be worth it for $500!

2) UE Fits: Ordered!

3) HiBy: don’t know why I never thought of getting these since my DAP is a HiBy R6 Pro *head smack* However it looks like the WH2s are coming out with LDAC. I emailed HiBy to ask them when I can order.

*******I love the IEM -> TWS adapter idea; I never thought of doing that.*******

Some people are saying the Fiio UTWS3 is superior to the iBasso. What do you think?

I had planned to use my JH Lola’s for this but mine have a 4 pin connector and it seems like a pain to get an MMCX adapter. So I might keep the Lola’s for wired listening and get new IEMs.

So now I have to figure out which of the two you suggested to get or to throw caution to the wind and get something for $1,000+ like the Audeze Euclid for a bad a$$ setup :)

Thanks again for the playlists!

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #33,971 of 62,423
Can anyone recommend wireless IEMs that sound like Samsung's Galaxy Buds? I'm wanting plenty of highs and tightly controlled bass. The Galaxy Buds provide really transparent and crisp highs and very tight bass control.

Compared to the Galaxy Buds, what do the B&W PI5 or PI7 sound like?

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #33,972 of 62,423
Hey Misery,

****So for your TWS list*****

1) ADV M5: did you get the customs? Might be worth it for $500!

2) UE Fits: Ordered!

3) HiBy: don’t know why I never thought of getting these since my DAP is a HiBy R6 Pro *head smack* However it looks like the WH2s are coming out with LDAC. I emailed HiBy to ask them when I can order.

*******I love the IEM -> TWS adapter idea; I never thought of doing that.*******

Some people are saying the Fiio UTWS3 is superior to the iBasso. What do you think?

I had planned to use my JH Lola’s for this but mine have a 4 pin connector and it seems like a pain to get an MMCX adapter. So I might keep the Lola’s for wired listening and get new IEMs.

So now I have to figure out which of the two you suggested to get or to throw caution to the wind and get something for $1,000+ like the Audeze Euclid for a bad a$$ setup :)

Thanks again for the playlists!
Also note that Shure has a TWS adapter too :wink: There are plenty of them to go around. I just received another set of (smaller) tips for my Fits just now; they are so much more secure in my ear now :p

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #33,973 of 62,423
The Samsung Galaxy buds pro have this feature as well. I have to shut it off when using the lawnmower or leaf blower as it is triggered sometimes and it can be loud. Otherwise, for talking it works good.

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #33,975 of 62,423
Also note that Shure has a TWS adapter too :wink: There are plenty of them to go around. I just received another set of (smaller) tips for my Fits just now; they are so much more secure in my ear now :p
Man… now I have 3 options to try to pick from :)

really tempted to go Euclid + Fiio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back