Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 8, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #33,991 of 62,084
I'll keep this short - Nuarl N10 Pro's are on Amazon right now for $158 Prime. That is a very good deal. I have the 6Ps and a swathe of other sets, these sound wonderful once you get a good fit, which is easy given the range of tips you give you, silicon and foam (I'm currently using foam). There is a single review on amazon that is not particularly helpful nor representative of my experience. I highly recommend giving them a try - the physical buttons make making adjustments easy, and the firmware update was no problem at all.
So how would you compare the N10 to the N6P sound-wise?

Jun 8, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #33,992 of 62,084
I had to pre order the new Sonys from Amazon.

Im very excited about the new technical improvements, however I'm a bit worried about the sound profile.

Hopefully these do support the upcoming LE audio on a hardware basis.

Im not surprised that Sony have failed once again when it comes to naming their product haha... Just name these the "Sony Buds" or something simple like that.

If only a technology company could partner up with a company with vast experience with IEMs... Imagine the TWS that could come of that partnership.

Apple should have partnered up with Sony rather than Beats. Especially since Jobs admired Sony’s quality control and know how back when Apple was in its infancy. He held them in very high regard.

Jun 8, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #33,993 of 62,084
I had to pre order the new Sonys from Amazon.

Im very excited about the new technical improvements, however I'm a bit worried about the sound profile.

Hopefully these do support the upcoming LE audio on a hardware basis.

Im not surprised that Sony have failed once again when it comes to naming their product haha... Just name these the "Sony Buds" or something simple like that.

If only a technology company could partner up with a company with vast experience with IEMs... Imagine the TWS that could come of that partnership.
I wouldn't worry too much about the sound profile. Multiple reviews said the sound was excellent, not overly warm. In fact one review said some may find the bass lacking compared to other offerings. Get it and see how you feel.

Excited for my first Sony audio product in a long time. One review said they got 7 hours with ANC on at MAX volume. Impressive. Nearly double my MTW2.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #33,994 of 62,084
Does Sony have a custom EQ yet? Realistically a treble booster might just do the trick.
Yeah, the EQ was solid on the xm3 when I tried them in December/Jan

Jun 8, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #33,995 of 62,084
Apple should have partnered up with Sony rather than Beats. Especially since Jobs admired Sony’s quality control and know how back when Apple was in its infancy. He held them in very high regard.
Didn't Apple buy Beats company outright? Probably much more lucrative profit-wise to own the company altogether than to partner with Sony and split profits.

Jun 8, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #33,996 of 62,084
Hmm, xm4 seem to stick out pretty far.. That's one of the reasons why I returned the AZ70 after trying it for 2 weeks.

sony-wf-1000xm4-review-in-use-1200x675.webp

Jun 8, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #33,997 of 62,084
I'll keep this short - Nuarl N10 Pro's are on Amazon right now for $158 Prime. That is a very good deal. I have the 6Ps and a swathe of other sets, these sound wonderful once you get a good fit, which is easy given the range of tips you give you, silicon and foam (I'm currently using foam). There is a single review on amazon that is not particularly helpful nor representative of my experience. I highly recommend giving them a try - the physical buttons make making adjustments easy, and the firmware update was no problem at all.
So tempting… I love the N6P; its only weakness is the lack of ANC.

Does the N10P sound better? How’s the Noise Canceling?

I wish they had Aptx HD/LL and LDAC

Jun 8, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #33,998 of 62,084

So, no aptX, doesn't sound good out of the box, and seems wind noise is an issue with ANC and transparency on. Transparency, mic performance, and ANC are very good. That Nuarl at $158 sounds like a better deal lol! $200 may be a bit too much for the Vista 2.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #33,999 of 62,084
No problem! What good is talking about gear when you don't listen to anything on 'em :wink:

1) Nope. Still using the universal review pair. ADV's own site says the custom has a slightly different tuning as well ("neutral" vs "balanced"). I don't know if there's much value to getting custom TWS, unless there was some way to service the battery over time. Considering that's probably not the case, I'm good with the universals and they fit plenty well on their own.

2) I'll give the same advice that was given to me: have some patience with the FITS. Even when you start with the molding process, I learned that minimal pressure (only what's needed to keep them in place) is preferred to pushing them into your ears. I did that with set #2 and ended up with some gnarly hotspots. With the way the gel fills in those voids, I think it's more important to nail and maintain an effective seal while the form is being made. I'm really glad they let me try a third time around or I'd have kept them in the bin for much longer. In terms of sound sig, be patient. It usually takes me a good 30-45 minutes until my ears get into the FITS' sweet spot where I'm equal parts enjoying and analyzing. And, honestly, that's probably the FITS' biggest strength: they're like a mildly more fun ER4XR. Not nearly as resolving, but dang close, especially with drums and orchestral stuff.

3) Because the WH3 was their first venture into the TWS space? Their numbering convention is so backwards imo. Wouldn't it make more sense to start with the WH1 and work your way up? Barring the addition of LDAC, which I'm still curious to see in terms of battery tradeoff, I don't think I'm as big a fan of the driver choices with the WH2, either. You only get 2 BAs or a single DD, meaning you don't even get to utilize the crossover with the DD version. LDAC implementation is going to have to be absolutely perfect to make the WH2 worth more than what I think the WH3 are currently worth. I think they are priced slightly below the WH3's original price point, but the campaign page hasn't launched so I'm not 100% sure.

Regarding the IEM/TWS adapter, it's such a simple idea, but I can see how the tuning of these things matters. I ended up with the CF01 mainly because of availability, but also because its nominal impedance looked like a really good match for the P1, which is notorious for being fussy with portable sources. I figured if I could get the two of those to work together, the purchase would have been totally worth it. Getting the 2-pin adapters from OE just blew the doors open on what that meant I could use. While I haven't tested Fiio or TRN's versions, I could see a chief complaint being how cramped your IEM will be inside their cases; with the CF01, there's plenty of room (and padding) which makes me feel a lot more confident about things staying protected while I'm on the go. Add in wireless charging and more than satisfactory battery life and it's an all-around great experience. I could see how trying to convert 4-pin to MMCX would be tough; only thing I could suggest is reaching out to OE to see if they know any way to make that happen. You may just be a better candidate for the 5K and going semi-wireless instead of TWS. Food for thought.

While the P1 works with the CF01, I want to be clear about something: it's a power-user level sort of "work." Might as well share what @samandhi and I have been trying to figure out offline...we've noticed that apps going through Android's volume control tend to receive some audible distortion once you get to about 65% volume. My guess is that this doesn't sit well with the amplification inside the CF01, so either it or the phone's BT stack end up taking signals that are already pretty close to clipping and throws them right over it. This is where I think some of the harsher edge in the upper midrange is coming from (granted, it's plenty listenable and I'm only mentioning this in comparison to performance out of a good wired source). Our workaround was to use AGP (Auto-Gain Protection) within Neutron, which seemed to take care of the issue, but that leaves you with only the ability to listen to what you host locally. This will be a big caveat for folks who already listen to brickwalled content. Please keep that in mind.

So it's a chicken/egg problem: is the P1 so resolving that it's pulling out audible distortion in the BT chain or is the CF01 just distorting on its own? Maybe it's a little bit of both, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the living blazes out of the combo.
Interesting. I ended up pushing them into my ears slightly when molding the Fits. I do keep a relaxed jaw though since that’s something that you’re supposed to do when you get fitted for CIEMs.
Didn't Apple buy Beats company outright? Probably much more lucrative profit-wise to own the company altogether than to partner with Sony and split profits.
Apple partnered with Beats to formulate Beats One. If I’m not mistaken Beats was just a side product of the acquisition. Granted that’s not a bad side product by any means.

Jun 8, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #34,000 of 62,084
Hmm, xm4 seem to stick out pretty far.. That's one of the reasons why I returned the AZ70 after trying it for 2 weeks.

sony-wf-1000xm4-review-in-use-1200x675.webp
One of the videos, I've heard it's 10% smaller? That 90% had to be shifted in other ways so that it doesn't point out like before, but it looks a bit bulky still. Also, that might be a small head though. lol

The more reviews I'm seeing, I'm less and less thrilled with the ergonomics. I get a feeling it will pop out while jobbing.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #34,001 of 62,084
So, no aptX, doesn't sound good out of the box, and seems wind noise is an issue with ANC and transparency on. Transparency, mic performance, and ANC are very good. That Nuarl at $158 sounds like a better deal lol! $200 may be a bit too much for the Vista 2.
Guess that's a pass, then. Darn...it had promise.
Interesting. I ended up pushing them into my ears slightly when molding the Fits. I do keep a relaxed jaw though since that’s something that you’re supposed to do when you get fitted for CIEMs.
That's why I tried to follow all those suggestions you mentioned on attempt #2, but I overcompensated. Third attempt went great, thankfully. You really can tell once you've got a good seal on a pair that fits properly (ha). Very similar to doing the Ety shuffle (am I deep enough...nope too deep... where's the bass?)

Oh and looks like someone already reviewed the WH2:
body.jpg

https://headfonics.com/hiby-wh2-review/

Tips look uncannily like the ones that ship with the M5. Way more comfy and tend to stay in my ears better than the ones that come with the WH3. Don't know if I'm a fan of the overall depth, though. Seems like a pretty shallow fit.

Guess I'm in for a 2-BA set. I'll probably join the campaign when it goes live. I'll have to pull that $160 out of somewhere...

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #34,002 of 62,084
Apple partnered with Beats to formulate Beats One. If I’m not mistaken Beats was just a side product of the acquisition. Granted that’s not a bad side product by any means.
I'm pretty sure Apple bought the entire Beats company some years back. That's when Dr Dre became a billionaire after selling Beats to Apple.

Jun 8, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #34,003 of 62,084
Guess that's a pass, then. Darn...it had promise.

That's why I tried to follow all those suggestions you mentioned on attempt #2, but I overcompensated. Third attempt went great, thankfully. You really can tell once you've got a good seal on a pair that fits properly (ha). Very similar to doing the Ety shuffle (am I deep enough...nope too deep... where's the bass?)

Oh and looks like someone already reviewed the WH2:
body.jpg

https://headfonics.com/hiby-wh2-review/

Tips look uncannily like the ones that ship with the M5. Way more comfy and tend to stay in my ears better than the ones that come with the WH3. Don't know if I'm a fan of the overall depth, though. Seems like a pretty shallow fit.

Guess I'm in for a 2-BA set. I'll probably join the campaign when it goes live. I'll have to pull that $160 out of somewhere...
The stock size was too big for me. So I had to go s size smaller which I received today. Fit much better than before. But I did kind of hold them in place while I kept my jaw relaxed. The outcome is what matters I guess.
I'm pretty sure Apple bought the entire Beats company some years back. That's when Dr Dre became a billionaire after selling Beats to Apple.
Yeah. But their main intent was to boost their Music platform since those coincided with each other. Or at least that’s what was reported.

Jun 8, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #34,004 of 62,084

Does ANC ever work with wind noise? These are definitely overpriced at $200. Jaybird can get away with this because of their dedicated fitness crowd following. Otherwise these would be DOA at that price. Too bad, they look solid for hard exercising but they need to be 150.

Jun 8, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #34,005 of 62,084
One of the videos, I've heard it's 10% smaller? That 90% had to be shifted in other ways so that it doesn't point out like before, but it looks a bit bulky still. Also, that might be a small head though. lol

The more reviews I'm seeing, I'm less and less thrilled with the ergonomics. I get a feeling it will pop out while jobbing.
That pic does not look good but the others I’ve seen don’t look that bad. Agree on ergonomics but it appears this is an issue for everyone. The pI7, the Gemini, M&D, the Bose and countless others all suffer from less than ideal ergonomics. Only the sennheiser really stands out in this regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back