Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 17, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #32,011 of 62,070
Do you have a shipping date ? They're showing as "out of stock" on amazon right now.

I like that the v1 are on the larger side as I could "tuck" them in my (larger ?) ears perfectly unlike most TWS that tend to pop out, the worse being the Sony's of course. The new ones may be 21% "smaller" but the also seem "thicker", a bit like the Panasonic ANC TWS and that didn't work too well for my ears either.
Never had a problem with the touch controls apart from the limited combinations available.
And the final "bad" news is that they mention a "vent for less pressure" so that's probably going to me less passive isolation, where the v1s were pretty much "king" and with the ANR it was the best isolating combo in the game. That "vent" that Apple claim to have doesn't really help with the dreaded "runner's thud" either in my experience.

Anyway, I'll be interested in reading feedback on these !

Big fa

Not sure about DD vs BA, the SQ was really good on the v1 but it seems I'm BA biased as I also love the SQ of the L2Ps...
Shipping date for me is May 13th

Apr 17, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #32,014 of 62,070
Apr 17, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #32,015 of 62,070
Looks like a complete reboot for the Echo Buds. DD rather than BA and they've dropped the Bose ANR for "their own" ANC.
https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Echo...ld=1&keywords=echo+buds&qid=1618493876&sr=8-1

What is the price on those? By now I also only see 'out of stock' with no price info ...
I am still waiting for my V1 that I got on UK amazon for 59GBP and they are now with a friend who is scheduled to come within the month +quarantine ... he would probably kill me if I ask him to get the V2 as well :D
And sure enough, now that I check, the V1 dropped another 5 quid on amz.uk! @webvan : time to get a spare at that price :)
Amazon_co_uk___echobuds.jpg

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #32,016 of 62,070
So if u want to turn an iem into a tws do you recommend?

1. Trn bt20 15$
2. BT20s 40$
3.Bt20spro 70$
4. Fiio us 3 115$

Approximate priced on aliexpress in Canadian dollars

Think the only one with apt hd is bt20spro.
Not sure difference between bt20 and the s model. Seems to be same.

Apr 17, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #32,017 of 62,070
Yeah, that's when I had the M1's the first time around, when they were on sale for $79. I didn't like the bass at the time though, so I returned them. I also like the bullet style form factor more than the MT's. Since they added support for the app now (EQ), that makes it more enticing to give them a second chance.
Understood. I don't find the M1+ too bassy, but I didn't with the M1s either. On the other hand, I use(d) the M1/M1+ out of the house, on the go. So when I do that, I use the Kaiser Audio app with onboard tracks (13,000 of them on my iPhone 8+), not streaming services (I use Amazon Music HD at home with other phones, mainly over or on-ear types). The Kaiser app has a 10, 20 or 30-band EQ onboard, so I can take the bass down a bit if need be. I do that with the Touch, which delivers a bit more bass than I prefer.

Anyway, I was out today with the M1+ and they are rock solid, built like a tank, click buttons just work (no screwing around with the touch controls). I used the basic Apple Music player, no EQ for some reason and I can't be happier with a pair of TW in-ears for the price. Notice, the M1+ is now $10 more on Amazon than the Touch. Not sure what's going on with CA on that one. I sort of figured the Touch was their next level TW IEM. Guess not, as they have cut $20 from the original price.

I am going to fool around with tips/wings again on the Touch. Try and get a better fit. I would like to keep both; I am also selling off a bunch of other stuff on hand (anyone looking for the Earfun Free Pro Oluv edition?). Happy with the CA duo, the Status Between Pro for TWs and ER4XRs and BLON-03s for wired connecting.

Apr 17, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #32,018 of 62,070

1. Trn bt20 15$
2. BT20s 40$
3.Bt20spro 70$
4. Fiio us 3 115$

No.4. more power and darker background.

Apr 17, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #32,020 of 62,070
My Technics AZ70 have stopped working, sadly. They stopped connecting to my phone, and attempting to re-pair with any device just leads to a "Connection failed" message on the device I'm trying to pair them with. That's not great for a set that I've owned for about 5 months. I still do have my Jabra 85t Elites, which I preferred to the Technics for everything else except for sound, but I did really appreciate how good the AZ70 were in terms of detail retrieval and overall technicalities.

Apr 17, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #32,021 of 62,070
My Technics AZ70 have stopped working, sadly. They stopped connecting to my phone, and attempting to re-pair with any device just leads to a "Connection failed" message on the device I'm trying to pair them with. That's not great for a set that I've owned for about 5 months. I still do have my Jabra 85t Elites, which I preferred to the Technics for everything else except for sound, but I did really appreciate how good the AZ70 were in terms of detail retrieval and overall technicalities.
Can you make a warranty claim? This sounds like it would fall under it.

Apr 17, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #32,022 of 62,070
Can you make a warranty claim? This sounds like it would fall under it.
That's a good idea. I had only considered whether the retailer would accept a return, but I should try the manufacturer.

Apr 17, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #32,023 of 62,070

1. Trn bt20 15$
2. BT20s 40$
3.Bt20spro 70$
4. Fiio us 3 115$

For me the diff between 20 and 20s was the annoying hiss of the 20s
For now 15$, the BT20 are a great deal.

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #32,024 of 62,070
Well no more HiBy R5 Saber. At all. Long story. I'm not happy.

Just in time for all the color variants of the DX160 to be sold out! Just what I needed in the midst of everything else I'm dealing with right now.

Maybe I should just bulk-sell all these TWS, too. Just bail on the hobby altogether.

This hurts.

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #32,025 of 62,070
Well I just wanna head and did it in bought my 1st in ear monitor in over 20 years.

Blon bl-01. Dirt cheap at about 25$.
With no burn in and an under amped tablet because I am awaiting my USB C dac amp, all I can say is wow!

So these with no tip rolling yet no EQ etc. sound better than any tws I have heard.

Bass is no deeper than others but better texture and faster without muffling the mids.

Vocals are clear Treble is extended and maybe not most detailed compared to other iems but more than most if not all tws.

If there is one tiny criticism is sometimes the lower treble can get a tiny bit hot but not fatiguing.

Imagine with better dac Amp and burn in these will sound even better.

So I can say definitively we are not quite there yet for TWS is a 25$ but beats out 300$ buds in sound quality.

I think once bluetooth LE allows higher bit rate data transmission we will get there because the drivers are not the limitation.
I just bought a used Auddio-technica Sport90BT for $21 and it also beats all the TWS I have heard. Of course they are $159 full price but they do sound better than the CKR70 TWS but not that surprising being a 7 series vs. a 9 series higher is supposed to be better. Mics are good too but hearthrough mode while having good mics has noise/hiss that is annoying and not near as good as the TWS. IMO, TWS is not quite there yet for the SQ. As you said, LE should get us the next step closer. LE will help but I also feel they need to work on dynamic driver implementation as well since one wire models have the pod and the housings are free to do more with while TWS having everything inside the housings make optimizing DD more difficult and they can improve on that front.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back