Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 4, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #31,532 of 62,742
anyone dealt with Bose warranty claims? My sons 5 month old Bose QC TW right side earbud is super quite and when you use the right side by itself its quite and sounds blown.
For their first Gen Sleepbuds and they were spot on. Called them directly instead of emailing and they were fast and responsive.

Apr 4, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #31,534 of 62,742
Sounds like the SE530, my first big-boy pair. It was so easy to get lost in tip- and filter-rolling, not realizing at the time how ridiculously mid-centric that set was. Knowing what the Lola is capable of, that would definitely have been a major jump in terms of overall quality. Think you made a great choice.

Also just checked the tips for wires. None found. Think we're good.

Tried sleeping with the JBLs last night. Went on an Easter Bud hunt when I woke up, but managed to find everything. Thank God I don't have black sheets.
Wow those SE530s look sweet

Ya I got the Lola’s maybe 2 years ago on the advice of @MaxwellDot. He took a lot of time to help me figure out the best brand and model for my music preferences. Classical and female vocals sound absolutely stunning.

As a matter of fact, i‘m watching the Snyder cut of Justice League right now on my projector, listening with the Lola’s. I have them plugged into my HiBy R6 Pro, which is connected to my Nvidia shield with a 15 foot USB cable.

Apr 4, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #31,535 of 62,742
Wow those SE530s look sweet

Ya I got the Lola’s maybe 2 years ago on the advice of @MaxwellDot. He took a lot of time to help me figure out the best brand and model for my music preferences. Classical and female vocals sound absolutely stunning.

As a matter of fact, i‘m watching the Snyder cut of Justice League right now on my projector, listening with the Lola’s. I have them plugged into my HiBy R6 Pro, which is connected to my Nvidia shield with a 15 foot USB cable.
Sounds pretty intense, bud. SE530s were all right; great for their intended use as a stage monitor, but I was young/dumb and the market hadn't exploded nearly as much as it has now. There were only a handful of players outside the mainstream at that point.

Apr 4, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #31,536 of 62,742
The funny thing about it is I’ve had three different true wireless headphone adapters like the Fostex and the Fostex by far is the best. It doesn’t really even sit around your ear. The IEM holds it in the air ever so slightly so it feels like you’re wearing nothing at all. At least with my ears. I was down this road a long time ago and then crawled back somehow. So I totally get where you’re coming from.
Have you tried the Fiio UTWS3? They're in consideration for my next TWS'ish buy.

Or maybe a pair of the Earin A-3's. Kinda interested in their form factor. But not sure they'd be comfortable in my ears.

Apr 4, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #31,537 of 62,742
Have you tried the Fiio UTWS3? They're in consideration for my next TWS'ish buy.

Or maybe a pair of the Earin A-3's. Kinda interested in their form factor. But not sure they'd be comfortable in my ears.

are there reviews comparing the utws3 with the bt20s pro?

I've been rockin' earbuds type tws more and more lately around the house and exercising, only resorting to IEM types when i go out or don't want to be disturbed.

been using the Vooplay, Buds Live, and Vivo Neo in rotation (as well as the trusty old X12 for podcast and youtube)

Apr 4, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #31,538 of 62,742

@tinyman392 has both the UTWS3 and the TRN adaptors. He can tell you more about it. I plan on getting it as soon as it is in stock in the US.

Apr 5, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #31,539 of 62,742

Been trying to get the UTWS3 but they’ve been out of stock here in the USA. Soon I hope.

I love my Earin A-3. Super tiny and they just sit in my ears sort of like the first Gen AirPods without the stalks. That said, the Earin’s feel more secure in my ears and sound better due to a larger driver. They sent me a coupon code for the silver version: SPRING_15OFF. Not sure if it’s still live but worth a shot.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #31,540 of 62,742

I‘m happy with the quality that Fiio gives with the UTWS3. What would be the memory wire section of the UTWS3 is kind of stiff, so this makes the MMCX version a bit more comfortable over the 2-pin variant since you do get that one degree of freedom. There is also the volume issue which can be annoying where it’ll randomly set the volume to 100% on launch (iOS 14.4 and 14.5 beta). I also do have the BT20s Pro as well. I was originally going to return them, but they pair better with the P1 than the UTWS3 did (my Euclid paired far better with the UTWS3 than the BT20s 🤷‍♂️).

are there reviews comparing the utws3 with the bt20s pro?

I've been rockin' earbuds type tws more and more lately around the house and exercising, only resorting to IEM types when i go out or don't want to be disturbed.

been using the Vooplay, Buds Live, and Vivo Neo in rotation (as well as the trusty old X12 for podcast and youtube)

I should probably write a quick review of the two as they kind of have their pros and cons.

Apr 5, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #31,541 of 62,742
Wait, so does pineapple belong on pizza?
resounding YES !

Speaking of PineAPPle :)

DF73F7A1-491F-4E0A-AA85-6312003A5732.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #31,542 of 62,742
excited to read on walkmanblog that the wf-1000xm4 has passed fcc certification. Hoping the shape is what we've seen in leaks, would probably solve most fit issues

Apr 5, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #31,543 of 62,742
So my mw08 arrived. First impression, smaller than expected in a good way. Its refreshing to sound so neutral out of the box, maybe a touch warm...maybe more intimate than kef/encox more listening needed but happy so far. Volume seems low compared to all my other tws. Takes foam tips that fit in the case, finally one where I dont have to take the tips off. The buds scream quality, the case and buds build/materials are excellent. Its a battle between these and my EQ'd Enco X for my fav tws. For ANC I expect these should beat my Enco X as Ive got the foams on, unless the ANC sucks. Appears to be no multipoint or quick device switching like the oppos which is a little dissapointing. . Didnt plan it but in the picture I added to show relative case size top to bottom is my order of fav so far. The mu3s case is huge compared to the rest. Will report back later after more listening and ANC tests. Initial impressions very positive, very premium.

Attachments

• 20210405_114943.jpg
    20210405_114943.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210405_114933.jpg
    20210405_114933.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 5, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #31,544 of 62,742
So my mw08 arrived.
Volume seems low compared to all my other tws.
Thanks. I've been interested in these, but a little worried about the volume as you mentioned.
I mostly use my Senn' MTW2, and I feel the volume is low on those as well. (noticable lower than both Lypertek Tevi and Airpods Pro..)
Do you/anyone else have the possibility to compare volume between MTW2 and MW08? Would the MW08 be a huge upgrade to the MTW2? Worth the $300 price tag?

Apr 5, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #31,545 of 62,742
I‘m happy with the quality that Fiio gives with the UTWS3. What would be the memory wire section of the UTWS3 is kind of stiff, so this makes the MMCX version a bit more comfortable over the 2-pin variant since you do get that one degree of freedom.
I only have MMCX IEM/Buds currently so 2-pin isn't a worry for me.

There is also the volume issue which can be annoying where it’ll randomly set the volume to 100% on launch (iOS 14.4 and 14.5 beta).
Also a non-issue. I have an Android phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back