Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 3, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #31,501 of 63,207
That is why I am debating what other tips would keep seal with same comfort. Think the final e might be good but don't know how tall they are and which diameter would be best choice. Given cost and shipping times from MTM I don't want to gamble.
Well if it helps you think of it in terms of feel, the Final are a really soft silicone that conforms well to a surface (wide, narrow: it's flexible). I have pretty high confidence a L would do you well and, yes, I'm aware it's pretty expensive to buy these 2 sets at a time. Makes more sense if you're swapping out tips on multiple pairs at once. They do have a LL, but I don't think you're going to need it.

Conversely, the Azla XELASTEC ones allegedly also conform to the surface of your ear, but in more of a semi-permanent sort of way, which I think is kinda cool. Just haven't gotten around to testing them myself yet, but there's plenty of threads on HF that have mentioned them; can't remember where I first read about them.
Totally agree! I’ve been thinking of getting a Bluetooth cable for my JH Lola’s and I’m loving the info everyone is sharing.

I picked up the JH one but there was no bass adjustment like they have on the normal and balanced cables. Tried to return it and they never replied to my emails
That's a little weird about the lack of replies; thought Jerry was all about the customer experience. Bummer about those connectors.

Apr 3, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #31,502 of 63,207
Adapters still kind of take away the convenience of TWS tbh. I thought about it, but quickly eliminated it. The reason is that I would buy a TWS because I want nothing sticking out of the ears. Even if the adapter loops around the ears and connects, the full convenience of TWS is still missing imo.
The funny thing about it is I’ve had three different true wireless headphone adapters like the Fostex and the Fostex by far is the best. It doesn’t really even sit around your ear. The IEM holds it in the air ever so slightly so it feels like you’re wearing nothing at all. At least with my ears. I was down this road a long time ago and then crawled back somehow. So I totally get where you’re coming from.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #31,503 of 63,207
I’m not sure why they’d sound like the ER4s? I may have missed it I guess, did someone say they sound that way? I love the design of their case though.
Well they say the Tevi sounds like the closest thing to wireless ER2's. (Crinnacle did anyway) 😜

Apr 3, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #31,504 of 63,207
Well they say the Tevi sounds like the closest thing to wireless ER2's. (Crinnacle did anyway) 😜
I think his ears have been pretty reliable. Currently using an EQ preset of his on a (gasp) wired set of IEMs. While it definitely takes some getting used to, especially with regard to the upper-midrange and subbass treatment, I think he's pretty tonally on point.

Did he specify what about the Tevi reminded him of the ER2?

Apr 3, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #31,505 of 63,207
I think his ears have been pretty reliable. Currently using an EQ preset of his on a (gasp) wired set of IEMs. While it definitely takes some getting used to, especially with regard to the upper-midrange and subbass treatment, I think he's pretty tonally on point.

Although he ranked both galaxy buds pro and plus very highly and said pros are among best iem wired or otherwise he has heard.

I like the sound but found the mids were recessed and treble too strong on the pro and the treble shrill on the plus myself. So I don't think his preferred tonal signature fits my own.

Apr 3, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #31,506 of 63,207
Although he ranked both galaxy buds pro and plus very highly and said pros are among best iem wired or otherwise he has heard.

I like the sound but found the mids were recessed and treble too strong on the pro and the treble shrill on the plus myself. So I don't think his preferred tonal signature fits my own.
I can understand it being a different strokes thing.

Feels like every few years, my preferred signature changes as well, so I understand I'll disagree with some of his higher-ranked items. Keep in mind that ear shape can make a huge difference, so you two might have different <insert technical jargon term about inner-ear anatomy and bends and stuff here>, which would throw off the frequency response. Unfortunate nature of the beast.

I still can't do Samsung, so have no experience with any of the Galaxy lineup. Will gladly take your word for it.

Apr 3, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #31,507 of 63,207

Do the Galaxy buds pro really have that great sound? :L3000:

I guess it doesn't matter now. I refuse to blow any more money on TWS. Not until summer of 2022.

Apr 3, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #31,508 of 63,207
Could be. I switched mine out for the XL tips but may experiment with others from my collection.
Hey,

First post ever here so be gentle yeah‽ Long time lurker though :wink:

I've also purchased the MW08's. Sound quality based on my very first impression is a little too much on the mid highs but WAY better than AirPods Pro in the bass whilst not being over whelming either which I'm super impressed with, when it needs bass it's there, when it doesn't it isn't.

Here's a question for fellow early adopters/lucky owners of the MW08. Have you managed to successfully update the firmware via the iOS app yet? No matter what I try, in-ear, out of my ears but next to each other, resetting them back to factory, deleting and then resetting the Bluetooth iOS pairing, you get the idea... after about 15-20 minutes always the same ‘The update was unsuccessful. Please try again.’ screen appears. I thought I'd ask here just in case you had any tips.

As IEM's go, got to be honest, I'm very impressed indeed. I've currently own Sennheiser HD700's, Beyer DT 880 Pro's, used to own the Momentum Wireless, still own the AirPods Pro (for convenience more than anything) so I thought I'd try the MW08's.....very impressed indeed. I'll need more time with them for sure to form a more solid opinion but for now... yeah! Very good! Surprisingly, I had to change the tips for one size down to make a better fit, usually it's one size up in other IEM's I've used.

Apart from all of the above waffle.... hello fellow head-fi friends. Glad to be here.

Apr 3, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #31,509 of 63,207
Hey,

First post ever here so be gentle yeah‽ Long time lurker though :wink:

I've also purchased the MW08's. Sound quality based on my very first impression is a little too much on the mid highs but WAY better than AirPods Pro in the bass whilst not being over whelming either which I'm super impressed with, when it needs bass it's there, when it doesn't it isn't.

Here's a question for fellow early adopters/lucky owners of the MW08. Have you managed to successfully update the firmware via the iOS app yet? No matter what I try, in-ear, out of my ears but next to each other, resetting them back to factory, deleting and then resetting the Bluetooth iOS pairing, you get the idea... after about 15-20 minutes always the same ‘The update was unsuccessful. Please try again.’ screen appears. I thought I'd ask here just in case you had any tips.

As IEM's go, got to be honest, I'm very impressed indeed. I've currently own Sennheiser HD700's, Beyer DT 880 Pro's, used to own the Momentum Wireless, still own the AirPods Pro (for convenience more than anything) so I thought I'd try the MW08's.....very impressed indeed. I'll need more time with them for sure to form a more solid opinion but for now... yeah! Very good! Surprisingly, I had to change the tips for one size down to make a better fit, usually it's one size up in other IEM's I've used.

Apart from all of the above waffle.... hello fellow head-fi friends. Glad to be here.
What phone? I'm on an iPhone 12. No issues at all over here. It went smooth. Can you try with another device? I know the M&D app was updated a few times the past week for OTA update tweaks. I'm sure you're on the most recent update. Outside of the usual app install, delete, reboot stuff you've most likely already done, email M&D, they've always been responsive. I love them. Love the bass. Better than the last versions. Can say that my ears have the same mid-high issue, but everyone hears different. I listen to a lot of hard rock/heavy metal and Maiden's Fear of the Dark sounds just awesome at this exact moment :) \m/

Apr 3, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #31,511 of 63,207
I didn't think so. They were clear detailed and crisp. But too treble focused and lacked mid range.
Sure that's not the basshead in you speaking? :L3000:

Apr 3, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #31,512 of 63,207

Referring to his list of ranked IEMs.

Screenshot_20210403-175902.png

https://crinacle.com/rankings/iems/

I actually had the ER4SR along with the Bluetooth module in my shopping cart, but then canceled and went with the P1 last minute.

I don't think I'd like sticking them that deep in my ear plus didn't like that I had to buy a separate Bluetooth module just to use them wirelessly.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #31,513 of 63,207
Apr 3, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #31,514 of 63,207
What phone? I'm on an iPhone 12. No issues at all over here. It went smooth. Can you try with another device? I know the M&D app was updated a few times the past week for OTA update tweaks. I'm sure you're on the most recent update. Outside of the usual app install, delete, reboot stuff you've most likely already done, email M&D, they've always been responsive. I love them. Love the bass. Better than the last versions. Can say that my ears have the same mid-high issue, but everyone hears different. I listen to a lot of hard rock/heavy metal and Maiden's Fear of the Dark sounds just awesome at this exact moment :) \m/
I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and updated with no issue. But that was before the last two app updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back