Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 5, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #31,561 of 62,439
Special delivery!
IMG_20210405_145442.jpg
Got a full tip kit, leather case for the Noble X, and a set of Falcon 1 for grins. It'd be nice to crown a new sub-$100 champ.

The double-flange wide-bore tips here are excellent for the Falcon Pro, especially for those who are in between sizes for the included tips. Basically just the driver working at this point with no obstruction to the port:
IMG_20210405_150130.jpg
IMG_20210405_150110.jpg
IMG_20210405_150919.jpg
I'm able to use the Small on both sides and get a snug, potentially deeper fit that seems to feel less "pushy" on the ear canal. Wholeheartedly recommend them for people with wide-bore TWS out there that haven't quite found their fit yet, but don't feel like forking out $20 for two pairs of a "maybe." Spent about $30 for the whole tip kit there. Should be able to extract the "per pair" price from that.

Apr 5, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #31,562 of 62,439
So you can switch devcies with the buttons on the MW08? :)

Im also curious about the button placement, are they easy to use? Normally buttons would be placed onto the Earbuds and not at the top.

Apr 5, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #31,563 of 62,439
For those here like myself that have had no joy at all installing the M&D MW08 firmware update (iPhone 12 Pro Max on 14.4.2, with the M&D Connect app v 1.0.4) the lovely M&D support people tell me that there is a 1.05 version of the app being released later this week with a new firmware version for all, as well as resolving the updating issue that I, and obviously others, have reported. Good times!
FWIW, when I first paired the MW08s with my iPhone I used the iPhone to change the name (putting an asterisk in the front, so it would appear at the top of my list). When I then tried to apply the update, it hung at about 30%. I then took the asterisk out and tried again -- and the update worked seamlessly. I don't know if renaming the device interfered with the update, but it's at least some anecdotal evidence that it might.

Apr 5, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #31,564 of 62,439
Thanks for you words! Did you test the mics performances for calls or videoconferences?
I just tested the mic outside and was told I sounded like I was speaking into the phone. I then went indoors and turned on a TV, and was told I was still very audible (though the TV could be heard in the background). So -- so far, so good.

Apr 5, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #31,565 of 62,439

Im also curious about the button placement, are they easy to use? Normally buttons would be placed onto the Earbuds and not at the top.
I think the buttons at the top are ideal -- you don't push the buds into your ear canal. If you hold down the multi-function button for six seconds or so, it goes into pairing mode and you can pair to a new device or reconnect to a previously paired device by choosing the MW08s from the Bluetooth menu. On some earphones you have to physically find and disconnect from the device you're already paired with to pair with another device. That can be a pain if you use the earphones with more than a few devices. This is better than that -- but not as good as Apple's system, or fast pairing.

Apr 5, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #31,566 of 62,439
Special delivery!
IMG_20210405_145442.jpg
Got a full tip kit, leather case for the Noble X, and a set of Falcon 1 for grins. It'd be nice to crown a new sub-$100 champ.

The double-flange wide-bore tips here are excellent for the Falcon Pro, especially for those who are in between sizes for the included tips. Basically just the driver working at this point with no obstruction to the port:
IMG_20210405_150130.jpg
IMG_20210405_150110.jpg
IMG_20210405_150919.jpg
I'm able to use the Small on both sides and get a snug, potentially deeper fit that seems to feel less "pushy" on the ear canal. Wholeheartedly recommend them for people with wide-bore TWS out there that haven't quite found their fit yet, but don't feel like forking out $20 for two pairs of a "maybe." Spent about $30 for the whole tip kit there. Should be able to extract the "per pair" price from that.
Where'd you buy from? How long did it take to get? Should I get the Pro or the NF2's? Hmmm...

Apr 5, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #31,567 of 62,439
Where'd you buy from? How long did it take to get? Should I get the Pro or the NF2's? Hmmm...
Ordered from Noble direct on the 31st and got everything today (was scheduled for tomorrow). Want to figure out where the NF1 fit on the spectrum relative to the NFP, but I don't think you'd be going wrong with the NFP; it's just simply a darn-good sounding 3-driver TWS that happens to do HearThrough pretty decently and takes regular-size tips. Update process on the NF1 is a chore compared to the NFP because it requires a second app, but so far so good.

Where the NF1 will probably pull its ire is in the case design. That might have been justified at its original price, but I don't think it's horrible for the new price point. Regardless, stepping up to the better case (shared by the NF2 and NFP) gives you much better ergonomics and confidence that the charging contacts are aligned when cased. Size-wise, they're very similar to the 400BT and a little bit fatter than both of the Jabras.
IMG_20210405_162846__01.jpg
Bummer about the NF1 is that they're more akin to the Jabra 75t/Senn 400BT when it comes to nozzle length. Means it's really small. I'll attempt to use Final tips on these, but they may not work out so well. That being said, the stock tips are pretty reminiscent of what you get with the JBL Club Pro+ and Earfun Free Pro; just a smoky single-flange (edit: these are C-Pro tips similar in material to the NFP's, but different in shape and bore diameter), pretty soft silicone. Should be fine for most people. Plenty comfortable.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #31,568 of 62,439
Ordered from Noble direct on the 31st and got everything today (was scheduled for tomorrow). Want to figure out where the NF1 fit on the spectrum relative to the NFP, but I don't think you'd be going wrong with the NFP; it's just simply a darn-good sounding 3-driver TWS that happens to do HearThrough pretty decently and takes regular-size tips. Update process on the NF1 is a chore compared to the NFP because it requires a second app, but so far so good.

Where the NF1 will probably pull its ire is in the case design. That might have been justified at its original price, but I don't think it's horrible for the new price point. Regardless, stepping up to the better case (shared by the NF2 and NFP) gives you much better ergonomics and confidence that the charging contacts are aligned when cased. Size-wise, they're very similar to the 400BT and a little bit fatter than both of the Jabras.
IMG_20210405_162846__01.jpg
Bummer about the NF1 is that they're more akin to the Jabra 75t/Senn 400BT when it comes to nozzle length. Means it's really small. I'll attempt to use Final tips on these, but they may not work out so well. That being said, the stock tips are pretty reminiscent of what you get with the JBL Club Pro+ and Earfun Free Pro; just a smoky single-flange, pretty soft silicone. Should be fine for most people. Plenty comfortable.
Oh, I thought those were the new NF2's that are on their site. Thinking about them since they're more than half the price with similar features, less driver specs.

Apr 5, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #31,569 of 62,439
Oh, I thought those were the new NF2's that are on their site. Thinking about them since they're more than half the price with similar features, less driver specs.
Makes more sense. If the driver is tuned the same between the NF1 and NF2, you're going to want the Pro. Much cleaner out of the box; these have a lot of upper midrange energy in stock form, as evidenced by an overabundance of cymbal splash on Mae's The Fisherman's Song (previously linked). These will take some time to EQ, but I can hear potential in the top-end of these things that I haven't yet heard at the price point. Have to remember they're under $100 now.

Here's the kicker: both the NF1 and NF2 require a separate app called Noble Upgrade just for firmware updates. It was intuitive enough for me, but those who require a more refined GUI are going to be out of luck here. Process ran just fine, though I did notice that I had to make sure "Location Always On" was selected instead of "While Using the App" or the app itself went haywire and I couldn't select any TWS to update. Absolutely zero factory resets were required to make things work. Don't want to overlook that point.

Initial impressions are this: the NF1 remind me, in a lot of ways, about the way the Noble X were tuned. Instead of going for a technical powerhouse in one genre and having to sacrifice abilities in another, the NF1 seem tuned to handle every genre I throw at them just fine (but not exceptionally). They have a treble presence that's completely engulfed in bloom on the Earfun Free Pro and a decent sense of space to boot. I think they'll benefit much more from some EQ, but this is a pretty good starting point.

Apr 5, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #31,570 of 62,439
Special delivery!
IMG_20210405_145442.jpg

IMG_20210405_150130.jpg
IMG_20210405_150110.jpg
IMG_20210405_150919.jpg

Where is tip kit from?

Apr 5, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #31,571 of 62,439
Apr 5, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #31,572 of 62,439

I dont have the MW08 but I do have the MW07 Go and was glad to see they kept the buttons on the MW08 (starting to get FOMO from all the positive discussion here). I think it is a great design and is very easy to use (esp the volume rocker). No need to memorize left vs right controls or number of taps and the placement prevents the earbud from getting shoved in your ear when pressed. Glad to see they stuck with it.

Apr 5, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #31,573 of 62,439
I should probably write a quick review of the two as they kind of have their pros and cons.
I'll be looking forward for it, thanks :grin::thumbsup:

Apr 5, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #31,574 of 62,439
Earfun who? After a little EQ, these NF1s are just stealing the show left and right. Any TWS that can handle this track properly, so the way through, gets due credit from me:

Bonus points if you start from the track before this one

Even at the original $140, these would have still been a good value. At their current price, I'd call them a steal unless you need a smaller form factor (because the NF1 protrude a decent amount). I understand there might have been firmware troubles before this, but I've had a really smooth ride so far.

What surprises me is how composed this thing is after taming a couple trouble spots; a quick run through Neutralizer should be all you need. Afterwards, what you get is a pretty balanced single-DD powerhouse that's capable of good bass extension without losing its impact or timbre. Treble admittedly feels recessed, as do vocals, but they're tonally on point and set on an even plane in terms of left-to-right. Oddly enough, they seem more cramped than I think they could be. Devin's known for making some really atmospheric stuff, but you never feel like you're blasting off with the symphony.

Perhaps this is the major value-add to those extra BAs in the NFP. That's not too sell the DD in here short, though. It's really, really good.

More to follow on things like call quality, battery life, and day-to-day usage, but the Noble Falcon 1 will be my go-to rec under $100. Unless you need the more advanced features of the Earfun or Jabra 75t and are willing to take the necessary SQ hit to get it, I think this is where you should start.

I'd definitely get it over the 400BT...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back