Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 22, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #31,068 of 62,385
@Canabuc - was $79.99 - $10 coupon - I see it now dropped to $74.99 (includes 2 yr warranty from Allstate due to being certified refurb'd - caveat emptor they share your info as a trade-off but I already have a bunch of Sq. Trade contracts)

@clerkpalmer - yes, the comfort is great and love the multi-point (albeit I get a few interrupts on PC every now and then), ANC, transparency mode, IPX7, etc. etc. IMO, it's fantastic bang for the buck with the included warranty.
How do you claim the warranty? Thanks.

Mar 22, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #31,069 of 62,385
Mar 22, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #31,070 of 62,385
Mar 22, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #31,071 of 62,385
Details here (on that page is a link to file a claim). I noticed not all listings for the EA75t carry the warranty (e.g. not this one), I used the link that @miserybeforethemusic posted: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jabra-Elit...ss-Earbuds-Certified-Refurbished/164441338697 which is sold directly by Jabra.
Bingo. Pretty sure they shipped me an email with claim instructions, should they be needed.

That Jabra/GN store is awesome, but really gets better when eBay does its sitewide coupons. Best time to buy would be when the coupon code is for 20% off or more.

Fingers crossed they "Active-ate" the 85t's tuning. I'm hoping they do.
I looked at the ad. Can't find where it says 2 year warranty.
Truth be told, I glossed over it the first time and barely noticed it the second, but I do remember Allstate coverage being part of the deal. Think it's an eBay thing.

Mar 22, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #31,072 of 62,385
Details here (on that page is a link to file a claim). I noticed not all listings for the EA75t carry the warranty (e.g. not this one), I used the link that @miserybeforethemusic posted: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jabra-Elit...ss-Earbuds-Certified-Refurbished/164441338697 which is sold directly by Jabra.
Thanks. Yeah that’s what I purchased. Looks like you just get the warranty. For 80 bucks I am definitely satisfied. For “beater” buds they will do nicely. I noticed on my bike the insane bass is tempered a bit into just a whole lotta bass.

Mar 22, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #31,073 of 62,385
Bingo. Pretty sure they shipped me an email with claim instructions, should they be needed.

That Jabra/GN store is awesome, but really gets better when eBay does its sitewide coupons. Best time to buy would be when the coupon code is for 20% off or more.

Fingers crossed they "Active-ate" the 85t's tuning. I'm hoping they do.

Truth be told, I glossed over it the first time and barely noticed it the second, but I do remember Allstate coverage being part of the deal. Think it's an eBay thing.
The only thing I saw was in the title but nowhere within the listing. Amazon sells same item at same price also sold direct by Jabra and warranty says 180 days. Not sure why it would be more through eBay.

Mar 23, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #31,075 of 62,385
Truthfully through eBay I won't pay any taxes or duties to Canada and likely free returns. Think my credit card would extend my warranty to double so would still get a year I imagine...
That explains it - the warranty is US only:
EA75T-Ad.png

Mar 23, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #31,076 of 62,385
That explains it - the warranty is US only:
Interesting I was on eBay. Com but it must have seen me as a Canadian address. Guess my best bet is Amazon then.

On a different note I really am amazed at the sound I am getting on the Huawei. I would put their sound right up there with my favorites but with so much more functionality. They need some EQ in the Treble bit mean they are clear with great sound stage and instrument separation. I am really healthy i stumbled onto these.

Not sure why none else is using them.
Anyone on Android I am happy to share my EQ settings from wavelet. Getting nice detail in treble with these settings now too. Better than MT and JBL. I also live the analog sound of the MT too, but if I had to return every earbud I own and use one as my daily driver for every circumstance these would win.

Mar 23, 2021 at 3:44 AM Post #31,077 of 62,385
the chipset thing is annoying.

I got some cheap soundpeats for sleeping and podcasts, didnt think i need much.

so you have Qualcomm, Realtek and Mediatek now with chipsets, and unless you get something qualcomm powered or something from Sony, its going to be just SBC and AAC and the latency will suck. and were seing a lot of manufacturers saving a buck or two getting the realtek or Mediatek chipset so they can skip on the aptx license, so they are great for music, but as soon as you watch a video o try to follow a clip on youtube. screw it.
Latency is more a problem with Android's optimization. Android 9 Pie onwards improved it significantly compared to previous versions, but it still falls behind compared to Windows 10. My laptop has Intel BT5.0 Bluetooth stack and the latency is good enough for some basic gaming, whether I'm using AptX or SBC. Earfun Free Pro's low latency mode helps a bit as well but it was already good to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back