Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 23, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #31,096 of 62,574
Looks like M&D has a new offering. Slightly bigger driver and likely real ANC. I struggle with the fit on these so that’s a bummer. Certainly look the part:

https://www.engadget.com/master-and-dynamic-mw08-true-wireless-earbuds-120013056.html

and some reviews are out:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/2...08-true-wireless-earbuds-impress-in-every-way
Looks like the app may allow you to disable in ear detection too, which is why I went with the MW07 Go instead of the Plus (hate when I pull one earbud out only to have my music stop). A welcome change. Three mics seems promising too. Definitely interested in seeing what this new driver can do although there is a lot more competition now than there was back in 2019 when the MW07 Plus/Go came out.

Mar 24, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #31,097 of 62,574
Looks like the app may allow you to disable in ear detection too, which is why I went with the MW07 Go instead of the Plus (hate when I pull one earbud out only to have my music stop). A welcome change. Three mics seems promising too. Definitely interested in seeing what this new driver can do although there is a lot more competition now than there was back in 2019 when the MW07 Plus/Go came out.
My only reluctance with these are they are a great behind the competition.
Jabra, Huawei, Samsung, JBL,I think Sennheiser all use 3 mic systems.
They still don't offer wireless charging. Seems the ANC might finally catch up to the competition but that is still to be determined. They just don't seem to offer anything new.

Mar 24, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #31,099 of 62,574
whats the general opinion about the Huawei freebuds pro ? supposably they aren't on the same level as Sony or Galaxy Buds pro on sound quality, but the Kirin Soc seems to be very effective, ANC is great, very low latency, good multipoint connection (what's killing me with the N400), at least that's what i got from the reviews out there.

Mar 24, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #31,100 of 62,574
PSA for people with Bose QC earbuds or those considering buying them ... apparently there is a pretty nasty bug for some units / users, in which the buds do not disconnect when put in case, or randomly reconnect, thus draining power and people report missed alarms / phone calls on Bose's community,
For what those buds cost, this is really unacceptable and the 'help' given in the thread is rather 'meh' (reboot, read all of our possible trouble shooting guidelines, find service center)

Unfortunately in my location there is no real 'service center' and I could possibly only return in case of real 'stopped working' ... not sure how / if the warranty rules in this country work ...

Quite disappointing Bose!

Mar 24, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #31,101 of 62,574
whats the general opinion about the Huawei freebuds pro ? supposably they aren't on the same level as Sony or Galaxy Buds pro on sound quality, but the Kirin Soc seems to be very effective, ANC is great, very low latency, good multipoint connection (what's killing me with the N400), at least that's what i got from the reviews out there.

How will you be using them? I have owned both and didn't get asking with the Samsung's.
They lack all the controls on the buds. The touch sensor way too sensitive with false presses all the time.
Sound worse they were very good but the Treble was a bit much and the mids lacking.

Freebuds pro have great controls. Great ANC and multi pairing.
Sound wise they are best opposite to Samsung. They are weather sounding with better mid range. If you are on Android you can use wavelet and bring up the Treble on them and it really opens up the sound in terms of detail and sound stage.

Mar 24, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #31,102 of 62,574
My only reluctance with these are they are a great behind the competition.
Jabra, Huawei, Samsung, JBL,I think Sennheiser all use 3 mic systems.
They still don't offer wireless charging. Seems the ANC might finally catch up to the competition but that is still to be determined. They just don't seem to offer anything new.
I do not disagree. In my opinion, many of the "updated" features are what should have been included in the MW07 Plus and it is a bit too late. It does seem like these may be smaller in physical dimensions and maybe the new larger driver can work some magic so I left that out of my initial comment and will reserve judgement. Hopefully we can see some real impressions here soon but I am probably taking a pass on this one unless I hear that there is a massive SQ upgrade since my MW07 Go still work great.

Mar 24, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #31,104 of 62,574
I do not disagree. In my opinion, many of the "updated" features are what should have been included in the MW07 Plus and it is a bit too late. It does seem like these may be smaller in physical dimensions and maybe the new larger driver can work some magic so I left that out of my initial comment and will reserve judgement. Hopefully we can see some real impressions here soon but I am probably taking a pass on this one unless I hear that there is a massive SQ upgrade since my MW07 Go still work great.
Seems alot companies are playing catch-up. Assuming Sennheiser first with making TWS they will improve ANC and maybe add wireless charging next.

Sony was groundbreaking in 2019! ANC that was top level with good sound. They just were too bulky both case and buds. They could have updated them in 2020 but the completion was barely catching up.

This year assuming the xm4 leak is real we will see a smaller bud with I have to imagine wireless charging. How much better performing they will be will likely be more at the call end as they were lacking there.

For now my freebuds pro do everything I could want. Single bud use. Multipoint connection. Top level ANC. Very good battery life in buds and case. A very good sound that when tweaked is as good to my ears as the Sony was with better tighter bass. Wireless charging and very secure fit.
Only lacking thing is the official IP rating though I have read some various reports they are likely ipx4 equivalent.

Don't see anyone surpassing that feature set anytime soon. That's why I think 2022 or late 2021 will be the next leap.

Mar 24, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #31,105 of 62,574
I was trying to figure out if they are smaller or not. Couldn’t find anything definitive but I agree that would be a worthwhile change.

Mar 24, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #31,108 of 62,574
Has anyone tried the HiFi TWS800 or Grado GT220? I wonder how they compare to the Sony or Sennheiser or Noble. Thanks
There are quite a few people in the thread that have tried the GT220 and also have the Sony, Sennheiser, and/or Noble. The TWS800 is less popular here due to the shortcomings of the TWS600 and the price point it comes in at (300 USD when its predecessor was less than stellar/borderline hard to listen to). I do own the TWS800, but not the GT220. However, I don't own the new Sony, Sennheiser, or Noble so comparisons won't be possible :/ The only thing I can really say about the TWS800 is that it's an analytical signature with a modest bass bump. Think Etymotic with a tad more upper treble and a small bass bump (probably more akin to their XR series of IEMs).

Edit: keep in mind that for the price of the TWS800 and GT220 you could in theory buy the Tin HiFi P1 and the Fiio UTWS3 or TRN BT20s Pro and get SQ that is going to be very difficult to beat. I was able to find the P1 for 130 bucks (retails for 170) and the TWS adapters for 80 bucks, so the setup costs about 210-250 dollars total. If you already own an MMCX or 2-pin IEM that you enjoy, this might be a pretty cheap direction to go. Especially if you don't care about ANC, transparency, and the other features that are currently being pushed in more mainstream TWS setups (which may be the case if you're asking about the TWS800, GT220, and Noble).

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #31,109 of 62,574
There are quite a few people in the thread that have tried the GT220 and also have the Sony, Sennheiser, and/or Noble. The TWS800 is less popular here due to the shortcomings of the TWS600 and the price point it comes in at (300 USD when its predecessor was less than stellar/borderline hard to listen to). I do own the TWS800, but not the GT220. However, I don't own the new Sony, Sennheiser, or Noble so comparisons won't be possible :/ The only thing I can really say about the TWS800 is that it's an analytical signature with a modest bass bump. Think Etymotic with a tad more upper treble and a small bass bump (probably more akin to their XR series of IEMs).

Edit: keep in mind that for the price of the TWS800 and GT220 you could in theory buy the Tin HiFi P1 and the Fiio UTWS3 or TRN BT20s Pro and get SQ that is going to be very difficult to beat. I was able to find the P1 for 130 bucks (retails for 170) and the TWS adapters for 80 bucks, so the setup costs about 210-250 dollars total. If you already own an MMCX or 2-pin IEM that you enjoy, this might be a pretty cheap direction to go. Especially if you don't care about ANC, transparency, and the other features that are currently being pushed in more mainstream TWS setups (which may be the case if you're asking about the TWS800, GT220, and Noble).
Does the p1 fit with the TRN? I’ve had issues getting iems to fit with the hooks.

Mar 24, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #31,110 of 62,574
Does the p1 fit with the TRN? I’ve had issues getting iems to fit with the hooks.
The P1 are tiny, so they'll fit in the TRN case. But you are correct, the TRN case is a bit finicky as it doesn't give a bunch of head room for IEMs to fit (which is kind of a shame). The little elastic pouch will push up against the P1 when you close it, but the top of the case itself won't.

Edit: I should note that I'm using the smallest tips provided by Tin HiFi. If you're using a foam or something, then the elastic band may mess with those. Most silicone tips are kind of resilient to that though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back