Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 5, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #30,241 of 62,340
Looks like a full wipe took care of the gremlins for now. Volume control by phone works just fine with the MTs now Volume control's still borked, but at least pairing was effortless this time. I did learn that, if your MT factory reset is successful, one or both of the lights may not come back on after it's finished...means it's powered down and ready for immediate pairing after they get pulled out of the case. That's kinda nifty.

I'm just not looking forward to restoring all of my app logins now...man, I really need to get Titanium up and running on this thing.
I just thought of this, because I had issues with this when I first started using my Deva. Did you try disabling absolute volume in developers options? Many BT devices aren't compatible with this, and I believe it is enabled by default on phones. Or enabling it if it is disabled?!

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #30,242 of 62,340
Yeah, even with the large selection of tips/wings I also found these to be hard to get a good fit. I ended up using the Spinfit CP360, and as of today, I have taken the wings out. I haven't had time to test them for a day or more yet, but even the small ones had a bit of a hot-spot (though not as big as the medium and large ones). Maybe my skin doesn't like the material used or something, because there was not really any pressure that would indicate they might hurt after a while. Hope you get them to your liking, because it would a shame if you had to get rid of them just because you can't get them stuffed in your ears comfortably....

Ironically my most comfortable fitting tws right now are the Fiil t1pro.
JBL comfortable but not as secure.
Oddly the Sony are doing well in that regard and at the price I paid and their great ANC I might just keep them

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #30,243 of 62,340
I just thought of this, because I had issues with this when I first started using my Deva. Did you try disabling absolute volume in developers options? Many BT devices aren't compatible with this, and I believe it is enabled by default on phones. Or enabling it if it is disabled?!
Thanks! Box was called "Disable Absolute Volume" and, by default, was unchecked. It is now checked. I'll let you know if that works.

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #30,244 of 62,340
Access idly my must comfortable firing tws right now are the Fiil t1pro.
JBL comfortable but not as secure.
Oddly the Sony are doing well in that regard and at the price I paid and their great ANC I might just keep them
Just curious, why do you find that odd? Are they known to not be comfortable or secure?

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #30,246 of 62,340
Just curious, why do you find that odd? Are they known to not be comfortable or secure?
Well the Sony if you read are always considered poor fitting easy to fall out.... With the right tips they seem very secure and while they are heavier so I notice them in my ears there is never discomfort and can wear comfortably for a long time.
I am having such a hard time finding a daily driver earbud that I can use for most activities.

If I can get the MT to fit comfortably then they have great sound transparency and a secure fit for exercise. Not ready to give up. Just need to rest my bruised ears.

Mar 5, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #30,247 of 62,340
Mar 5, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #30,248 of 62,340
I would disagree on Noble Falcons. I think, they have the best sound out of all on your list. At least resolution and sound stage. I have Grados on order. Will see if they will beat it.
I'm with you on this. Love my Falcon pros. At first with the stock tips the treble har far too much bite for me, but that is actually a good thing for tws. Airh final audio type e tips, the treble gets reduced to what I would consider normal levels with detail. Treble is the biggest issue with tws, due to codec and freq response. It's the upper registers that lose the most information as they are higher on the freq spectrum. I almost feel as if I don't miss much detail with the falcon pro and final e tips. They are awesome. Ambient mode works well enough as I don't have to take them off, and passive cancelation is good with the deep fit. Aptx adaptive works great for gaming with an aptx ll adapter and my Switch. These are great musical iems. Best I've heard to date. Haven't heard Grado, but like them better than Sennheiser

Mar 6, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #30,249 of 62,340
New update available for galaxy buds live.

mUTADm9.jpg

Mar 6, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #30,250 of 62,340
Mar 6, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #30,252 of 62,340
If I could make a suggestion?! If you like the N6Pro sound but want better bass, then maybe you should try the Hifiman TWS600. They do in fact have much better bass. It is similar in that it is not totally in your face, but it is much fuller and has some texture to it. They are tuned to be mid forward just like the N6Pro, and they have great detail retrieval. Granted they are AAC or SBC (no AptX), but I can't really hear the difference on these. I think they did the codecs right. The big difference, besides the bass, is that the mids are actually a bit too forwards. I EQ down the 1k and 2k region a bit further than I do with the N6Pro (but you may like them as is). The other thing that makes them attractive is that they are only $50, so you really can't lose.

I would say that those two are very similar in tuning, but the Hifiman is actually a bit cleaner overall, just a bit shouty in the upper mid/lower treble, but certainly not sibilant at all. I believe they do burn-in (or your brain gets used it) and tone down a bit, but if you can't handle it, then just EQ that region down about 3 or 4 db.

These are some of the best fitting TWS I have, and I love the physical button (which is not TOO stiff or TOO soft). I have worn these all day at work and not a single hot-spot. Granted, I ditched the stock tips (which weren't bad per se') for the Final E tips (the regular ones), and they are even more comfortable for me. They also fit into the case with these (and I suspect any stock IEM tips) really well.

Keep in mind that when I say better bass, it is not boomy, nor is it huge amounts in quantity, but it is the quality. It DOES have more quantity too, but it is not all sub-bass, and it is much better controlled. There is good mid and upper bass too. I can hear the snares and all other drums much better on these (which is pretty much a prerequisite nowadays for me, because while I do like some synth bass, I really love analog or real instruments that make those sounds). I wouldn't classify the bass as fast and punchy as planars or even really good dynamics, but for a TWS it is almost an "audiophile" type of bass in its quality.

Anyhow just a suggestion if you like the N6Pro sound!
Thank you for that suggestion, for that price it can't hurt. And great descriptions. i'm not after boomy bass but fuller and more texture are exactly what i'm after.

Mar 6, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #30,253 of 62,340
I'm with you on this. Love my Falcon pros. At first with the stock tips the treble har far too much bite for me, but that is actually a good thing for tws. Airh final audio type e tips, the treble gets reduced to what I would consider normal levels with detail. Treble is the biggest issue with tws, due to codec and freq response. It's the upper registers that lose the most information as they are higher on the freq spectrum. I almost feel as if I don't miss much detail with the falcon pro and final e tips. They are awesome. Ambient mode works well enough as I don't have to take them off, and passive cancelation is good with the deep fit. Aptx adaptive works great for gaming with an aptx ll adapter and my Switch. These are great musical iems. Best I've heard to date. Haven't heard Grado, but like them better than Sennheiser
Glad you like them too. I got the Grados and returned them the same day. The Falcons sound much better. Now, out of all top tier, I tried everything except UE and Hifiman
TWS and nothing sounds better to my ears when Noble Falcon pros.

Mar 6, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #30,254 of 62,340

Users who are viewing this thread

Back