Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 5, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #30,166 of 62,596
The MT has USB-C not micro... :)
Oh that's great. The second bullet point on the Amazon product listing says "
  • UP TO 50 HOURS PLAYTIME - Up to 9 hours playback without recharging the Melomania Touch ear buds. Case battery holds an additional 41 hours of charge. 30 minutes to charge earbuds; 2 hours to charge the case via micro-USB (cable included)."

Mar 5, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #30,168 of 62,596
  • UP TO 50 HOURS PLAYTIME - Up to 9 hours playback without recharging the Melomania Touch ear buds. Case battery holds an additional 41 hours of charge. 30 minutes to charge earbuds; 2 hours to charge the case via micro-USB (cable included)."
Looks like someone was lazy when they wrote that...

Mar 5, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #30,169 of 62,596
How would you compare the sound signature of the mu3 to your Q300s? I also have the old Q series and was pretty excited to see KEF throw their hat in the ring. They make great stuff.
Wish I could tell you, but they're sold out at the moment. I'll probably end up picking them up in the future, though.
The more I read about the MT the more I am excited about them coming here on Sunday. But really, micro USB? I mean come on, USB-C should be the norm.
USB-C. Doesn't have wireless charging, though. Really wish it did.
Hahaha oops yeah that's a typo.

Mar 5, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #30,170 of 62,596
Loving the sound on these. Makes the Sennheiser sound boring.
Bass goes lowwwww.
Mifs and highs are more exciting. Only area I think Sennheiser wind is the upper treble has a certain bite and clarity that I have yet to hear matched.

Just having an issue with the case. Using the Sennheiser tip I can't just drop it in or it won't necessarily start charging and turn off the bud. I have to wriggle it.

Sennheiser or JBL or sunny you just drop em in without a worry.
Otherwise I love em for their sound They are also nearly 15% louder than the mtw2 .
I can listen on 55% volume where similar volume would need my one turned up to 70%

Mar 5, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #30,171 of 62,596
Bass goes lowwwww.
Mifs and highs are more exciting. Only area I think Sennheiser wind is the upper treble has a certain bite and clarity that I have yet to hear matched.

Just having an issue with the case. Using the Sennheiser tip I can't just drop it in or it won't necessarily start charging and turn off the bud. I have to wriggle it.

Otherwise I love em for their sound They are also nearly 15% louder than the mtw2 .
I can listen on 55% volume where similar volume would need my one turned up to 70%
Which ones are you talking about? The MT?

Mar 5, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #30,173 of 62,596
its interesting Qualcomm has already launched new bluetooth chips (QCC3056 and QCC515x). Previous version released year back(QCC3046 and QCC514x) are barely seen(I know about Soundpeats and Vivo but that is almost negligible compared to sheer number of TWS released almost every day. Are these chips too expensive for OEM's to use them. I dont think we have any TWS with QCC5146.

Mar 5, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #30,174 of 62,596
Bass goes lowwwww.

I find myself wanting more in the treble as well, but I realized that the MT's real strength is in its bass textures and drum impact. These get really energetic once you EQ a little bit of the bloat out of there and really let the lower mids shine, but not in a fatiguing way.

Going back to something I said earlier today about timbre-accurate sound, I'm really finding some good moments with the JBLs in recordings where I have just heard some fantastically-accurate instruments. Not always the most pleasant thing to hear, especially with overly-compressed/brickwalled recordings, but those shining moments are awesome.

Everybody's welcome to listen along, provided you have a Qobuz subscription. I'll have to work on the Spotify equivalent eventually:

http://open.qobuz.com/playlist/2377418

Mar 5, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #30,175 of 62,596
its interesting Qualcomm has already launched new bluetooth chips (QCC3056 and QCC515x). Previous version released year back(QCC3046 and QCC514x) are barely seen(I know about Soundpeats and Vivo but that is almost negligible compared to sheer number of TWS released almost every day. Are these chips too expensive for OEM's to use them. I dont think we have any TWS with QCC5146.
Probably. I'm assuming that the first in the supply chain pecking order would be the major smartphone players. Becomes prohibitively expensive to R&D the latest tech into your product the further down that list you get.

Mar 5, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #30,176 of 62,596
It's a bit baffling that Edifier in particular seems reluctant to add volume control on their devices, maybe they're thinking "if Apple doesn't we don't have to".

Earfun Free Pro with filters removed using Samsung Galaxy Buds Large Eartips is a pretty good combination. No more crappy flange flipping and the seal is much better better. There's a thicker sound in the upper mids though it does feel like the treble is rolled off (or maybe I've been listening to filterless for too long, which has a very raw treble response) .
The Tozo aren't too bad, you can't turn off ANC with the buttons once you activate it though so you have to put them back in the box to turn it off (or use the app of their clones whose name escapes me right now).

They posted a detailed review on Rtings recently.
Those would be the 20Decebel app. Some users have complained it bricked their Tozos in one way or another after updating the firmware, such as causing increased battery drain. I have the TaoTronics 94 and see an option to update the firmware but don't have to do it to use any of the features.

Can't speak for these but Tozo is supposed to have a brighter sound than the Taotronics or 20Decebel. I also loathe the battery life of the TaoTronics as once the case is low on battery you cannot power off the earbuds and they only last me about 10 hours at high volumes.

I'm still waiting for SoundPeats T2 but they still aren't available in Canada. For whatever reason you can't even import them from Amazon.com

I remember reading something about them acquiring the company and keeping the name only. Maybe an engineer or two survived the transfer, who knows? They've just been slapping the AKG name on all of their stuff to gain market share since, though.
Well they have been aggressively pushing for the Harman IEM target tuning on the Galaxy Buds/Buds+/N400

Mar 5, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #30,177 of 62,596
Well they have been aggressively pushing for the Harman IEM target tuning on the Galaxy Buds/Buds+/N400
Explains why there's a lot of good reviews on their SQ if that's the case. Still seems like a cash grab to me, though.

Mar 5, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #30,178 of 62,596
Bass goes lowwwww.

That has been my nuisance with the MT case too since I got them, but it's a mild nuisance. Just takes couple extra seconds and have to ensure red light is on. With the Sony/sennheiser/technics, you just throw them in and done.

And it's usually with the right earbud and never with the left for me. Just the way it is built I guess. I'm used to it now. No biggie after 2 months :p

Mar 5, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #30,179 of 62,596
Bass goes lowwwww.

Stop this 😀😀😀 I am getting too hyped up now 😀
according to DPD mine arrive today . It’s my first wireless earbud so not really sure what to expect .......but looking forward to them arriving .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back