Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 4, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #30,136 of 62,822
I've read a lot of reviews of the Technics and never read that comment. I did find that commented a lot about the first MTW.

I ordered the MT's also. I can't afford both the Technics and the MT so I'll return one or both, but I have 4 weeks before my next billing cycle so it's a no brainer.

I know a few around here myself included experienced the case issue and saw it in a review somewhere as well bit don't recall which one.

Ask @dweaver

Mar 4, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #30,138 of 62,822
Glad you like 'em! They really just have a special quality to them that's hard to quantify. Good luck nailing down that fit!

My goal is always for what grabs me the most natural timbre out of a track, but can be configured for a little fun, if necessary. Bit of a pipe dream in the TWS space, but it's been a fun journey so far.

The fit on the MT seems great using the sennheisers large in my ear that usually has issues.
Those tips look much like the ones you posted from the Falcons.

Definitely most secure fit.i can shake my head or position it any which way and they don't budget at all. The fins I am still figuring which are most secure without any discomfort bit even the discomfort seems short lived .

The sound is definitely unique and I am still trying to find my preferred EQ settings.
There is great soundstage.
Very powerful but not boomy bass. Mids and highs are a bit recessed so I am trying to EQ them up yet somehow piano and strings still have a nice Livy sound.
Overall tone is a bit warm like Sennheiser and Jabra compared to the brighter JBL and Sony.
Makes me wonder what to keep as keeping JBL or Sony gives me a different sound signature.

Curious for MT owners what is their best EQ settings to bring out the detail in the upper range.

Mar 4, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #30,139 of 62,822
Yes the case continuously tried to charge the buds even when they are charged up and so the case drains down over time. Most buds the case store when buds are charged up.
Read about it to confirm. This was a bit issue assistant with the first Sennheiser bud
I had forgot about checking into that issue. Some of the older model TWS had that issue, and I guess I assumed that was solved. My Bose Soundsport free has that issue, and it turns me off severely. Sometimes I can go a few days without listening to them, and by that time they would be dead.

Mar 4, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #30,143 of 62,822
How have you EQ them?
What tips and fins?
I use Spinfit CP360 small and mediuim with small fins. I found the large and medium fins to fit better but cause hot-spots after a while of use. Here is my EQ setting for them:

MTEQSettings.jpg

This setting (to my ears) dials down the sub-bass a bit, but still gives some good bass overall, brings up the mids, and gives them a bit more clarity and sparkle.... It's not perfect, but the best I have found on this EQ app. I found there isn't really a need to do subtractive on this EQ as it is basically set to autogain on the fly, and I don't actually lose any volume or clip with additive. As a matter of fact, I find using this same setting but with subtractive, they sound different, so that means there are possibly more combinations than one might think at first glance.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #30,144 of 62,822
My favorite MT eq (gets bright but I like bright tbh):

eq3.JPG

Mar 4, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #30,145 of 62,822
My favorite MT eq (gets bright but I like bright tbh):

eq3.JPG
That second treble is what usually makes music "shouty" to me, and I normally tone it down a bit, but overall I agree, I like bright, as long as it brings good detail retrieval without screechy or sibilant.

Mar 4, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #30,146 of 62,822
Curious for MT owners what is their best EQ settings to bring out the detail in the upper range.
You can try one of these:
Screenshot_20210304-174632~2.jpg
Screenshot_20210304-174627~2.jpg

Mar 4, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #30,147 of 62,822
Mar 4, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #30,148 of 62,822
That second treble is what usually makes music "shouty" to me, and I normally tone it down a bit, but overall I agree, I like bright, as long as it brings good detail retrieval without screechy or sibilant.
I will try your EQ too. Just have to flip the two treble frequencies and go back and forth.

I'm happy with bass though. I might bring up bass2 a tiny bit but not much change there

Mar 4, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #30,149 of 62,822

Users who are viewing this thread

Back