Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 23, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #29,566 of 62,789
New TWS… well it’s more of a Frankenstein to create a TWS. Fiio UTWS 3 + Audeze Euclid. The Fiio has a really nice DAC/amp in it which is more than capable of driving the Euclid IMO. I also have the Fiio neckband which offers a ton more features I wish this had for my Nightingale (2-pin) as I was planning to turn that into a TWS too. Mainly I’ll miss the 10-bad EQ the neckband has vs the 5-band the TWS setup offers. While not an issue with the Euclid, the Nightingale needs an EQ to sound anywhere near coherent.

8DAA9144-3710-4456-9605-AD466EC45C0A.jpeg

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #29,567 of 62,789
New TWS… well it’s more of a Frankenstein to create a TWS. Fiio UTWS 3 + Audeze Euclid. The Fiio has a really nice DAC/amp in it which is more than capable of driving the Euclid IMO. I also have the Fiio neckband which offers a ton more features I wish this had for my Nightingale (2-pin) as I was planning to turn that into a TWS too. Mainly I’ll miss the 10-bad EQ the neckband has vs the 5-band the TWS setup offers. While not an issue with the Euclid, the Nightingale needs an EQ to sound anywhere near coherent.

What's your take on the Euclid relative to, say the iSine or Mobius? These piqued my curiosity, but they're definitely a long-term strategy price-wise.

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #29,568 of 62,789
@dj24 - thx I already had the Jabra Direct s/w installed (same version as one in your link). Which non-Jabra TWS do you have that works with it?
I'm currently sing the Jabra Elite Active 75t without any issues. Previously I've had the Tranya M10 and the original Bomaker Sifi and they worked really well too. I couldn't get the Samsung Buds + to work though. They kept disconnecting frequently for some reason and my understanding is that they're the only brand that are not compatible.

My advice is to keep trying until you get the connection going the first time around. It's difficult at first but connection is instantaneous every time after that.

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #29,569 of 62,789
What's your take on the Euclid relative to, say the iSine or Mobius? These piqued my curiosity, but they're definitely a long-term strategy price-wise.

The Mobius actually also has a thicker bass presentation in the Music EQ as well, though the total quantity seems about 1 or 2 dB above the Euclid (they’re very close in quantity like this); in contrast the Euclid seems to be a bit more delicate in the way it presents the bass. The midrange on the Mobius sounds a little more hallow in comparison with a more upfront focus on detailing. The treble on the Euclid has a tad more energy and splash in the treble as a whole and does better with detailing up here. Overall the the Euclid does end up sounding a lot cleaner than the Mobius.

I could probably say similar stuff in comparison to the iSine 10 except that the iSine 10 don’t really have that hallower midrange that I hear in the Mobius.

I did post my general first impressions of the Euclid earlier in Audeze’s announcement thread. Still need to give them time to burn in and stuff though.

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #29,570 of 62,789

Holy crap that is amazing. This might be a path I go down as well vs going through the "real TWS" market. Now I need to do some research on what MMCX IEMs to pair with these.

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #29,571 of 62,789
Holy crap that is amazing. This might be a path I go down as well vs going through the "real TWS" market. Now I need to do some research on what MMCX IEMs to pair with these.

Fiio also makes a 2-pin as well :wink: But only shallow/flush 2-pin setups will work with it (so a recessed 2-pin socket may not work). But yeah, it really opens up the options for TWS. The only downside with them is the size of the case. Oh, I haven‘t tested call quality either since that’s not a huge thing for me.

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #29,572 of 62,789
Fiio also makes a 2-pin as well :wink: But only shallow/flush 2-pin setups will work with it (so a recessed 2-pin socket may not work). But yeah, it really opens up the options for TWS. The only downside with them is the size of the case. Oh, I haven‘t tested call quality either since that’s not a huge thing for me.
If it's above average in call quality, that's good enough for me. If you don't mind me asking, where did you end up ordering it from, and can you provide a link? I get directed to aliexpress from Fiio's website, but not directly to a product page on their aliexpress store. Just want to make sure that if I do end up buying these, I'm not getting a counterfeit.

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #29,573 of 62,789
If it's above average in call quality, that's good enough for me. If you don't mind me asking, where did you end up ordering it from, and can you provide a link? I get directed to aliexpress from Fiio's website, but not directly to a product page on their aliexpress store. Just want to make sure that if I do end up buying these, I'm not getting a counterfeit.

I ended up purchasing the MMCX from Amazon. I did buy a 2-pin from AliExpress, but it hasn’t arrived yet, I don’t remember who the reseller is for that though.

Edit: can’t find the 2-pin on Amazon, but the MMCX goes in and out of stock.

Edit 2: I made a voice memo using the headphones. It seemed pretty clean on that end. But not sure how that translate to going over the phone to another person. It’s also quiet where I am right now too though.

Edit 3: sorry for the massive edits. TRN also has an adapter this is cheaper than Fiio‘s as well. I’m not sure how good the adapter is though; I do know it doesn’t have the EQ and other app features though.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #29,574 of 62,789
I ended up purchasing the MMCX from Amazon. I did buy a 2-pin from AliExpress, but it hasn’t arrived yet, I don’t remember who the reseller is for that though.

Edit: can’t find the 2-pin on Amazon, but the MMCX goes in and out of stock.

Edit 2: I made a voice memo using the headphones. It seemed pretty clean on that end. But not sure how that translate to going over the phone to another person. It’s also quiet where I am right now too though.

Edit 3: sorry for the massive edits. TRN also has an adapter this is cheaper than Fiio‘s as well. I’m not sure how good the adapter is though; I do know it doesn’t have the EQ and other app features though.

Ah no wonder I couldn't find it on Amazon, it's out of stock now. I'll get on the waiting list for this. Thanks again for making me aware of development in the TWS adapter segment

Feb 23, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #29,575 of 62,789

Cool but can the fiio really drive the Euclid properly?

Feb 24, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #29,576 of 62,789
Cool but can the fiio really drive the Euclid properly?

Actually, Audeze said they can. The specs kind of say that too with a 12 ohm impedance and 105 dB/1mW sensitivity, they should be pretty easy to drive.

Edited: linked post from Audeze stating they’re easy to drive.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #29,580 of 62,789
Not at all. The hinge seems pretty solid. Overall the buds AND the case seem very solid.
Awesome. Yeah the case feels solid, it's just the hinge is so loose feeling. When i got them i was in the middle of moving and never got around to asking nuarl. it's not like the lid just flops all over the place, i just wish it felt more secure to me than it does. The buds are solid indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back