Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 23, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #29,536 of 63,223
The JBL Club Pro plus might be a good option for you. they have amazing sound a very good fit if you use different tips as the supplied ones seem a bit small they get loud they are very tunable with their equalizer their ipx for rated they do have noise canceling but it is not the best but the Ambient sound feature is good and the call quality so far seems quite good.

Feb 23, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #29,537 of 63,223
They got off to a rough start. Probably best to avoid all the first gen/early stuff. Real growing pains. Unfortunately that means all the US stuff till the current gen gets here. I bought the 70TW just because of the f*ck ups actually. I trusted they had to up their game and it seems like they did. The effort can be seen to improve. Still a few niggles like making the case small makes them closer together and a bit harder to take out esp. since the magnets hold them in strongly. Perhaps the button will be a little small for the fatter of fingers to easily press. And they still have their ear tip challenges even those these have a horn design and are trying to lock on to the earphones real well. A better effort on this one.

Feb 23, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #29,538 of 63,223
https://www.reddit.com/r/Jabra/comments/f6jrpa/using_jabra_elite_75t_as_bluetooth_headset_on/

I went ahead with the Jabra Link 380 USB-C and haven't looked back since then. Works great with all my VOIP work calls and most TWS except Samsung. Unfortunately this the best we can do until APTX Voice which was announced in CES 2020 starts appearing in future TWS devices.
I got the 370 UC but unfortunately none of my TWS work properly with it - at best they function the same way as with my regular BT adapter and at worst, some won't connect at all; I do have an 85t on the way and while not stated to be compatible, am hopeful it'll work.

I checked the settings in the Jabra Direct app but don't see anything that'd enable the mic and still maintain A2DP - did you have to do anything special aside from pairing with the adapter?

Feb 23, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #29,539 of 63,223
I may be in the minority but I find that they make the bass weaker and have yet to give me a great fit. They are comfy and secure but that bendable part of the tube makes them sheets feel like the buds are loosely floating in my ears.
I have yet to make them the main tips in any of my buds though they are closest in the XM3.
+1 as regards the XM3. I have returned to use the comply truegrip pro...

Feb 23, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #29,541 of 63,223
Considering every post I make involving Senn gets taken down, I won't be surprised if this one does, too.

Still waiting on the CX400BT. UPS has already been here and it apparently wasn't on board. These did show up, though:

IMG_20210223_115750_01.jpg

UE FITS arrived in record time, but UE is also right around the corner for me. The M&Ds, though, are a special Reddit find and effectively BNIB. Really curious to see where they are similar and where they differ from each other.

Oh and don't know if my impressions of the Earfun Free Pro got deleted, either, but I really like those dang things. IMO, probably the best bang-for-your-buck in terms of "quick-shipping" TWS, though I could see how the Lypertek Tevi's sound signature would be favored over the EFP's.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #29,542 of 63,223
Considering every post I make involving Senn gets taken down, I won't be surprised if this one does, too.

Still waiting on the CX400BT. UPS has already been here and it apparently wasn't on board. These did show up, though:

UE FITS arrived in record time, but UE is also right around the corner for me. The M&Ds, though, are a special Reddit find and effectively BNIB. Really curious to see where they are similar and where they differ from each other.

Oh and don't know if my impressions of the Earfun Free Pro got deleted, either, but I really like those dang things. IMO, probably the best bang-for-your-buck in terms of "quick-shipping" TWS, though I could see how the Lypertek Tevi's sound signature would be favored over the EFP's.
So far, already hitting issues with the UE FITS not wanting to perform a firmware update. Unfortunately, you can't figure this out until you've already done the molding process, so guess I'm going to keep giving it a shot until this update eventually takes.

Also bummed that these don't have wireless charging. Considering the Earfun Free Pro's case is technically smaller all around and features it, seeing it omitted on the UEs is a bit of a bummer. Really does help me appreciate how small the EFP's case is, even relative to the UEs. M&D's case sits somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #29,543 of 63,223
I got the 370 UC but unfortunately none of my TWS work properly with it - at best they function the same way as with my regular BT adapter and at worst, some won't connect at all; I do have an 85t on the way and while not stated to be compatible, am hopeful it'll work.

I checked the settings in the Jabra Direct app but don't see anything that'd enable the mic and still maintain A2DP - did you have to do anything special aside from pairing with the adapter?

Hope you don't mind I take the mantle and answer this one for you. You just need to download the Jabra software to get going..

https://www.jabra.com/supportpages/jabra-link-370#/#14208-08

Edit: Not sure if it matters but make sure you choose the right variant of your 370 from the drop down menu first.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #29,545 of 63,223
So far, already hitting issues with the UE FITS not wanting to perform a firmware update. Unfortunately, you can't figure this out until you've already done the molding process, so guess I'm going to keep giving it a shot until this update eventually takes.

Also bummed that these don't have wireless charging. Considering the Earfun Free Pro's case is technically smaller all around and features it, seeing it omitted on the UEs is a bit of a bummer. Really does help me appreciate how small the EFP's case is, even relative to the UEs. M&D's case sits somewhere in the middle.

You should be able to complete the molding process before updating the firmware. The molds do get warm and have a distinct odor to them after molding :p Perfect time to update the firmware actually, let them cool off XD

Feb 23, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #29,546 of 63,223
UEs are probably going back. Left earbud keeps throwing itself in standby mode every couple minutes. Trying to get in touch with their CS, but it's another webform.

Not that pleased with the sound signature, anyway. Neutral, sure. EQ-able, kinda. Comfy, yeah, but that doesn't matter when one ear is constantly losing signal.

Feb 23, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #29,547 of 63,223
UEs are probably going back. Left earbud keeps throwing itself in standby mode every couple minutes. Trying to get in touch with their CS, but it's another webform.

Not that pleased with the sound signature, anyway. Neutral, sure. EQ-able, kinda. Comfy, yeah, but that doesn't matter when one ear is constantly losing signal.

Put them both in the case. There is a factory reset that can be done on them. I had hiccups on the initial connection. I set the X as the primary (first connected) then connected Y. Afterwards they would never connect. So I did a factory reset (don't need to remold doing this) and then set Y as primary (connected first) then X and it's worked great since.

Edit: X and Y are L and R, but I forget which I did first and second. I just remember switching them hoping that would solve connection issues.

Feb 23, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #29,548 of 63,223
Have any of you guys picked up the NUARL N10 with ANC? I wonder how they sound... I love my N6Ps
Another one that had an issue and was recalled. Though when they come out here in the US they will be issue free. IIRC it was a bad batch of hardware and not an issue anymore except for some stock that was out there so they did the trade in thing or whatever for customers but best not to buy from Japan yet unless you live there. There was a serial number range of bad units they narrowed it to and called them back.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #29,549 of 63,223
Put them both in the case. There is a factory reset that can be done on them. I had hiccups on the initial connection. I set the X as the primary (first connected) then connected Y. Afterwards they would never connect. So I did a factory reset (don't need to remold doing this) and then set Y as primary (connected first) then X and it's worked great since.

Edit: X and Y are L and R, but I forget which I did first and second. I just remember switching them hoping that would solve connection issues.
Would love to factory reset. Buds won't go into that mode. I've tried about 10 different ways and times at this point.

Feb 23, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #29,550 of 63,223
Another one that had an issue and was recalled. Though when they come out here in the US they will be issue free. IIRC it was a bad batch of hardware and not an issue anymore except for some stock that was out there so they did the trade in thing or whatever for customers but best not to buy from Japan yet unless you live there. There was a serial number range of bad units they narrowed it to and called them back.
Thanks! I’ve been wondering why I don’t see them for sale on Amazon or hear people discussing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back