Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 23, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #29,551 of 63,225
In my experience, after 20 hours or so, that treble smoothed out quite a bit. just curious, is the hinge on your charging case loose feeling? Mine was from day 1 and knock on wood, no issues after a bit over a year. I don't use them as much as MTW but they still get used consistently.
Not at all. The hinge seems pretty solid. Overall the buds AND the case seem very solid.

Feb 23, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #29,552 of 63,225
Would love to factory reset. Buds won't go into that mode. I've tried about 10 different ways and times at this point.
Ok...after about 3 full resets and a whole lot of frustration with the UEs later, turns out I was barking up the wrong tree. What it eventually took was to go in and delete the data/cache for the UE FITS app itself (Android only, though. Don't know how you'd do this for iPhone). Once I did that, the app identified that my firmware needed updating (which I already had done), but let it run through anyway. After the "update" has been completed, I'm a couple songs in now without dropouts, so seems like that was the magic fix. I still get a constant nag from the app asking me to update, after which it tells me that I'm already up to date, but at least I only get that while I'm in the app. Really surprised to see UE, a Logitech-owned company, have issues at the software level like this. It's atypical.

Sound seems pretty par for the course from what I remember of UE's Triple.Fi lineup. Initial listening observations are being done with the default "UE Signature" EQ, which resembles a FR plot that correlates to what I'm hearing. There's definitely a push throughout the bass and treble regions with mids sitting at unity. I don't mind this signature; it gives instruments enough room to breathe and you can hear everything that's going on within the track. Just doesn't seem to evoke much of an emotional response from me like the Earfun or Cambridge did. I definitely wouldn't recommend these for long-term listening due how fatigued my ears already feel at 45 minutes on medium-low volume.

Also managed to put in the M&Ds long enough to make a trip to the mailbox and back. I could see why ANC wasn't needed as passive isolation. Unfortunately, the call quality was so bad that my wife made a point of mentioning it during our call; in her words, I sounded like I was talking in a fish tank.

Today taught me that I'm not crazy for grabbing a bunch of pairs at first, even if my wife chastised me over the weekend for ordering so many pairs. Now I'm really hoping Cambridge manages to take care of their minor issues so they can sit firmly up top as the top pair in my...usable...arsenal. The Earfuns probably fall right behind it, but it's a really close competition there.

Here's where I'll put the standings at the moment:

1. Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro (best all-arounder, good comfort with SpinFit tips)
2. Cambridge Melomania Touch (most "romantic" and closest to my preferred sound signature, just marred by connectivity and volume control issues)
3. Earfun Free Pro (better SQ to my ears than the LA2P and tiiiiny buds; I just prefer to have an app for controls)
4. UE FITS (frustrating setup process and that's an understatement, sound signature doesn't grab me, but hey...they don't budge once they're in)
5. M&D MW07 GO (great SQ, but I prefer to have an app and the poor call quality is an automatic disqualifier)
6. Drop Move (Poor fit, meh SQ, no app, hard pass)

Feb 23, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #29,553 of 63,225
While the buds burn in some I took case pics...
About 2.5" long
IMG_1537.JPG
and 1.25" at most
IMG_1539.JPG
Made in Vietnam...
IMG_1542.JPG
Hinge locks open with some hold.
IMG_1541.JPG
Nice outside of trying to be small keeping the buds closer together making the removal a bit harder not being as easy to grab and the other downer is no Qi wireless.

Was a choice between the AT and the KEF and I haven't heard the KEF but think I made the right choice. Shipping wasn't free but still $41 less, wait KEF has tax too right, so $60 less, and I like the form factor and easy fit, the button placement and added touch controls and ANC and transparency are better on the AT. AT has a decent app for these as well. Think the KEF don't voice the battery state when you put them in do they? So, that is helpful. Auto play/pause not working with the UE tips though probably cause they are longer and the sensors don't work. Never use that anyhow as with ambient they can stay in and pressing the button is easier than taking one out. Should mention these are the first wireless to go 25 feet then up walled in stairs then walk back to that position on the next floor without a drop. Though if on the next floor up I put my arms away from my sides and up it did block the signal so floor plus arms gave it trouble.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #29,554 of 63,225
Have any of you guys picked up the NUARL N10 with ANC? I wonder how they sound... I love my N6Ps

I wondered it myself, but there’s a lot of connectivity issues with the N10 Pro. A lot of users exchanged their units due to this issue. Products manufactured from August to December 2020, or products purchased by January 2020 (target serial numbers: N66U8A0000 ~, N66U9A0000 ~, N66UXA0000 ~, N66UYA0000 ~, N66UZA0000 ~) are the ones that effected and eligible for the exchange program, though not all of them are effected.

Feb 23, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #29,555 of 63,225
Ok...after about 3 full resets and a whole lot of frustration with the UEs later, turns out I was barking up the wrong tree. What it eventually took was to go in and delete the data/cache for the UE FITS app itself (Android only, though. Don't know how you'd do this for iPhone). Once I did that, the app identified that my firmware needed updating (which I already had done), but let it run through anyway. After the "update" has been completed, I'm a couple songs in now without dropouts, so seems like that was the magic fix. I still get a constant nag from the app asking me to update, after which it tells me that I'm already up to date, but at least I only get that while I'm in the app. Really surprised to see UE, a Logitech-owned company, have issues at the software level like this. It's atypical.

Sound seems pretty par for the course from what I remember of UE's Triple.Fi lineup. Initial listening observations are being done with the default "UE Signature" EQ, which resembles a FR plot that correlates to what I'm hearing. There's definitely a push throughout the bass and treble regions with mids sitting at unity. I don't mind this signature; it gives instruments enough room to breathe and you can hear everything that's going on within the track. Just doesn't seem to evoke much of an emotional response from me like the Earfun or Cambridge did. I definitely wouldn't recommend these for long-term listening due how fatigued my ears already feel at 45 minutes on medium-low volume.

Also managed to put in the M&Ds long enough to make a trip to the mailbox and back. I could see why ANC wasn't needed as passive isolation. Unfortunately, the call quality was so bad that my wife made a point of mentioning it during our call; in her words, I sounded like I was talking in a fish tank.

Today taught me that I'm not crazy for grabbing a bunch of pairs at first, even if my wife chastised me over the weekend for ordering so many pairs. Now I'm really hoping Cambridge manages to take care of their minor issues so they can sit firmly up top as the top pair in my...usable...arsenal. The Earfuns probably fall right behind it, but it's a really close competition there.

1. Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro (best all-arounder, good comfort with SpinFit tips)
2. Cambridge Melomania Touch (most "romantic" and closest to my preferred sound signature, just marred by connectivity and volume control issues)
3. Earfun Free Pro (better SQ to my ears than the LA2P and tiiiiny buds; I just prefer to have an app for controls)
4. UE FITS (frustrating setup process and that's an understatement, sound signature doesn't grab me, but hey...they don't budge once they're in)
5. M&D MW07 GO (great SQ, but I prefer to have an app and the poor call quality is an automatic disqualifier)

Glad you were able to get the software stuff sorted out. Logitech has always been a hardware company first for me and a software second. The only make the software because they have to, so software glitches don't surprise me. I'm not sure how much of a hand Logitech has in the UE fits though, if it's more UE and less Logitech, software glitches make even more sense as unwelcome as they are (not making an excuse for it though). I had a weird setup process as well with glitches. Unfortunate to hear the sound didn't fit your preferences; it's not a super "fun" signature though at the end of the day either. The EQ is also a bit wonky.

I actually didn't find the isolation to be all that great. They were about average, maybe slightly less, for a pair of IEMs. Once music is playing they're fine though. Neve tested a call with them. Don't really plan to :p

Feb 23, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #29,556 of 63,225

JBLs are great sounding and very reliable connection and call quality. You should try them

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #29,557 of 63,225
Glad you were able to get the software stuff sorted out. Logitech has always been a hardware company first for me and a software second. The only make the software because they have to, so software glitches don't surprise me. I'm not sure how much of a hand Logitech has in the UE fits though, if it's more UE and less Logitech, software glitches make even more sense as unwelcome as they are (not making an excuse for it though). I had a weird setup process as well with glitches. Unfortunate to hear the sound didn't fit your preferences; it's not a super "fun" signature though at the end of the day either. The EQ is also a bit wonky.

I actually didn't find the isolation to be all that great. They were about average, maybe slightly less, for a pair of IEMs. Once music is playing they're fine though. Neve tested a call with them. Don't really plan to :p
Haha unfortunately I can't skimp on the call quality end as that's what these things will be used for about 80% of the time. M&Ds are automatically DQ'ed. Let's hope the Senns don't have the same problem. Doubt Jabra will (oh yeah, those are still on the way) and I've still got a few more months for the Status.

As far as I understood, Logitech has a pretty flat corporate structure, allowing for pretty broad platform-sharing. Logitech probably provided the software and BT end of the buds, UE the drivers and tuning, and Revols handled the Lightform application. Could be wrong, though.

And it's not so much that the sound isn't "fun" as it was just grating with the default EQ. I was able to smooth that out by just creating a flat EQ and saving it as a preset. That at least allowed for a lot more stage presence. While I've lost some of the low-end power, I feel almost a half-bubble's worth of space now. Doesn't extend that far beyond the ears, but it's definitely perceivable.

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #29,558 of 63,225
JBLs are great sounding and very reliable connection and call quality. You should try them
I have added and removed those from my Sweetwater cart more times than I care to admit. Very tempted. Assume you're talking about the Club Pro+?

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #29,559 of 63,225
My JBL early review(with comparisons to other to popular models I have tried):

Btw should I post a more detailed one on the site? Never done one before.
Well I have been spending a lot of time trying to evaluate and make a decision between the JBL Club Pro plus and the Sony wf1000xm3 earbuds.

I would say once equalized the two of them have probably the closest sound signature of any two earbuds I have listened to.

the low end on the JBL seems a little bit tighter with the base being a little more fast and impactful whereas on the Sony it seems a little boomier and less defined. And conversely the Sony a tiny little bit more bite at the high end in the treble although after equalization the differences for both of these are quite small.

I think the JBL maybe one of the most underrated true wireless earbuds out there right now for two different reasons. The first one is that they did not do the YouTube review tour as I like to call it in that sound core Samsung Sony Apple Sennheiser Jabra even have all given out earbuds and had tons of reviews come out on release date.it is almost comical. When the sound core Liberty air to prose released on the first day there were at least 30 YouTube reviews by all the typical characters.of course they all got their units for free and for the most part had glowing reviews to me these don't really give you a true accurate picture of what they are like but I liken them more to unboxing videos so that you can see the product.

The JBL on the other hand have maybe four or five YouTube videos that have been released all together in the English language. As such there has been a lot less exposure to reviews. Additionally for some reason there has been very limited stock for people to purchase. The JBL website appears sold outget it for a very good price on amazon.ca.

what is interesting however is that there are a ton of Japanese reviews of these earbuds. Unfortunately I don't understand Japanese however when viewing YouTube on the desktop there is the opportunity to invoke translated subtitles which are kind of amusing as the translations are not very good. however you can also use Google translate to translate the comments as well.

It would seem as if these JBL earbuds are getting very high reviews and some reviewers have ranked them their number one and certainly in their top three of all true Wireless earbuds.

with a few small exceptions they hit every Target I could possibly want in an ear bud:

They get loud and sound amazing once you use the equalizer which is very expansive and comprehensive.I would put them on the same tier sound quality wise as the Sony and the sennheiser. The sennheisers in some music I prefer but in some genres they're warmer laid-back sound does not convey the energy in the song. With the JBL I find every musical genre it sounds great. Though some do sound a little better with the sennheisers but the Sennheiser is also require 10 to 15% boost in volume to reach the same volume levels as the jbl.

They have two different types of transparency mode. They have one that goes on and is there so that you can hear ambient noise in the background while your music is playing. They also have a talk through feature where when activating this it will actually lower the volume to very low levels and amplify the microphones even more so that one can hold a very good conversation that is clear without having to remove the buds. However should you choose to remove an earbud there is auto pause and additionally transparency mode will activate on the other earbud while that is happening. Either but can be used independently unlike the Sennheiser or the Jabra.

Like the Jabra they have a total of six microphones and I have found so far in a few calls that I have made that I sounded clear to the collar the collar sounded very clear to me and I would say the microphone quality is better than the sennheiser's by far better than the Sony and at least on par with the Jabra.

The case is very nice as well. It is shaped very similar to the new Galaxy Bud pros but is slightly bigger dimensionally. It is smaller significantly than the Sony or the Sennheiser. And unlike them does have wireless charging. With the case total battery life is 32 hours without ANC and 24 with anc. 8 hours or 6 hours with ANC off or on in the buds themselves. So far I do not think there are any noise canceling earbuds that have longer reported battery life than these.

Negatives:

Since I have yet to find the perfect earbud there are some negatives and for some these may be a deal breaker but I don't think so. The first one is you can't control every feature at the same time on the earbuds.
In fact the controls are basically identical to the Sony in that you can customize either side. however you have to choose one side to be either track control volume control ambient and noise canceling control or your assistant dedicated controls.
It would have been nice if you could have had volume control added on and then choose two of the other three. as it stands now I have ambient control set on the left with track control on the right. You can still activate your assistant with a long press but you don't have the full assistant functionality that you do when it's assigned to a bud so the main thing I am missing would be volume control. I can do this by holding down the assistant button and telling it the volume I prefer or do it from the phone so it is not a total loss.

The other somewhat negative would be with respect to noise canceling. I have only tested it in a limited fashion so far. I would say if you were buying earbuds specifically for top quality noise canceling I would go for the Jabra the Sony if you get the right fit or the Bose. (The Samsung's are also supposed to be good but since I could never get a proper fit they did not work well for me and accept at a few second intervals when the seal was just right)

The ANC does work but what I found was it was similar to that of the MTW2. Listening to crowded cafe or airplane sounds in a cabin at 65 decibels in my living room home theater system I found with the Sony when I had a good seal would eliminate it all but the highest frequency sounds in those environments. Same thing for the job rep the JBL and the Sennheiser would eliminate the low end part of those noises but the upper frequencies would still come through louder than on the class leaders. Now in the case of the JBL which play volume louder than the Sennheiser if I were to turn the music on I would not hear any of those noises. my tests were done with no music playing but just the noise canceling on to see exactly how much they could eliminate.

Another small negative has to do with the included ear tips they only come with three and even the largest ones are not large enough for my ears. For reference with the Sony I fit best with the silicone included ear tips with medium on one side and large on the other. This tends to be the case with most earbuds that do fit me okay. In the case of the JBL even with a large on both sides I found that while comfortable I was not getting the best seal and the fit was too loose with the buds easily falling out with head shaking. I happen to have extra ear tips from my Liberty 2 Pro. These happen to fit fantastically for both the Sony and for these period the fit became secure with no loss and comfort or sound quality and the earbuds will not come out of my ear even with vigorous shaking.
On one of those Japanese videos I did see them make mention of actually using the ear tips that fit the airpods pro from spin fit the cp1025 perhaps because of their lower profile and that they made a secure comfortable fit as well. I did try the cp360s in medium and large and they were comfortable with a good fit but with putting my head down or shaking it they were not quite as secure and did let more passive noise in and thus not as good noise canceling with them I find this is the case using cp360 for any earbud however.

In conclusion I think right now short of sale prices that are going on for the Sony this represents the best value when putting sound quality with features all in one package. The comfort is great the sound is fantastic the battery life and call quality and ambient mode were all very good for me as well. The case is sufficiently small with wireless charging as well. I think right now they and Sony are pretty much neck and neck (now that I have found a good fit with the Sony's with different tips) for my favorite overall earbuds, with Sony having better ANC and JBL better comfort and features (ipx4 Qi charging, smaller form factor). The Sennheiser momentum true Wireless to have a better touch control design and perhaps for some music a better overall sound signature but lack in volume features and battery life in comparison while costing more than 50% more.

Hopefully as more people discover these outside of Japan there will be more YouTube videos and Buzz for this really great product.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #29,560 of 63,225
Haha unfortunately I can't skimp on the call quality end as that's what these things will be used for about 80% of the time. M&Ds are automatically DQ'ed. Let's hope the Senns don't have the same problem. Doubt Jabra will (oh yeah, those are still on the way) and I've still got a few more months for the Status.

As far as I understood, Logitech has a pretty flat corporate structure, allowing for pretty broad platform-sharing. Logitech probably provided the software and BT end of the buds, UE the drivers and tuning, and Revols handled the Lightform application. Could be wrong, though.

And it's not so much that the sound isn't "fun" as it was just grating with the default EQ. I was able to smooth that out by just creating a flat EQ and saving it as a preset. That at least allowed for a lot more stage presence. While I've lost some of the low-end power, I feel almost a half-bubble's worth of space now. Doesn't extend that far beyond the ears, but it's definitely perceivable.
Don't bother with the sennheisers of you like call quality. They are garbage in the MTW2 which are better than the cx400.

I ordered the cx400 for the best price because I like the sound signature but they would not be a great everyday earbud. No Ambient mode poor quality for calls no ANC or IP rating. And even battery is neutered as the case has less than 2 charges for 20 hours total if listening on AAC at 50% volume. Based on the MTW2 and being in Android I will be on APTX and need minimum 70% to 80% volume so I will be lucky to see 15 total hours.

Best call quality will be Bose, Samsung, Jabra, JBL.

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #29,562 of 63,225

I created a flat EQ too, though I don't mind the way the UE has it set up default. If you want to, you can further edit the flat EQ to add a bit of low end power. I wish UE offered dB markings on the EQ as that's what makes it hardest to EQ properly IMO. But then again, is it worth getting them to how you like it if you can't use them for calls?

Feb 23, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #29,563 of 63,225
Don't bother with the sennheisers of you like call quality. They are garbage in the MTW2 which are better than the cx400.

I ordered the cx400 for the best price because I like the sound signature but they would not be a great everyday earbud. No Ambient mode poor quality for calls no ANC or IP rating. And even battery is neutered as the case has less than 2 charges for 20 hours total if listening on AAC at 50% volume. Based on the MTW2 and being in Android I will be on APTX and need minimum 70% to 80% volume so I will be lucky to see 15 total hours.

Best call quality will be Bose, Samsung, Jabra, JBL.
Oh boy. Guess they'll be in the same camp as the M&Ds, then, which have been growing on me this afternoon. Granted, I did swap out the tips with some SpinFits and that helped a lot with fit and sound signature. These feel very "Hi-Fi" to me now, which I don't mind a whole lot these days; it's why I find the Cambridge so admirable. These are a little more bloated in comparison, though, especially on Electronic music.
Yes. Got them from Amazon Canada. Currently 219$ CDN which is about 170$ US.
Nice price! Very tempting...
I created a flat EQ too, though I don't mind the way the UE has it set up default. If you want to, you can further edit the flat EQ to add a bit of low end power. I wish UE offered dB markings on the EQ as that's what makes it hardest to EQ properly IMO. But then again, is it worth getting them to how you like it if you can't use them for calls?
I'll have to do some call testing on them in a bit. There's something sweet enough about them to keep, even if call quality isn't awesome. I did find myself lost in a few tracks, mostly due to how little you feel them in your ears.

Feb 23, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #29,564 of 63,225
Oh boy. Guess they'll be in the same camp as the M&Ds, then, which have been growing on me this afternoon. Granted, I did swap out the tips with some SpinFits and that helped a lot with fit and sound signature. These feel very "Hi-Fi" to me now, which I don't mind a whole lot these days; it's why I find the Cambridge so admirable. These are a little more bloated in comparison, though, especially on Electronic music.

Nice price! Very tempting...

I'll have to do some call testing on them in a bit. There's something sweet enough about them to keep, even if call quality isn't awesome. I did find myself lost in a few tracks, mostly due to how little you feel them in your ears.
You don’t feel them at all while they’re in your ear. It really is amazing. To be honest, I may or may not feel them more than I do with my CIEM. Which is pretty amazing to think about. Granted they don’t sit deep in the ear canal at all though.

Feb 23, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #29,565 of 63,225

For those who speak Japanese or like me use desktop mode and generate English subtitles then translate the comments.

Seems all the main recent reviews of the JBL club pro plus are coming out of Japan. I think JBL made a mistake in not sponsoring some reviews as this thing is getting great reviews there in happen.

This video and others have it ranked 1st overall.

The top 5 overall with noise cancelling in this video. He has a scoring system or of 150 factoring in fit comfort sound ANC and features etc:

5. Tie APP Nuarl10pro 106/150
4. Jabra 85t 111/150
3 Aviot TED01M 112/150
2. MTW2 114/150
1. JBL club pro plus 121/150

Some notes. He really likes the ANC of Jabras and APP the best.
Sound overall MTW2 and JBL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back