Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 15, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #28,426 of 62,402
WF-1000xm3.

I actually had the xm3 until Tuesday, but I ran out of time & had to return them. I was messing with the Touch connection issue then charging issue that I sadly didn't get a chance to do A/B test. I finally think I have the Touch figured out - jiggle it a bit until the red light comes on then you are good to go.

From my memory, I'm pretty sure the Touch have slightly better sound in a smaller lighter package. Bass is slightly on the strong side much like the Sony, mids need to be EQ'd a bit to raise a bit, highs are not as smooth as the Sony, soundstage might be slightly better on the Touch, I feel Touch are bit better in sound quality, Touch are smaller+lighter+ipx4 water-resistant, Sony has better app/case but it's close enough, Touch also have aptx. Overall I think Touch are better because smaller package, better bang for the buck, more comfortable and I think they sound bit better. I am kind of mad I didn't have the time to do A/B test. I actually had time but didn't use it properly.

If CA can get the connection issue fixed, I think these are great earbuds. They sound pretty much on par with the cx400bt, which have same drivers as the MTW2. I think cx400 had more neutral sound that was great out of the box. Touch needed some EQ, doesn't quite sound as natural and cx400bt was better with the highs. Cx400bt was barebones with no iptx water-resistance, no transparency mode and not comfortable. Touch has advantage in all 3 things.

I don't have a ton of time to do an A/B, but I dislike the Sony's sound in general. Compared to the MT's, the bass is boomy, and the resolution and imaging is incredibly congested. The ANC is pretty good (not as good as any of my ANC over the ears of course), but I have been trying to find a replacement TWS with similar to better ANC because I don't like the sound. The fit/comfort is okay for me, but the MT's definitely win. The case feels better than the MT's but it is quite a bit larger, but does come with NFC, so initial pairing quite a bit easier.

Jan 15, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #28,427 of 62,402
The Fiil's got nice seperation and some potential for dark sounding genres.
But electric guitars and bright synths? Just no.

Fair comment. I haven't listened to much electric guitar or synths specifically and can't speak for the Fiil T1 Lite but on the T1 Pros EDM sounds very good. This is also comparing with Sony WH and WF 1000xm3.

Edit: speaking about sound quality only. For ANC Fiil doesn't hold a candle to Sony.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #28,428 of 62,402
You must be an iphone user. As a Galaxy user, anything without Aptx or LDAC is a non-starter.
I am a brand new S20 user and S9 before that, like Canabuck I don't mind AAC. I actually own several LDAC products (fullsize or wired BT products) and also own several that do APTx or APTxHD. LDAC sounds great and APTxHD is good but I prefer AAC over APTx myself as I find APTx to be a bit brittle sounding to my ears and unfortunately my S9 did not support the HD codec so I was unable to use that so found myself using AAC or occasionally LDAC.

Having said all that I have to say that the drivers and tuning play as big or bigger role than codecs in my opinion. I own the WH-1000XM3, WH-910N, WI-1000X (neckband noise cancelling first gen Sony product) and while each sounds good for different reasons none have more detail than the AZ70 IMO even though all of them use LDAC. As for TWS as someone else mentioned nobody has released an LDAC version yet and I do not believe anyone has an APTxHD version either (unless that standard has been absorbed or renamed into a new APTx standard/codec I am aware of...).

Jan 15, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #28,429 of 62,402
I use LDAC all the time between my phone and ES100. Yes, not true wireless, and not really waiting for LDAC on a true wireless. I was really saying that, on my Samsung Galaxy S10+ at least, AAC is not implemented particularly well and is noticeably inferior to AptX.

Edit: Could I tolerate AAC? Of course. At this point, though there's no need to settle. It's not like I don't already have way more stuff than I need or really could ever use.

I had gotten the Sony neckband model refurb for $40 and was rocking the LDAC for a while. Of course that brought the 3 button control which is also nice to have. We need that more in TWS. The Nuarl N6 had that and it is good esp. when adding more features. Hate tapping three or even for times or leaving out stuff since you don't have the options with on touch area. The TWS industry really can do better and be more inventive and convenient. Hopefully they will be in the future. At times they seem to lack common sense or just not do all they can to do it right.

Jan 15, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #28,430 of 62,402
Hello, I currently have the 1more nubia pods tws and the edifier tws5, but I want something a little better, I do not know any recommendation that has between $ 100- $ 150 dollars, I am looking for the "Edifier Tws6" that is seen on aliexpress at 80 dollars good and interesting for the Knowles controllers and apart I'm looking at the LYPERTEK TEVI, but I don't know how it works out of the latter, I hope you can help me: D

Jan 15, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #28,431 of 62,402
Fair comment. I haven't listened to much electric guitar or synths specifically and can't speak for the Fiil T1 Lite but on the T1 Pros EDM sounds very good. This is also comparing with Sony WH and WF 1000xm3.

Edit: speaking about sound quality only. For ANC Fiil doesn't hold a candle to Sony.

You use Aptx?

Jan 15, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #28,432 of 62,402
Hello, I currently have the 1more nubia pods tws and the edifier tws5, but I want something a little better, I do not know any recommendation that has between $ 100- $ 150 dollars, I am looking for the "Edifier Tws6" that is seen on aliexpress at 80 dollars good and interesting for the Knowles controllers and apart I'm looking at the LYPERTEK TEVI, but I don't know how it works out of the latter, I hope you can help me: D
What is it you want to know about the Tevis? I have them and they are amazing! Love the sound and you can eq them to your liking with the app.

Jan 15, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #28,433 of 62,402
I like these darn AZ70 enough I starting to wonder if the EAH-F70N might be worth buying if I can find a can find a good price.

Do wish they had BT 5.x and a USB-C charging though but other than that tempted so long as I can find a reasonable price...

Hmmmmm, mighty tempting...

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #28,434 of 62,402
You must be an iphone user. As a Galaxy user, anything without Aptx or LDAC is a non-starter.
IMO, AAC on the LG V60 is much improoved. To the point where i'm willing to give something a shot at least if it doesn't have APTX, and the AZ70 sound great to my ears.

Jan 16, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #28,435 of 62,402
boNIw04.jpg

Fiil t1 pro. Now I understand what the praise is all about. Clear sound without being harsh and the bass sounds fluid. Natural timbre. The app is useful. A very minor issue is that I wished the voice prompt for changing between ANC off/on/ambient mode can be louder as it is quite soft

Jan 16, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #28,438 of 62,402
I keep hearing the ANC is sorta...meh, not exactly top tier.
I could care less about what he heard. This guy measured the performance and in some ways it's better than APP. I was looking forward to this one and ordered a set! If it got the same bass as QC buds, score!
This guy saying 5 hrs with ANC, and The Verge saying 4 hrs. hmmm But, Verge says 8 hrs with ANC off.

https://www.0db.co.kr/REVIEW_0DB/1721231

Turn English subtitles on.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #28,439 of 62,402
So, I preordered the S21 ultra and got $200 credit on samsung store so I also ordered the galaxy buds pro. I am not really picky about ANC but a good ambiance mode, sound and call quality are most important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back