Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 1, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #28,066 of 62,453
Hmm, melomania Touch is now on Amazon, but shows March delivery if you want it directly from Amazon using Amazon prime (Prime free delivery from Amazon warehouse shows March 11 delivery date). That's crazy. AmazonSmile: Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch Earbuds, True Wireless Bluetooth 5.0, Hi-Fi Sound, in-Ear Stereo Ear Buds for iPhone and for Android (White): Home Audio & Theater

I guess if you want it in January, you have to order from Cambridge Audio directly or you might be waiting until March.

You make it sound like you can't get it on Amazon till March. :) You can still order them on Amazon and use your gift cards and all that but Cambridge ships it. No real difference since shipping is free with Cambridge. Says refer to the Amazon return and refunds policy as well. Potentially the free shipping might take longer than Prime would but not a factor since Amazon has no stock yet.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #28,068 of 62,453
Would you say ANC is a deal breaker? Saw in many of the reviews that they mentioned it is not that necessary as they plugs are quite tight. I'm thinking of buying them but of course I need them also for flights, busy streets etc.. Would I need ANC?
Agree that now in 2021 it should be a given to include ANC in any new earbud of quality. The chip sets in these bugs all have the capability. The added costs to incorporate the mics is not large. It would add less than 10$to the cost which must would be glad to pay for the added functionality. Heck Jabra retroactively added it to a2019 model as it had the beer chipset

Jan 2, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #28,071 of 62,453
Will be interesting to see if Cambridge Audio will keep the Melomania touch updated.

Its their first earbuds with the ability to receive firmware updates. Perhaps even their very first product?

Jan 2, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #28,073 of 62,453
im not sure how everyone feels about this but I did sort of a A/B/C/D back and forth comparison with the Senheisser Momentum (original) model that Amazon has on sale for $99 against my Fiil T1XS, my Earfun Free Pro, my Edifier X3 and TWS1, along with my Master Dynamic Go.

I compared these earbuds back and forth on several high resolution tracks playing on Sound Cloud, You Tube, on both my Samsung Note 8 and also paired bluetooth to my Alienware PC to test out audio performance on alot of PC games as well as sound fx too and how well these earbuds could replicate audio that is comparible to my Edifier S2000 Pro Bookshelf speakers that I have connected to my PC.

I tried out alot of various music from Hip Hop, to Freestyle, Rock, Pop, and also alot of HI END acoustical You Tube clips that push your headphones to musical extremes

I have to say, I was quite surprised that the Senheisser Momentums performed very underwhelming in comparison to both the FiiL TXS and the Earfun Free Pro both of which demonstrated better fidelity and more articulate resolution of instruments. Sound was fuller in the low end with quicker more accurately felt bass. Where the Senheissers really struggles was reproducing richly textured high notes like symbols, and hi hats.....and in some of my PC games, the musical tracks in the background along with the sound fx did not feel as rich and full of details as the other 2 earbuds. I would say they fell somewhere in the middle to lower pack right above the Edifier TWS1. Even the Edifier X3 performed more accuratelty however didnt get as loud.

I tried switching out the default earbud tips with some Comfy's i special ordered for the Momemntums and also the SpinFits.....Both tips help improve the sound deep end a bit but still could not improve the overall Highs and dynamic range of these earbuds. After spending a good 2 days going back and forth really trying to justify the purchase of these buds, even the sale price at $99 for these Senheisers that also seem to get world renowned accolades, I was left truly dissapointed with the audio quality in comparison to my other favorite earbuds. I guess if I didnt own the Fiil 1XS or the Earfun Free Pro buds, I would guess that they are on par with the Edifier X3. Slightly above the Edifier TWS1 and slightly below the Master Dynamic Go earbuds. But one thing I actually confirmed is that they are definitely overrated in by todays earbud standards....that is for sure.

I already have processed the return authorization thru Amazon to get my money back.

Jan 2, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #28,074 of 62,453
im not sure how everyone feels about this but I did sort of a A/B/C/D back and forth comparison with the Senheisser Momentum (original) model that Amazon has on sale for $99 against my Fiil T1XS, my Earfun Free Pro, my Edifier X3 and TWS1, along with my Master Dynamic Go.

I compared these earbuds back and forth on several high resolution tracks playing on Sound Cloud, You Tube, on both my Samsung Note 8 and also paired bluetooth to my Alienware PC to test out audio performance on alot of PC games as well as sound fx too and how well these earbuds could replicate audio that is comparible to my Edifier S2000 Pro Bookshelf speakers that I have connected to my PC.

I tried out alot of various music from Hip Hop, to Freestyle, Rock, Pop, and also alot of HI END acoustical You Tube clips that push your headphones to musical extremes

I have to say, I was quite surprised that the Senheisser Momentums performed very underwhelming in comparison to both the FiiL TXS and the Earfun Free Pro both of which demonstrated better fidelity and more articulate resolution of instruments. Sound was fuller in the low end with quicker more accurately felt bass. Where the Senheissers really struggles was reproducing richly textured high notes like symbols, and hi hats.....and in some of my PC games, the musical tracks in the background along with the sound fx did not feel as rich and full of details as the other 2 earbuds. I would say they fell somewhere in the middle to lower pack right above the Edifier TWS1. Even the Edifier X3 performed more accuratelty however didnt get as loud.

I tried switching out the default earbud tips with some Comfy's i special ordered for the Momemntums and also the SpinFits.....Both tips help improve the sound deep end a bit but still could not improve the overall Highs and dynamic range of these earbuds. After spending a good 2 days going back and forth really trying to justify the purchase of these buds, even the sale price at $99 for these Senheisers that also seem to get world renowned accolades, I was left truly dissapointed with the audio quality in comparison to my other favorite earbuds. I guess if I didnt own the Fiil 1XS or the Earfun Free Pro buds, I would guess that they are on par with the Edifier X3. Slightly above the Edifier TWS1 and slightly below the Master Dynamic Go earbuds. But one thing I actually confirmed is that they are definitely overrated in by todays earbud standards....that is for sure.

I already have processed the return authorization thru Amazon to get my money back.

Seems to me like a difference in preference when it comes to sound signatures. I havent heard the others but I have had the MTWs and MW07 Go for over a year now and still use them. I actually prefer the MTW sound EQ'd for a little less bass) and use the MW07 Go for a more "fun" sound (or when I am outdoors for the IPX rating). I prefer the warmer MTW sound and actually find the MW07 Go a bit V shaped for my liking. Cymbals to me sound a bit splashy and artificial on the MW07 Go and sometimes I can detect a bit of hiss on the MW07 Go. Still enjoy them both. Not saying you are wrong. We each hear what we hear but likely have different preferences.

Jan 2, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #28,075 of 62,453
Fair enough, but to me, there is a difference in a warmer signature vs missing details, texture, or resolution in certain instruments. In many of the higher resolution tracks I tested where you could close your eyes and almost actually hear the reverberations of the guitar strings being plucked one at a time in sound dampeneded studio, or the bit of rasp in a french female jazz singers voice as she sadly delivers the finale words in a love ballad all come to better life on the Fiil T1XS and Earfun Free. whereas the Momentum Senheissers felt somewhat masked/slightly clothed lacking those clear little nuances.

Best analogy I can make is getting in my car in the morning and looking thru the windshield....yeah I can see everything pretty clear but as soon as I click on the windshield wipers and pump a squirt of the wiper fluid, that clear view enters a whole new layer of clarity and detail that I didnt realize I was missing. This is what it is like for me with these earbuds. And in regard to the MW07 GO, I wouldnt even compare them up with the Fiil T1XS and Earfun Free. However, for me, I do find them slightly superior to the Sennheiser Momentums maybe almost on the same level...depending on what I am listening to. But having other earbuds that I find sound better, and where actually cheaper, leave me no reason to keep these Sennheiser buds....I have to stand behind my original assessment that they are very overrated/overpriced in today's market.

Jan 2, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #28,076 of 62,453
Jan 2, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #28,077 of 62,453
I've looked over the last few pages, but I haven't read all 1,872 pages so apologies in advance if this is covered earlier.

Are there any good custom molded, truly wireless earbuds on the market currently? I've used the Jabra 65T and currently have some Samsung Galaxy Buds+, which have both been fine, but I've wanted a pair of custom molded IEMs for a long time and I'm finally starting to look for them seriously. Now that I have used truly wireless earbuds, I doubt I can go back to using wired earbuds, so I'm trying to find a pair of custom molded, truly wireless earbuds with excellent sound quality and noise isolation. But it seems like everything at the custom molded level is wired. I'd be willing to pay quite a bit more for something that hit all of my desired features (flexible budget, but figure around $1,000), but I can't find anything that's even moderately close. Any suggestions? Or are we not yet at the point where manufacturers are putting out custom molded, truly wireless earbuds?

Jan 2, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #28,078 of 62,453
I've looked over the last few pages, but I haven't read all 1,872 pages so apologies in advance if this is covered earlier.

Are there any good custom molded, truly wireless earbuds on the market currently? I've used the Jabra 65T and currently have some Samsung Galaxy Buds+, which have both been fine, but I've wanted a pair of custom molded IEMs for a long time and I'm finally starting to look for them seriously. Now that I have used truly wireless earbuds, I doubt I can go back to using wired earbuds, so I'm trying to find a pair of custom molded, truly wireless earbuds with excellent sound quality and noise isolation. But it seems like everything at the custom molded level is wired. I'd be willing to pay quite a bit more for something that hit all of my desired features (flexible budget, but figure around $1,000), but I can't find anything that's even moderately close. Any suggestions? Or are we not yet at the point where manufacturers are putting out custom molded, truly wireless earbuds?

I think closest you can get to a custom is the the Ultimate Ears Fits.

Jan 2, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #28,080 of 62,453

I haven't seen any. Only one diy pair a while ago.

Why not get customs and a Fiio UTWS3 or TRN BT20S Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back