Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 17, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #27,736 of 62,297
Received my Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 last week and im happy. Packaging is clever, eco-friendly and the earbuds feels light and PREMIUM. Im from Canada.

I've tried the Mifo O5 Plus dynamics: great sound a bit too mid happy and bass heavy, great battery, but poor bluetooth integration. The Melomania are my third bluetooth earphone and the same price as the Mifo O5. The Melomania are FAR SUPERIOR with better natural mid and soundstage. Im in other league.

First I was using stock silicone tips and the small foam stock foam tips, shove it very far in my ear canal. No discomfort and great isolation: my ears are made for this size I guess... But I was having the biggest bass borderline too much. It even affected the highs. So I was tip rolling with a lot of different tips from my collection. It was difficult due to the very big nozzle size. But still, too much bass.

For my ears, NOW I'm using the bigger foam tips that came with the package. It helps keep the earbud not too far inside my ear. The key here is to get the earphone not too far (too much bass, no highs) or too near (too much mid, no bass) You shouldn't get the earphone passed too much the silver ring to get the best balanced sound.

So if it help someone getting the best of those fantastic earbuds, please experiment with how you get them in your ear. Other third party ear tips can help, like the Comply T500 or the Spinfit CP155. But it can be tricky to get them in the case.

Dec 17, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #27,737 of 62,297
Dou you prefer your new Fiil T1 lite to yor edifier X3?. I also have the x3, but my favorite one is the tranya t3. I would lij to try a FIIL, but I am I am doubting between the lite and the pro.
T1 Lite is a completely different level in terms of sound, it is significantly more balanced and fuller. I had to get used to the Edifier X3 for a long time and only recently did I find eartips that I am happy with.
But ...
unfortunately, I found out this morning that they sent me a scum, the earphones are not charging at all in the case. After the first day, they discharged and can no longer be turned on, so I only have a pile of plastic with the inscription FIIl :frowning2: At first glance, everything works, the case charges, when the lid is closed, the LED lights up and 5V voltage is on the contacts, but the earphones are dead.
The quality of goods from China has dropped significantly over the last year, it's downright lottery. Not long ago, I had to complain Blon's BL-03, now fill again :frowning2:.
Whatever the outcome of the complaint, I'll probably buy them again anyway, the look and sound suit me on the T1 Lite, I don't want more from TWS.

One thing I'm confused about TW earphones. If they come with an app and you equalise them. Does that setting get saved so when you connect to them another device like a PC it savings that equalisation on the ear buds or its just a device only thing?
Yes, this is how it works on the Fiil T1 Lite, I set the advanced control and EQ in the application, disconnected them from the phone and connected them to the Shanling M0, and the control and EQ settings remained as I set them. I think it will work on other Fiil models as well.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #27,738 of 62,297
Looks like the new upcoming galaxy buds pros will have an IP68 certification. If they end up having the great call quality of the Buds live and the Buds+ with their signature sound coupled with ANC, I think they might be my next purchase.

Dec 17, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #27,739 of 62,297
Keep us all posted! Thanks. Most likely will pick up the Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch before I get the RHAs
Got them today. At first, I thought they sounded awful with the stock tips. Switched out to a pair of Spinfits and boom, really nice, balanced. Wish I could EQ them and not be bound to EQ presets. They don't get super loud, but the fit is quite nice, almost as if you had them fitted. ANC is light. Nothing like the MTW2 or APP. Controls are very sensitive. Still taking them for a spin. I don't think they're worth the $299 asking price at all. If you can get them for the 225 like me, maybe. Never had a pair of RHA. Build quality is very nice, case is nice too. A little big, but around the same size and the MTW2 case, but with wireless charging and more solid.

IMG_4844.JPG

IMG_4845.JPG

Dec 17, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #27,740 of 62,297
So I know the AirPods Pro don’t get talked about much in here, but I just got an IPhone 12 Mini and some AirPods Pro yesterday and with the Headphone Accommodations on and set to “balanced tone” they sound very good. The overall balance is very good. The ANC is very good, and so far the transparency mode seems good as well. I’m liking them so far.
There is actually a lot of talk about APP. There are many comparisons that almost make them a reference standard for ANC. Personally the APPs are one of the few Apple products I really like. Unfortunately I must be allergic to them...apple is being kind enough to buy them back.

Dec 17, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #27,741 of 62,297
There is actually a lot of talk about APP. There are many comparisons that almost make them a reference standard for ANC. Personally the APPs are one of the few Apple products I really like. Unfortunately I must be allergic to them...apple is being kind enough to buy them back.
It seems like this thread doesn’t mention the APP much. Also got to play around with the spatial audio with some video on Disney+, and Hulu, and that’s really impressive too. I think I can live with just the APP and just use my Elear with Clear pads when I want to be an “audiophile “.

Dec 17, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #27,742 of 62,297
Well there was a lot of talk about them last year when they came out, like the MTW 1, MW07, etc..in their day...this is more like a "latest TWEs" thread really. As for their ANC, yes it's "impressive" (big "wow" factor) like on the Bose QC but at the end of the day what matters (apart from some special use cases) is overall isolation and the APPs like the Bose QC or the 85Ts have poor passive isolation compared to the Amazon Echo Buds, MTW 2 or 75Ts, so while these may have less "impressive" ANC they still win for overall isolation.

Dec 17, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #27,743 of 62,297
Another annoyance about the Earfun Free Pro is you cannot have ambient sound (or ANC) when wearing a single earbud. It reverts to passive isolation after you close the lid with the other bud charging. On Samsung and Jabra, you can still trigger ambient sound if you happen to have the bud with the button that activates it. On the 1More ANC you can't use the ANC controls but you can still at least go into the (SLOW-loading) app to enable it.

I've seen a lot of praise for the Earfun's bass but I feel like it's a little too sticky for a lack of better word. It's not sloppy or loose, but doesn't feel "fast" enough for some songs. Wondering if the T1 Pro is better in that regard.

Overall it's a great deal for 50$ USD/65$ CAD, so much I'm considering returning the 1Mores (though I can't get past their resolution and having an AptX TWS on Windows 10). I just wished certain things were ironed out.

Dec 18, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #27,744 of 62,297
Has anyone else had trouble with the left earbud of the 1More ANC not connecting? It has a red or blue light that doesn't change.

Also find it annoying I can't tweak ANC settings when using a single bud. I'd at least want to use ambient hear-through in these situations without having to go into their cumbersome app. Not only does the app take long to connect to the earbuds (and sometimes fails when music is playing), but my phone also keeps telling me it's draining battery. Finally, it seems you cannot disable auto-pause, only enable auto-pause and resume. I've had some situations where auto-pause is triggered accidentally.
Just got these on a sale on Amazon cost me about 155 Canadian or about 120usd. The sound is very nice but don’t find them loud. Also find the kids a bit recessed. Going to burn them in with the burn in feature in the app before I decide on returning. Haven’t tried the other tips yet but the stock seemed comfortable.

I am curious as to others opinions of these and the THX tuning.

Dec 18, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #27,745 of 62,297
Another annoyance about the Earfun Free Pro is you cannot have ambient sound (or ANC) when wearing a single earbud. It reverts to passive isolation after you close the lid with the other bud charging. On Samsung and Jabra, you can still trigger ambient sound if you happen to have the bud with the button that activates it. On the 1More ANC you can't use the ANC controls but you can still at least go into the (SLOW-loading) app to enable it.

I've seen a lot of praise for the Earfun's bass but I feel like it's a little too sticky for a lack of better word. It's not sloppy or loose, but doesn't feel "fast" enough for some songs. Wondering if the T1 Pro is better in that regard.

Overall it's a great deal for 50$ USD/65$ CAD, so much I'm considering returning the 1Mores (though I can't get past their resolution and having an AptX TWS on Windows 10). I just wished certain things were ironed out.
Where can you get the ear fun pro in Canada?

Dec 18, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #27,746 of 62,297
Has anyone heard both the Sony WF-1000XM3 and Sennheiser Momentum True wireless? I have Sennheiser cx400bt that use same drivers as the Momentum True wireless. I would be very curious to see how the Momentums sound compared to the Sony, which just dropped in price.

Dec 18, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #27,747 of 62,297
You won't get much better than the T1 Pro for all round strength in depth.

Sound quality is very decent, but after a bit of scrutiny I discovered they have prioritised latency, and to get round the Qualcomm license fee requirement for Aptx, have cut corners - they've only partially implemented AAC-LC, skipping some of the better features that mpeg-4 gives you over mpeg-2 such as SBR, and like Samsung have reduced the bitpool on SBC. Whilst the tuning is pretty good - albeit a tad too V-shaped for my liking - the over compression comes across when songs peak. Don't get me wrong - their tuning alone is better than 95% of other tws out there - but it's worth remembering why they cost what they do and why you can't get a set of momentum for the same price (aside from the obvious sunk costs of doing business)

That point aside, at this price point only the Soundpeats Sonic come close, and they can't be considered due to other reasons - form factor, flashing lights, etc.

I also take exception to the criticism of the ANC. It's much better than the YouTube reviews make out. The problem I guess is that stuff like keyboard taps are still clearly audible but it's like they cut the bass out of them. Any low freq distant sounds are well handled.
I have the Earfun Free Pro, the ANC is very strong in taking out sounds like my space heater (better than other ANC devices I have so far), but not much for something like a car engine. It also seems hit or miss as sometimes it seems less strong than other times (which may be due to having to fiddle with the seal).

The Earfun Free Pro still uses MPEG-2 AAC but SBC bitpool is 8-53. Is it lower on F1 Pro?

Just got these on a sale on Amazon cost me about 155 Canadian or about 120usd. The sound is very nice but don’t find them loud. Also find the kids a bit recessed. Going to burn them in with the burn in feature in the app before I decide on returning. Haven’t tried the other tips yet but the stock seemed comfortable.

I am curious as to others opinions of these and the THX tuning.
Oh wow, mine was 167 on Cyber Monday though I also used a gift card I received elsewhere. Were yours made after June 2020?

I find the mids recessed as well, with the upper mid/treble being a tad hot. There's this metallic texture to the treble that's hard to describe, the 1More Triple Drivers had a similar tonality. The ANC isn't as good for cutting out certain sounds like the Earfun Free Pro but feels smoother and less hissy, though it suffers from some EMI sounds as well.

Battery life isn't getting me through more than 2 days if I'm using ANC often. I feel like these are more like earbuds with ANC rather than ANC being a key feature, considering they don't even remember your ANC setting when powering them on. When the case is depleted, the earbuds won't suddenly power on like the TaoTronics 94, but you'll have to manually power them on and off. Because it relies on proximity sensors rather than charging contacts, so far the Samsung Galaxy Buds+ is the only TWS I have which is capable of powering off in a completely depleted case. The drawback is I can't do something as silly as wear an ANC over-ear headphone over the Buds+.

Where can you get the ear fun pro in Canada?
I purchased them from Earfun's official site. Took 3 weeks to receive them, presumably from China but the tracking info just said it went through Mississauga before arriving at Vancouver via Canada Post. I don't know what's hard about getting them shipped from the States vs overseas. I'm told they ship every Wednesday - I had missed the first Wednesday so it got pushed back 1 more week, so it should only take 2 weeks. You might be able to get them through Amazon.com with import fees, and it's now giving me an estimated arrival of Jan 1-19.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #27,748 of 62,297
I have the Earfun Free Pro, the ANC is very strong in taking out sounds like my space heater (better than other ANC devices I have so far), but not much for something like a car engine. It also seems hit or miss as sometimes it seems less strong than other times (which may be due to having to fiddle with the seal).

The Earfun Free Pro still uses MPEG-2 AAC but SBC bitpool is 8-53. Is it lower on F1 Pro?

Oh wow, mine was 167 on Cyber Monday though I also used a gift card I received elsewhere. Were yours made after June 2020?

I find the mids recessed as well, with the upper mid/treble being a tad hot. There's this metallic texture to the treble that's hard to describe, the 1More Triple Drivers had a similar tonality. The ANC isn't as good for cutting out certain sounds like the Earfun Free Pro but feels smoother and less hissy, though it suffers from some EMI sounds as well.

Battery life isn't getting me through more than 2 days if I'm using ANC often. I feel like these are more like earbuds with ANC rather than ANC being a key feature, considering they don't even remember your ANC setting when powering them on. When the case is depleted, the earbuds won't suddenly power on like the TaoTronics 94, but you'll have to manually power them on and off. Because it relies on proximity sensors rather than charging contacts, so far the Samsung Galaxy Buds+ is the only TWS I have which is capable of powering off in a completely depleted case. The drawback is I can't do something as silly as wear an ANC over-ear headphone over the Buds+.

I purchased them from Earfun's official site. Took 3 weeks to receive them, presumably from China but the tracking info. It went through Mississauga before arriving at Vancouver via Canada Post. I don't know what's hard about getting them shipped from the States vs overseas.I'm told they ship every Wednesday - I had missed the first Wednesday so it got pushed back 1 more week, so it should only take 2 weeks. You might be able to get them through Amazon.com with import fees, and it's now giving me an estimated arrival of Jan 1-19.

Yes these are July build date. THX even mentioned on the shrink wrap of the package.

Burning in the 1 more a bit and the sound is starting to be real enjoyable. Treble much less harsh than my bud+or my L2P.
Bass is somewhere between the 2. Miss are a bit more recessed then the Samsung but the vocals feel more textured and less worry.
Soundstage feels wider too.
At 155$ Canadian and a multipurpose usb cable with 12$as a free as in from Amazon I think I might just keep these.

Was wrong about the volume. Is as loud as my Gbuds+ just different. The low end is fuller but the tenor not being as sharp make it sound like it's not as loud.

Is there a reason more people don't talk about these in this thread?

It checks all the boxes...
High quality ANC.
Aptx which seems like it's in fee earbuds than ever.
Single bud use.
Usb c and wireless charging case.
A great tuned sound which is great for all genres but still has plenty of Bass.
Great fit with multiple ear tips and comfortable.
Reasonable price. I got them for $155 CDN or 118$USD new on Amazon. This was less then I opposite for either of my other yes.

Only cons so far are:
App doesn't have is own equalization though this is THX certified so equalizing might not allow them to.

Battery life seems mediocre but I've never had ANC buds before and none are as good as my Gbuds+it L2P. From reviews these are in part with the APP and not far behind the Sony.

Dec 18, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #27,750 of 62,297

Users who are viewing this thread

Back